• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Playoff Game Thread: Celtics at Hawks -- GAME 4

lethalweapon3

• Moderators
Just now, Peoriabird said:

So the magic number is 48% regardless of whether we play defense, rebound or turn the ball over...all we have to do is shoot 48% from the field and we win the rest of the games. Got it!

Wow.  You just keep doing it, don't you?  Strawman after strawman.  Actually read what people post.  Do better.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

So the magic number is 48% regardless of whether we play defense, rebound or turn the ball over...all we have to do is shoot 48% from the field and we win the rest of the games. Got it!

C'mon man :laugh1:........NO ONE has said we can/should play ZERO defense.

• Premium Member

All I'm hear is shooting is the key and when I introduce the concept of playing defense while even come up with a strategy of playing better defense, I get push back and posters like Diesel and rehawkfan who tell me that I should not expect more from the defense. Diesel even insinuated that Dre dribbling one ball off his leg and an Okugnwu misstep significantly contributed to the loss in the last game.

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

If you want my quote about regardless of how we play defense...

I SAID...  

"  We can't have 36% FG% and expect to beat this team... no matter what kind of defense we're playing.   "

But you can keep taking pieces and parts of statements... I can do that too.

3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

All I'm hear is shooting is the key and when I introduce the concept of playing defense while even come up with a strategy of playing better defense, I get push back and posters like Diesel and rehawkfan who tell me that I should not expect more from the defense. Diesel even insinuated that Dre dribbling one ball off his leg and an Okugnwu misstep significantly contributed to the loss in the last game.

Peo the victim.  Spare me.  You take quotes, twist them around into nonsense that no one actually says and then attribute it to others in an attempt to win an argument that none of us are even having with you.  That's how dumb this is.  

You've still yet to refute or oppose anything that has actually been said in this thread.  

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Diesel even insinuated that Dre dribbling one ball off his leg and an Okugnwu misstep significantly contributed to the loss in the last game.

Damn... man.. You can't read.

I said that turnovers stopped our runs in the 4th quarter. 

• Premium Member

You know @Peoriabird  I was going to drop an illiteracy video to make light of your illiteracy problem.. but then I ran across a video that said that 1 in every 4 adults in San Antonio are illiterate.   It made me sad.   It made me feel bad for making light of such a serious problem.    Ay Yo, if you do need help, there are places out there.  I'll support you PB... One day, I want to see you reading a book to your grandbabies!

• Premium Member

All I know is that when I made the statement that I think hitting shots is a great thing and if the Hawks hit all of their shot, it would be great but we know that is just lunacy because they are even a good shooting team even if they do manage to hit 50% of their shot, they still have to get stops and got push back...just saying

18 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

All I know is that when I made the statement that I think hitting shots is a great thing and if the Hawks hit all of their shot, it would be great but we know that is just lunacy because they are even a good shooting team even if they do manage to hit 50% of their shot, they still have to get stops and got push back...just saying

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47u0ekcvjhmy6y22eybs

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

There's a segment of folks that seem to think the Hawks would be able to trade Trae this offseason but the reality is, there's probably no way Quin comes if he thinks he can't work with Trae and get the improvement he wants to see.  Quin could have had a lot of jobs this summer.  All he had to do was wait.  But instead, he came in order to coach Trae.  He [Trae] is obviously someone that Quin thinks can win at an elite level.  Good to see the coaching starting to pay off.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Those moments won some of the critics over.  Believe what you see. 

That Miami series last year is not the reality.  Listen to KG, Paul Pierce, Arenas, Dwade.  They recognize his game.  Most guys Trae's age don't get their teams in the playoffs three years in a row.   

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

There's a segment of folks that seem to think the Hawks would be able to trade Trae this offseason but the reality is, there's probably no way Quin comes if he thinks he can't work with Trae and get the improvement he wants to see.  Quin could have had a lot of jobs this summer.  All he had to do was wait.  But instead, he came in order to coach Trae.  He [Trae] is obviously someone that Quin thinks can win at an elite level.  Good to see the coaching starting to pay off.  

8 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Those moments won some of the critics over.  Believe what you see. 

That Miami series last year is not the reality.  Listen to KG, Paul Pierce, Arenas, Dwade.  They recognize his game.  Most guys Trae's age don't get their teams in the playoffs three years in a row.   

I said before, Trae still needs development, he is not a finished product - Quin will be good for him as long as he is a willing learner - that seems to be the case over these +/-25 Quin games.