• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Playoff Game Thread: Celtics at Hawks -- GAME 6 (8:30 PM Tip!)

lethalweapon3

8 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

...again Listen to Quin.

It's actually pretty cool to listen to him speak.  He actually gives a lot without giving up a lot, if that makes sense.

I learn a lot from him .... then I come here to hear the real(sic) eggsperts tell me Snyder is a complete and disingenuous liar that wants to flip the whole roster and rebuild.  Ya know, even though he balked at rebuilding in UTA.  Sure.  Of course he'd leave that situation and uproot his family to come rebuild here.  I mean, it makes perfect sense for his first major personnel decision to be getting rid of the team's allstar.  Sure, Sure, Sure....

Did I lay the sarcasm on thick enough or nah? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Stop saying "someone".  You know exactly who said "let it fly."  Speak directly to me if you're going to talk about anything I say. 

At least @NBASupes has the guts to say what he believes, and tags people who he's talking about.  I request that you do the same.

You don't believe in Trae and have never given him credit for much of anything. You go eerily quiet when he plays well, but chirp like a bird at dawn when he plays bad.  And that's OK. That's what you do.

I will always support the kid, seeing that he's easily the best player we've had on this squad since Dominique. And he's even taken his teams further than what Nique did in his career.  At 24 years old, I trust that he will become a better and more consistent player as the years roll on, and solidify his Hall of Fame career even further.

LOL @ no more debate on Hunter and Collins.  Oh there's going to be PLENTY of debate about them between now and the draft.  I'm sure we'll hear from you either way.

1st of all, stop lying about me never giving him credit when he plays well or not thinking much him...Secondly, it is guys like you who are bias and never criticize Young when he plays poorly or never even acknowledge that he should not be taking all of the shots because he has literally the lowest effective field goal % on the team.  It is also people like who are quick to criticize other players for the smallest mistakes during the course of a game while rarely recognizing that others contributed in a positive way.  I can go on and on about fan like you who are only fans of 1 player and not the team and I'm not the only one who has noticed this obvious fact.  So don't lecture to me!  Your biases and motivations are obvious for all to see.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

Its not his cold shooting but rather his shot selection!  The thing that lost the game for Boston down the stretch in game 5 was shot selection i.e they stopped moving the ball.  They made sure that did not happen in this game.  Ball movement is why you have Horford taking big shots down the stretch and not Jaylen Brown.  This is a mature approach to offense down the stretch not what Trae fans want Trae to do which is launch long bombs at critical points in the game.  Its just totally stupid basketball and i don't know why more fans are not disturbed by this immature high schoolish play style

I'm not a fan of iso ball down the stretch and expect Quin to deliver a better system for us that reduces the amount of iso.  (I'm not sure there is a single team that doesn't do material iso in the 4th quarter but we should do much less of it, imo.)

That said, I definitely don't feel like Trae had great shot selection in the first half and terrible shot selection in the second half.  The bigger difference is that he missed more of them in the second half and all of them down the stretch.  I didn't like the drive on Williams late but many of his shots down that close stretch were great looks that didn't drop.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Those floaters in particular are shots we love seeing Trae take.  Some of them went in and out and others missed but those shots are not horrific drives into multiple defenders or anything.  When you see multiple defenders around him it is usually because he had shaken his defender and someone else was scrambling to try to come in to challenge the shot.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, AHF said:

I'm not a fan of iso ball down the stretch and expect Quin to deliver a better system for us that reduces the amount of iso.  (I'm not sure there is a single team that doesn't do material iso in the 4th quarter but we should do much less of it, imo.)

That said, I definitely don't feel like Trae had great shot selection in the first half and terrible shot selection in the second half.  The bigger difference is that he missed more of them in the second half and all of them down the stretch.  I didn't like the drive on Williams late but many of his shots down that close stretch were great looks that didn't drop.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Those floaters in particular are shots we love seeing Trae take.  Some of them went in and out and others missed but those shots are not horrific drives into multiple defenders or anything.  When you see multiple defenders around him it is usually because he had shaken his defender and someone else was scrambling to try to come in to challenge the shot.

The team just can't let whether Trae's shots are falling from the outside determine when and losses period!  He literally is the worst shooter on the team which mean it is the dumbest strategy in all of basketball.  I'm just curious about fan who continue to think that those shot will fall and are shocked and surprised when they don't.  Or the ones who encourage more of that foolish offense.  Trae should be passing to players who shoot better than him 1st and think shot 2nd when he runs out of options.  The Hawks offense would instantly improve if the thought ever crossed his mind that he is the worst shooter on the team

• Sad 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

I do feel like one or more major moves should happen but so don’t have any idea what actually will happen.

I'm thinking Clint's the most vulnerable piece. And I know I'm not alone in that thinking.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Good game and good fight by the team.   Trae was clearly gassed in the 2nd half.  every single shot was off the front rim.

I'd like to see him work on his conditioning and motor in the off season.  It's pretty obvious watching this team that he is responsible for about 95% of anything good that happens on offense.   We need him to be able to dominate the ball for an entire game in order for this team to be successful.

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, shakes said:

Good game and good fight by the team.   Trae was clearly gassed in the 2nd half.  every single shot was off the front rim.

