2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

49 minutes ago, kg01 said:

It's amazing someone has to post this literally every year.

That said, how many MVP's you thinkin' for Gueye?  4, 5?  7?  Ah, now you're reaching, marqo. 

🤓

It does need to be said every year, but in another sense it doesn't need to be posted every five comments either.  

Average guy: Bufkin did not look good, but Gueye looked awesome.

Summer League Hall Monitor:  Technically you aren't allowed to comment on any player or game because no meaningful conclusion is possible. ....something about Dion Glover yada yada Tim Duncan.  ***So now everyone is only allowed to say nothing except that you can't take summer league seriously for the next week.  

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

From the Wolves point of view this is a bad trade. If it's this obvious, then it's a head scratcher and I put it in the category of fan fiction. Mavs would love this and Hawks would love this but the seller is the one that has to be convinced and that typically is fan fiction.

I mean it’s not great like the Gobert or Mitchel trade was for Utah last summer but teams aren’t making that mistake again. And compound that with KAT’s contract and this might be the best they can do to get out of cap hell.

Some cap relief, 2 young promising players, and 2 FRP’s.

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, AHF said:

Any big take from a summer league deserves little more than an eye roll and moving right past it.  Summer league games are loosely organized exhibitions largely against players who won’t be getting minutes in the NBA next year.  Enjoy it for the organized scrimmage that it is and look for our coaches to work on our guys on a few things.  (Anything being worked on is more planting seeds than harvesting fruits.)

Eggzackly.

I'm more concerned with the fouls than any scoring aspect. 

Guys like Bufkin has to get used to the speed of the game and this is a great start to have them scrimmage against others in their same range. 

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

I mean it’s not great like the Gobert or Mitchel trade was for Utah last summer but teams aren’t making that mistake again. And compound that with KAT’s contract and this might be the best they can do to get out of cap hell.

Some cap relief, 2 young promising players, and 2 FRP’s.

I don't see Mavs giving up 2 shooters in THJr and Green for all non shooters. Mathews instead of Bruno/Vit on the flip side isn't Minny good on guards/wings?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I don't see Mavs giving up 2 shooters in THJr and Green for all non shooters. Mathews instead of Bruno/Vit on the flip side isn't Minny good on guards/wings?

I agree with subbing Mathews for Vit. I wasn’t too concerned about the fillers when I threw this together. 

30 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Correct, but he's the win-now play which is what we should be doing.

I never suggested we don’t win now.  Attempting to win now does not have to handicap your future.  Dallas should be giving up the pick. If I were Minnesota’s GM, I’d take that deal and run. 

1 minute ago, Hawkish said:

I never suggested we don’t win now.  Attempting to win now does not have to handicap your future.  Dallas should be giving up the pick. If I were Minnesota’s GM, I’d take that deal and run. 

Losing AJ, JJ, and OO would be handicapping our future. I don't consider losing Bey and a couple firsts that will be in the twenties handicapping our future.

• Like 2

Anyone else notice this?   Our “bigs” in this game were a combined 9 of 17 on three point shots.  When they set a pick, they were setting up behind the arc and not rolling to the hoop.  Could be a good indicator of what they are going to ask out of their fours and fives on offense.  5 out motion offense!!

• Like 2

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Anyone else notice this?   Our “bigs” in this game were a combined 9 of 17 on three point shots.  When they set a pick, they were setting up behind the arc and not rolling to the hoop.  Could be a good indicator of what they are going to ask out of their fours and fives on offense.  5 out motion offense!!

Yes, this wasn't a pick and roll going to the rim, but pick and float to the 3pt line.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
28 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Yep, expect to see a lot more ball swinging from side to side around the perimeter and guys attacking closeouts.  Biggest question mark for me is how Trae adapts, because he hasn't really showed us any ability to move well without the ball.  I'd like to see him setting some screens as well off ball.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Kinda think we should slow play the Towns talk until after the Jaylen B stuff is resolved.  I really tthink Loston could be having cold feet on the supermax. 

Boston won't pay the supermax. 

I just don't see it.

Kinda think we should slow play the Towns talk until after the Jaylen B stuff is resolved.  I really tthink Loston could be having cold feet on the supermax. 

But what would your makeup of a team with Jaylen B look like?

12 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Yep, expect to see a lot more ball swinging from side to side around the perimeter and guys attacking closeouts.  Biggest question mark for me is how Trae adapts, because he hasn't really showed us any ability to move well without the ball.  I'd like to see him setting some screens as well off ball.

Question:  Who on our team moves well without the ball, and why?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Boston won't pay the supermax. 

I just don't see it.

But what would your makeup of a team with Jaylen B look like?

I on't know.  My name ain't Kyle, so it ain't up to me.

:Korver: Heh.. heh ... I'm not the GM, kg. Heh-heh.  What's that, Landry?  Yes, I do want cream in my coffee, thanks.

• Premium Member
30 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Question:  Who on our team moves well without the ball, and why?

No one moves particularly well without the ball on our team, but Trae hasn't moved at all, so he has much further to go.  It will be a big test for him this season