• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

7 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

I am no GM or insider, but a framework like this works for all 3 teams. 

fanspo-nba-trade-machine-snap_6-28-2023_5-45-05PM.thumb.png.eb441f0742d655972613a3f1f6406664.png

IF it happens I hope that’s all we are giving up but I think TWolves want something like this.

image.thumb.png.d5e611ace906c8e77a535bd566ef96d2.png

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, shakes said:

at least with Zion the clues weren't nearly as blatant and slapping everyone in the face like they were with Cam.  

I dont disagree the flags were there on Cam.  In fact, they were ..... reddish

(Pause for applause)

But the flags were and are there on Zion too.  Folks just got caught up in the dunx. 

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, JTB said:

IF it happens I hope that’s all we are giving up but I think TWolves want something like this.

image.thumb.png.d5e611ace906c8e77a535bd566ef96d2.png

Again, why would they want OO, with Gobert and Naz Reid there? They just paid Reid, and Gobert makes 40 million...

Edited by terrell
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

I doubt they want OO. He's a Center, and they already have Gobert and just resigned Naz Reid. 

6 minutes ago, terrell said:

Again, why would they want OO, with Gobert and Naz Reid there? They just paid Reid, and Gobert makes 40 million...

I forgot about Reid recent extension. Good point! Unless they see OO as a primary PF.

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Dude, they are not trading KAT unless two and probably three FRPs are coming back. 

If we were going to do this, you could do something like Hunter and CC going out with Houston and Atlanta kicking first round picks to Minnesota with CC going to Houston and Hunter to Minnesota.  You then have a big hole on defense without Hunter but you are looking at something like:

Trae / DM  

DM / Bogi / KB / AJ

AJ / Bey / Bogi

OO / JJ

KAT / OO

You have to get another frontcourt big or two (maybe Bruno is returning but our rookie won't be ready).  

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Getting KAT right now -- while enticing -- is probably very premature.  We need to let Quin work with the roster, develop the young guys AND develop the veterans, where possible.  This next year is largely going to be a reset year, a developmental year, where we lay the foundation for the future.  Trying to craft a roster that can contend in '23-24 is fools gold imo.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, JTB said:

Trae, Murray, KAT

Thats a recipe of top 5 offense in the league but what about defense ??? 

I want KAT but man ….you can’t ignore the defensive side with moves like this.

Pick up a defensive 3 and a defensive 4 in free agency

This is where a Jae Crowder makes perfect sense to add to the team.  Dillon Brooks could possibly be in play as well.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Pick up a defensive 3 and a defensive 4 in free agency

This is where a Jae Crowder makes perfect sense to add to the team.  Dillon Brooks could possibly be in play as well.

Now that I’ve been reminded that Reid has recently extended @AHF I believe has the most realistic scenario if any KAT trade went down assuming minny would want picks back as @GameTime stated.

But I think you bring up a great point with Crowder and especially Brooks. I believe we’d have some cap space left to sign a defender like Brooks who could jump right in at the 3.

@Watchman i don’t understand your commentary. Under what scenario do we not need veterans? And you’re saying you’d rather overpay unproductive players than let them go if they aren’t contributing to winning?  

And in what world is valuing your own homegrown All-NBA player an overpay, especially compared to attracting someone else’s talent?

I can understand if you don’t have confidence in the FO to make the right choices, but you can’t argue against the logic in either the selective investment or the salary dump.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

@Sothron How far can Trae, KAT and DM go next year in your opinion.

Round 2? Eastern finals? NBA finals?

If health is not an issue and the rest of the team plays to what it should I can see that trio going to and winning a Finals. The coaching is there, the talent would be there and hopefully the supporting cast would be there as well.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
20 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I live in the Houston Area specifically in the same area as Harden and I haven't heard anything to make me think James isn't coming to HOU. I heard that Philly wants him back but I know people close to him as we stay in the same part of town strongly claim he's coming back (home). Maybe he doesn't but I believe he will.

Thoughts?

Rockets out of the running for James Harden?

i_b7_60_ac_james-harden.png?w=190

• Like 1