I'd like to see him work on his conditioning and motor in the off season.  It's pretty obvious watching this team that he is responsible for about 95% of anything good that happens on offense.   We need him to be able to dominate the ball for an entire game in order for this team to be successful.

Oh God...Y'all much have missed the 1st half when Trae was out of the game and Murray actually move the ball.  The bench players were all positive because of the ball movement.  But for some reason, this goes unnoticed by 90% of the fan base.  They only have eyes for Young.  Tragic!

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

He literally is the worst shooter on the team which mean it is the dumbest strategy in all of basketball.  

First, let's stipulate that this is the worst shooting season he has had in 4 years.  Second, he literally isn't the worst shooter even this season.  He doesn't have the lowest FG%, he doesn't have the lowest 3pt%, and he doesn't have the lowest ft%.  In terms of overall scoring efficiency, he ranks 10th just above Hunter and just behind AJ.

image.png

Last year he was obviously much higher:

image.png

The proof will be in the pudding when we see what Quin does.  If he takes your advice and never lets Trae shoot because he is "literally the worst shooter on the team" then I'll eat my hat.  I'd say we should do a bet on that but we both know you won't pay up when you lose.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
Just now, Peoriabird said:

Oh God...Y'all much have missed the 1st half when Trae was out of the game and Murray actually move the ball.  The bench players were all positive because of the ball movement.  But for some reason, this goes unnoticed by 90% of the fan base.  They only have eyes for Young.  Tragic!

lol the only first half I saw was the one where Trae literally carried the entire team.   Yes, when he was out the team managed to not give it all back to Boston, but the headline for that half was clearly the heroics of Trae.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, AHF said:

First, let's stipulate that this is the worst shooting season he has had in 4 years.  Second, he literally isn't the worst shooter even this season.  He doesn't have the lowest FG%, he doesn't have the lowest 3pt%, and he doesn't have the lowest ft%.  In terms of overall scoring efficiency, he ranks 10th just above Hunter and just behind AJ.

image.png

Last year he was obviously much higher:

image.png

The proof will be in the pudding when we see what Quin does.  If he takes your advice and never lets Trae shoot because he is "literally the worst shooter on the team" then I'll eat my hat.  I'd say we should do a bet on that but we both know you won't pay up when you lose.

Effective field goal percentage @AHF...We know he can shoot free throw but he can't shoot jumpers!

1 minute ago, shakes said:

lol the only first half I saw was the one where Trae literally carried the entire team.   Yes, when he was out the team managed to not give it all back to Boston, but the headline for that half was clearly the heroics of Trae.

Trae was -...The bench was +  What you are saying makes no sense

I think it is really hard to make the move from a middle of the pack team to a true contender.  Moving on from Nate was the single biggest move in the right direction the team made this season. Other than the coaching upgrade (and I expect that to be more pronounced next season when Quinn can fully implement his packages) the season was a mix of regression (Collins in particular, but also first half Trae), modest player development (OO, AJ, JJ) and some stagnation (Clint, Hunter, etc.).

In my opinion, the Front office has some work to do to take this team to the next level.  It is hard for me to believe the roster as currently constructed is a championship caliber team and so some moves - including trades, are needed (I am not saying a rebuild).  Would be happy to be proven wrong.

I do expect there will be a fair amount of pressure on the front office and coaching staff to win next season - 45+ wins and at least making it to the second round of the playoffs.

4 minutes ago, shakes said:

2 days in a row I've been forced to agree with you.  Let's not make this a habit.

It's maddening that folks think playoff wins/losses hinge on what bench players do.  So a guy's not good enough to start but you want your season to be determined by how he responds in the most pressure-packed moments of the year?  I'm convinced people are just saying words at this point. 

• Like 3

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Effective field goal percentage @AHF...We know he can shoot free throw but he can't shoot jumpers!

HE LITERALLY DOESN'T HAVE THE LOWEST EFG% ON THE TEAM.  

Also, free throws count.  8 of the teams points per game are generated from Trae free throws.  That is highly efficient scoring.  That is 6.5% of our total scoring.  Shouldn't be ignored.  MJ, LeBron, Trae, and many others were much more effective scorers due to their FTs while people like Huerter are much less effective because they don't get to the line.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
Just now, kg01 said:

Do you think they should just bench the starters then?

No I think Trae and the rest of the starter should take note and move the fing ball not some of the time but all of the time.  Why is this so difficult to understand.  I feel like I repeat myself over and over about this ball movement but it continues to confound posters

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, AHF said:

HE LITERALLY DOESN'T HAVE THE LOWEST EFG% ON THE TEAM.  

Also, free throws count.  8 of the teams points per game are generated from Trae free throws.  That is highly efficient scoring.  That is 6.5% of our total scoring.  Shouldn't be ignored.  MJ, LeBron, Trae, and many others were much more effective scorers due to their FTs while people like Huerter are much less effective because they don't get to the line.

No one is saying that he he should stop drawing fouls and going to the free throw line...In fact I encourage more of it!!  What I do discourage are the long shots that he loves to take and miss.  You can't be confused about this still.

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

No I think Trae and the rest of the starter should take note and move the fing ball not some of the time but all of the time.  Why is this so difficult to understand.  I feel like I repeat myself over and over about this ball movement but it continues to confound posters

Are we suggesting teams defend both units the same way? 

• Like 1