• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

2 hours ago, KB21 said:

I would take a shot of bourbon every time someone mentions OO at PF, but my liver would never survive it.  Hawks fans just cannot get passed the fact that you do not have to be 7 foot to be an effective center.  

Bam averages 3.1 fouls in 37 mins... OO averages the same in only 23 minutes. Since you compare the two.

It's logical to atleast be skeptical of a 6'9 player starting at center when he averages over 3 fouls per game in 23 minutes. Put him at center for 30 mins without even a legit backup on the roster.

He can improve on that (fouling) obviously. He does need more minutes at center next year if they intend on him playing that position long term. But I don't see him as being ready based on his play last year.

Edited by Plainview1981
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, KB21 said:

I would take a shot of bourbon every time someone mentions OO at PF, but my liver would never survive it.  Hawks fans just cannot get passed the fact that you do not have to be 7 foot to be an effective center.  

I agree with this. 

I also don't believe that OO is the second coming of BAM.  Bam is unique and special.   That's like Harold Minor all over. 

I would give OO time to be himself. He will need a good BU though.  Somebody who could carry the load if needed. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Diesel said:

I also don't believe that OO is the second coming of BAM.  Bam is unique and special.

I'm still a believe tbh.  OO hasn't had a competent development coach since he was drafted.  LP was already checked out and Nate is Nate.  I can see OO being all-defense in a year or two while having a more impactful role on the offensive side as well.  Not calling all-star or anything like that, but I think he will be a championship caliber starter.  He just has really good feel for the game and is impactful beyond the stat sheet.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

I'm still a believe tbh.  OO hasn't had a competent development coach since he was drafted.  LP was already checked out and Nate is Nate.  I can see OO being all-defense in a year or two while having a more impactful role on the offensive side as well.  Not calling all-star or anything like that, but I think he will be a championship caliber starter.  He just has really good feel for the game and is impactful beyond the stat sheet.

The limitations on OO is still limitations.   His development was more hindered by him coming in injured than anything Nate did.  Nate is a good scapegoat for all of our woes... but nah.. not in this case.   OO got plenty of developmental time playing with the big boys.   His lack of development stems from the fact that he came in with limitations (Size, offensive abilities, etc). 

Listen to his draft weaknesses...

"Weaknesses: Must polish his offensive game as he can at times be too reliant upon his physical gifts in order to overpower and outclass opponents at the college level … Often relies on second chance opportunities after missing his first shot … Seems to be a little out of control at times in the paint … Underdeveloped outside shooting acumen will make him easier to stop at the next level initially … Loses track of fundamentals at points and releases hook shots too low … It’s questionable how effective he will be playing as a stretch four due to poor outside shooting making him a one-dimensional offensive player … While it is uncommon, he sometimes gets blown by but makes up for it with blocks from behind; something that may not work with faster, more physical/explosive NBA players … Poor ball-handling impacts limits his ability to create offense as a jump shooter"

Everybody was expecting him to be a PF.   6'9" was small ball Center.  But he doesn't have the skillset offensively to be a PF. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Too many stories about Siakam not wanting to be here.   I don't care if it's just posturing.... makes me definitely not want him.  If he's going to lose the money anyway, why is he still trashing coming to Atlanta?  It feels like he doesn't want to be here.  We don't want to waste good players on him and then be forced to offer him more than he's worth. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Sothron said:

I did get an update but I'm waiting to hear from the other insiders before I comment further.

Same I’m waiting for my cohort to wake up. ⏰ @kg01 we spill at the same time or we don’t spill at all.

-The Outsiders

• Haha 3