John Collins Traded - Fare thee well!

JayBirdHawk

1 minute ago, KB21 said:

So, basically we let a good young player's value erode due to piss poor coaching under Lloyd and Nate, and didn't give that young player a chance to improve his value now that a real head coach with a real system is in place.  

Exactly. Should’ve waited until at least the trade deadline to build a little more value. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

Brian Windhorst on his pod that released today said "I dont want to get aggregated but this player is going to get traded and there is a 4 out there that I have heard that they are interest in who could get traded". This was about the Utah jazz... for the person on here that said windy doesn't know anything... he knows a lot

He definitely is tapped into the Jazz FO. Remember the finger pointing to the sky was about the Jazz. He is pivoting from LBJ to Jazz guru.

Edited by theheroatl

• Moderators
1 minute ago, KB21 said:

So, basically we let a good young player's value erode due to piss poor coaching under Lloyd and Nate, and didn't give that young player a chance to improve his value now that a real head coach with a real system is in place.  

I think JC's value was cratered by his finger last year.  Shooting under 30% from range for most of the season was super brutal for a guy who was deployed primarily as a stretch big on offense.

This puts a ton of pressure on JJ to be healthy going forward.  There is some risk there given his history.  If we change nothing on the roster, I'm expecting Bey to be a starter next year.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

Brian Windhorst on his pod that released today said "I dont want to get aggregated but this player is going to get traded and there is a 4 out there that I have heard that they are interest in who could get traded". This was about the Utah jazz... for the person on here that said windy doesn't know anything... he knows a lot

For the record, I didn’t say Windy doesn’t know anything. 
It was a joke, about posting a Windy tweet on the insider’s thread. 
Damn. Where’s the sarcasm font when you need it. 

• Haha 2

Just now, Sothron said:

As things stand right now unless we make a trade with Capela for a big name

Ya cap’s gone for sure. The roster is unbalanced. We need someone for him and someone better than Rudy Gay.

Who by the way, is one of my all time “I hope he’s never a Hawk” guys. 

• Like 2

Just now, Sothron said:

This was a straight salary dump. One of my Hawks sources is pretty, um, upset is a mild way to put it.

This could open us up to taking on another big salary with a Capela trade but right now this was just a pure salary dump.

As things stand right now unless we make a trade with Capela for a big name we should be upset as Hawks fans. We are flat out a worse team now than we were yesterday. We got back nothing for a guy that already has a 20/10 season on excellent shooting and is only 25 years old. Shameful.

That man stinks bruh. Jalen johnson as a starter will be way better than him in year 1 than collins ever was since we started winning. We needed to get rid of money to give bey oneyka and possible DJ extensions anyways and this allows us to do it without losing an additional asset

Just now, Mikey said:

That man stinks bruh. Jalen johnson as a starter will be way better than him in year 1 than collins ever was since we started winning. We needed to get rid of money to give bey oneyka and possible DJ extensions anyways and this allows us to do it without losing an additional asset

Possibly but Bey is actually the best fit then again, this is likely not the last move the Hawks make this offseason 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sothron said:

This was a straight salary dump. One of my Hawks sources is pretty, um, upset is a mild way to put it.

This could open us up to taking on another big salary with a Capela trade but right now this was just a pure salary dump.

As things stand right now unless we make a trade with Capela for a big name we should be upset as Hawks fans. We are flat out a worse team now than we were yesterday. We got back nothing for a guy that already has a 20/10 season on excellent shooting and is only 25 years old. Shameful.

Really... What a take.. We've seen JC hit or miss for years now. It's not gonna happen. This deal is 2 years too late.

JC turned into a negative asset as soon as he signed that contract.

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Windy is one of the best and most insightful. People just crap on him because he's overweight. 

• Confused 1

Just now, bleachkit said:

We had solid offers in previous years, but management wouldn't let Schlenk make the deal. 

Yep but the deals were underwhelming considering his stats at that time. Now, his stats have declined and so have the offers