• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Playoff Game Thread: Hawks at Celtics -- GAME 2

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

In possession by possession basketball, you see a number of mistakes but usually not 7 minutes worth and I honestly think he could have found more

for sure.  I only watched the first 5 or so possessions in the video.  All 5 involved mistakes that were caused by either laziness or stupidity.  Not a good sign.    

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

43 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Can't see any world where building around Trae is futile but building around Murray isn't.   Trae ain't really the problem.  We need friggin players. 

It's cost based. If Murray is wants an overpay, he's needs to go too. We have to make excellent cap decisions like we did in our 60 win season.

55 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

That's not true.  

A that is a borderline playoff team, that has a rookie that is going into his 2nd deal, will go into the tax if they are serious about trying to build a winner.

It's very true and you know it

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, shakes said:

those breakdowns are an amazing way to really see just how pathetically lazy and/or stupid our players are.  pretty much every last one of them.

Didnt I tell yall "our players arent the brightest crayons in the box"?

smh

• Sad 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

Can't see any world where building around Trae is futile but building around Murray isn't.   Trae ain't really the problem.  We need friggin players. 

Getting rid of Trae and building around Murray will lead to Mediocrity.  Why do you think the Spurs didn't try it.   They know.  I love Murray.  I love his loyalty, I love his passion however, he's not an efficient player, he's not a defensive standout.. at least not on ball, he doesn't have a tight handle.  Like all NBA players he has his flaws.   He's humble enough to work on them and I love that about him too.   I hope he gains about 15 lbs of muscle.  He can be a good PG but I think over time, with size, he will be a better OG which is why I don't hate the match with him and Trae.   But there has to be synergy.   We have not had synergy.   They have taken turns.   So now, we look just like a Nate coached team because Nate didn't know how to make them work together effectively. 

Quin is going to have to figure out what to do.   I think he has a plan that will take some time to be implemented.  He's smart like that.   I saw what he did with Spyda and Conley.   While this isn't the exact same, it's similar.   But for anything to work... 

We need shooters. 

I suggested trading for Alec and Bojan.  It's not that I want to get rid of big wings.  Nor do I want to have all the Bogdanovics...  Those two guys are pure shooters who don't miss open shots.   I think the team will opt out on Burks and we should take him immediately.   Yeah, I know he's old.   But the guys can still shoot.  He's a Horford like player.   He also plays physically. 

I don't know what will happen with Hunter.   His contract is not a bad one.  However, he has to produce.  He can't give us less than Taurean Prince numbers and effort. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Zach Lowe: "Trae Young is doing nothing off ball as usual when Murray has the ball...and of course he's being hunted mercilessly on defense. In every possible way. Wherever Trae is, find him...He's got one effort in him, and after that it just devolves into someone on Boston getting an open shot"

Cliffnotes:  Different year, same shit.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, Diesel said:

Yeah.. that's offseason talk.. and when it comes, Quin is going to make a lot of changes...

Both structurally and Philosophically. 

I can see a future that may look like:   OO, JJ, Bey, AJ, and Trae.  But we're a long way from that.

Do you honestly believe Hawks are going to make noise with that lineup? I doubt it but maybe it's just me. 

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, AHF said:

We can't have this year's performance from Trae but I'm sure as **** not quitting on him because of this year's down year.  If Quin and Landry think that is the right move so be it but as a fan I'll be hoping to see much better offensive and defensive systems from Quin next year, some changes to the roster, and Trae rebounding to scoring efficiency much more like 2021-22 than 2022-23. Trae's challenge should be making Quin's new non-iso system work.  I'm not someone who thinks Trae would have been dominated last year had we had a healthy team in the postseason just like Miami didn't do it this year when they suddenly couldn't afford to triple team him.

I know you want Trae gone but I think the more constructive conversation is about how to succeed with him since I don't believe for a second that Quin chose to coach the Hawks but didn't want to try to make it work with Trae.  You wouldn't take the Memphis job if you thought JJJ or Ja needed to go, and you don't make an unusually early jump to coach Atlanta unless you believe in Trae.  

I really dislike what I see from Trae more often than not, but am willing to see what Quin is going to do with him and the rest of the guys so I don't advocate trading him during the offseason. If we needed to trade him it would be because he didn't buy into Quin's coaching. Let's see if somehow the regular season with a new system draws some interest from Trae. Then if he was unable to change his ways, I would be all for shipping him at the trade deadline.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

It's very true and you know it

LOL

Mavericks GM Optimistic Kyrie Irving Will Sign New Contract in 2023 NBA Free Agency | News, Scores, Highlights, Stats, and Rumors | Bleacher Report

And they were the 11 seed.  And they're 22 million over the Tax this season.   53 million under next season.

So let's see how Dallas plays this.  

Cuban is not going to blow 30+ million on Kyrie and just fill the team with low cost guys.  He's an aggressive owner.  He'll want the best possible team around Luka.  And that means possibly spending 10 - 20 million each on higher quality players.

He'll blow at least 40 - 50 mill on getting "other" players that could help the Mavs, then possibly sign Kyrie to that 30 - 40 mill per year deal to put them well into the Luxury Tax.  

And he can do it because he still have Kyrie's Bird Rights.

Portland was in the tax as an 8 seed in 2020.  So were the 8 seed Rockets back in 2016.

Technically Brooklyn was too back in 2021 ( tied for 7th ).

Those teams traded for high level players + and/or signed their younger talent, which put them in the tax.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, h4wkfan said:

Their defense is built to stop trae. Weird for him being overrated. 

they are daring our guys to shoot 3s. And the game plan is working. Sigh. 

This is why we need to play personnel that can knock down the 3.

If they're going to cut Trae's head off, a good coach would surround him with shooters and tell him to be more of a facilitator.  Brooklyn is trying to cut Embiid down.  But Maxey and especially Harris have stepped up big time to compensate for the scoring.

• Like 3

Just now, macdaddy said:

Why would they sign Kyrie?   We complain about Trae but Luka ain't given up the ball enough to warrant a high volume PG.   Load that team up with 3 point shooters and a rim protector.  

But it's not what Luka wants.  It's what the owner and GM believe that can win them a title, or at least have them in position to play for one.  The history of the NBA says you need 2 high level guys.

Dallas will double down on Kyrie, and try to upgrade the rest of the team.

4 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

But it's not what Luka wants.  It's what the owner and GM believe that can win them a title, or at least have them in position to play for one.  The history of the NBA says you need 2 high level guys.

Dallas will double down on Kyrie, and try to upgrade the rest of the team.

As they should. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NBASupes said:

No one is going into the LT for a 8th seed.

So what I’m seeing is booty cheeks ass defense all over BUT somehow I know you think this is all Traes fault solely including the plays he wasn’t on the court lol

This team just cannot defend. We have no point of attack defenders, no feistiness, nothing. Who cares if you or anyone thinks Trae is WOAT. The whole defense just plains suck with or without Trae and this video shows just that.

• Like 1