• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

KG was an absolute beast on defense.

@kg01 what the hell is going on here. I am agreeing with bleach left and right. :aaa:

KG was a beast. I hated that dude, on the C’s, after retirement though he seems like a really chill laid back dude 😂 like our own kg.

• Like 2

I wasn't running away from this discussion, I just had to let my phone recharge. I'm an Hawks fan first and foremost and if we get KAT I will root for him like no other. My point was simple: Is it wise and in our best interest to acquire a player who has had a major injury history for $295 - 300 million dollars left on his contract? 

PS: Those players who might become available before and during the season and/or at the trade deadline IMO are.

Giannis, Embiid, KAT, and Lavine. 

KAT has been a ok defender at C untill Gobert arrived. I think with OO he Will be ok at defense.

I believe what has been said on this forum about the KAT trade but I think is going to be extremely difficult to get It done. I think KAT would be a fantastic addition to the team but if we need a third team most likely is not going to be done.

What worries me a lot is if we don't make a trade to add a 3rd star that seems to be our main priority we really have a problem with the roster as is today and I see no options to solve It. There are no players available on FA, we have no starting PF and our C rotation is a mess as we don't have size and shooting on the Frontcourt. No way we can pass 1st rd with this team, we are going to be bullied inside.

• Premium Member

Revisiting Jaylen Brown....

I was looking at an article on JB's extension.  And on the page was a video proposal.   It proposed CC for DWhite.  I thought about it for a second.   IF the Celtics are in need of another big...(Supposedly RWIII is injured) and CC would fit in well with them because they need a Rebounder/Defender...  

And Since I feel that Boston doesn't want to supermax JB...  then why not sweeten the pot and trade for JB?

image.png

12 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I was looking at an article on JB's extension.  And on the page was a video proposal.   It proposed CC for DWhite.  I thought about it for a second.   IF the Celtics are in need of another big...(Supposedly RWIII is injured) and CC would fit in well with them because they need a Rebounder/Defender...  

And Since I feel that Boston doesn't want to supermax JB...  then why not sweeten the pot and trade for JB?

image.png

Celtics will get a very good package for JB since he is young, All NBA and ready for a new extension. That package isn’t nearly good enough.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, Diesel said:

image.png

I would give up all of our younger assets for JB and he's the only Star that I would do that for.    It would mean that either DHunter or Bey would have to play 4 until Gueye is ready.  We could probably pull up some vet PF  like Markieff Morris or somebody for the Vet min to complete our PF rotation.  Or we could give Manek a shot??  Or Querta? 

Consider that future lineup:

Trae, DJ, JB, Gueye, OO. 

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Celtics will get a very good package for JB since he is young, All NBA and ready for a new extension. That package isn’t nearly good enough.

I don't disagree that they will get a good package but if they are not in the Lillard Sweepstakes anymore, what is left out there?

There are not many teams that need a JB and honestly, the ones that do like Charlotte, Orlando, and Detroit can't beat this package. 

I suppose the reason why Boston is still "negotiating" the supermax contract is because they are quietly looking for a package that makes sense for them.   They are not in a place to take 6 FRPs from a young team like the Thunder because Tatum has a window... and their time is now.  There's enough in our package to give them the now and the future. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

Here's an interesting tidbit....

"

Looking at the front court, it was also going to be difficult to see how Williams fit into the roster. He fell out of favor at times amid some struggles last season, and his playoff minutes were inconsistent under C’s coach Joe Mazzulla. Williams had his moments, but there were times where he was ineffective.

After the Celtics picked up Porzingis, the front court got even more crowded. Robert Williams III and Al Horford make up what should be a strong C’s front court next season, with Porzingis being a crucial part of the equation.

The Celtics, importantly, lost a depth option in Grant Williams in case of any injuries. Porzingis and Rob Williams both have their injury-prone histories while Horford just turned 37. So while those three are plenty talented, durability is another question mark over a long regular season and what the C’s hope will be another deep playoff run."

I think you guys are dreaming on JB. Sure I'd love to get him but Celtics seem like they only want to win trades.. Are you really going to be happy with a trade like this? He is literally just starting his superstar career and the Celtics will play a long drawn out bidding war. There are plenty of other teams to throw more picks and better players at them. It wouldn't be hard to just pick a random suitor and package up a comparable deal from a western conference team.

Also, Celtics are in no ay desiring to send him to an eastern conference team with comparable packages. If anything they might sign and trade him for Lillard.

image.thumb.png.78632fd26f38dfbca82f0b749a188e42.png

Edited by theheroatl
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, theheroatl said:

I think you guys are dreaming on JB. Sure I'd love to get him but Celtics seem like they only want to win trades.. Are you really going to be happy with a trade like this?

image.thumb.png.78632fd26f38dfbca82f0b749a188e42.png

Definitely not… I like Brown at the right cost.  We aren’t in a desperate position, so don’t make a desperate offer.  After that trade, we would be worse than the Celtics were this past year while having zero young talent to develop and no 1st rounders.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Hawkish said:

Definitely not… I like Brown at the right cost.  We aren’t in a desperate position, so don’t make a desperate offer.  After that trade, we would be worse than the Celtics were this past year while having zero young talent to develop and no 1st rounders.  

Exactly, the Celtics won't be desperate either to trade an All-NBA talent for a lesser package. We would ABSOLUTELY be out-bidded unless JB pulls a "ONLY ATLANTA". Thankfully Dame already set that precedent.

JB is good but I'm okay with getting any 3rd star as long as the price is right. And if I'm the Hawks, I'm not waiting around for that drama.

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Also, Celtics are in no ay desiring to send him to an eastern conference team with comparable packages. If anything they might sign and trade him for Lillard.

Are you paying attention to superstars in the NBA right now? If they don’t want to play for team A, they won’t.

Dame has been a key part of that franchise for more than a decade. Probably has a nice mansion there, family is probably rooted in that community, and even he’s like get me out of here.

Why would Jaylen Brown want any part of that? He’ll just veto any trade to a team he doesn’t want to be a part of.

11 minutes ago, JTB said:

I believe we can get KAT in a trade. Usually I’m not as optimistic but I can see this one actually happening. There’s just a lot that lines up in our favor for once.

There is no actual speculation anywhere outside of this message board and NBAtwitter fan fiction. 

If Jake Fischer or somebody like that links Atlanta to the Wolves, I'll believe.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JTB said:

I believe we can get KAT in a trade. Usually I’m not as optimistic but I can see this one actually happening. There’s just a lot that lines up in our favor for once.

I agree. DJM taking less and a year early leads me to believe they have a deal in the pipeline. 

• Thanks 3

14 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Are you paying attention to superstars in the NBA right now? If they don’t want to play for team A, they won’t.

Dame has been a key part of that franchise for more than a decade. Probably has a nice mansion there, family is probably rooted in that community, and even he’s like get me out of here.

Why would Jaylen Brown want any part of that? He’ll just veto any trade to a team he doesn’t want to be a part of.

That's true but there are a lot more dynamics than that. If JB signs a supermax today I guess we'll find out. I think he needs to sign today or else stuff starts getting weird.