• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

37 minutes ago, AHF said:

Murray's numbers last year were very similar to All-Stars like Jrue Holiday, DeAaron Fox, and several others.  I fully agree Jokic is the sole superstar on the Nuggets and that the team would be much worse without him.  (As would any team with an MVP level players like him ala the Lakers without LeBron, the Bucks without Giannis, the Warriors without Curry, etc.)

Murray isn't "just a guy."  He is more akin to a Klay Thompson or Jrue Holiday type in terms of impact especially in the playoffs.  That isn't close to Jokic but it also isn't "just a guy."

image.png

I would go a step further in saying that playoff Jamal Murray - he does have two pretty historic playoff runs in him now - is a second MVP caliber player that makes the Nuggets so dangerous (and ultimately successful).  

Regular season Jamal Murray is for sure much more akin to the Hawks Murray.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, AHF said:

Murray's numbers last year were very similar to All-Stars like Jrue Holiday, DeAaron Fox, and several others.  I fully agree Jokic is the sole superstar on the Nuggets and that the team would be much worse without him.  (As would any team with an MVP level players like him ala the Lakers without LeBron, the Bucks without Giannis, the Warriors without Curry, etc.)

Murray isn't "just a guy."  He is more akin to a Klay Thompson or Jrue Holiday type in terms of impact especially in the playoffs.  That isn't close to Jokic but it also isn't "just a guy."

image.png

You usually don't use raw stats...You usually use advanced metrics.  Where are they?

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

And one big difference is Jamal is a much better shooter from long range.   20 playoff games and this is what their starters did from 3.  And this is with MPJ being the worst one.

image.png

Give Trae a starting lineup where everyone is 38%+ and we're killing some folks. 

Was curious about the numbers on this so I looked it up.

We would have made ~60 more 3PA last year for another 180 points.  +2.2 to our net rating.  This would have us around ~10th in the league, ~6th in the East.  From 7th seed to 6th seed.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, thecampster said:

I'll update whenever I have something solid. You guys can ask, but I always bring something when I know something.  I don't have anything to share at this time.

This illustrates everything that's wrong with BSPN and all of sports media.

They may not have anything but they just keep yakkin'.  Just keep fillin' the ether with noise and nonsense 'cause they got no choice.  Gotta keep feeding the beast instead of having the integrity to just say, "look folks, there ain't nothing ta say rn".

Good on you, campst.  I will now consider taking back the horrible things I say about you behind your back.  And will commence working on the next outsiders update(sic).  We're not bound by fading concepts like 'truth' and 'reality'.. 🤓

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, GameTime said:

Agreed. Any updates @Sothron @NBASupes @thecampster

or is September the month?

I haven't heard anything. My guess is we're in the who is going to blink first stage of negotiations. The Hawks don't have to make a trade. We have enough young talent and minutes available to give to them.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
17 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

You usually don't use raw stats...You usually use advanced metrics.  Where are they?

His advanced playoff stats absolutely crush his All-Star comparators:

Jamal Murray

image.png

Jrue Holiday

image.png

DeAaron Fox

image.png

Tyrese Haliburton

th?id=OIP.JPAn0iq7RlQLdc8-RuxAkwHaE8&pid

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, warcore said:

We can't bring Siakam in... Trae is the captain no matter what Siakam says. 

Ya, I agree but I think Trae wants Siakam, he knows how good he is and the way he can compliment our offense AND defense. 

Oh, and Siakam can hit the 3 with relative ease so don’t worry about spreading the court, we good.

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Ya, I agree but I think Trae wants Siakam, he knows how good he is and the way he can compliment our offense AND defense. 

Oh, and Siakam can hit the 3 with relative ease so don’t worry about spreading the court, we good.

(Oh man.  I hope squd doesn't see my latest outsiders update.)

embarrassed1.gif

Nobody tell 'im. 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, thecampster said:

Small update:

The social media stuff / Grant Shirley leak with Clint Capela is because Dallas has pivoted to trying to find a 3rd team to facilitate a deal with Atlanta.  Dallas willing to slightly overpay.  Nothing imminent as of yesterday. This leads me to believe, the Siakam stuff is dead. Dallas trying to avoid this dragging on till Atlanta has more options in September.

What would you consider a slight overpay?