• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

John Collins Traded - Fare thee well!

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Mikey said:

That man stinks bruh. Jalen johnson as a starter will be way better than him in year 1 than collins ever was since we started winning. We needed to get rid of money to give bey oneyka and possible DJ extensions anyways and this allows us to do it without losing an additional asset

I honestly want them to start JJ at the 4 and see what he can do. 

I think this opens up for that new TPE to be used to take on a front court player. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Possibly but Bey is actually the best fit then again, this is likely not the last move the Hawks make this offseason 

Aye man whoever it is im all for it. Bey would certainly give the shooting that Quin is looking for at the forward spot. though as roster currently stands they are a small starting group.

• Thanks 1

Just now, cam1218 said:

I'll let the offseason play out, but this is definitely a disappointing start. Best of luck to you, JC! Good player but even a better person. 

I'm not disappointed. I'm relieved. We've been trying to get to this point for a while now. Nobody really knew his market value but this is a classic case of letting an asset decline in value.

• Like 3

Man…… I was just in the drive thru at Chik Fil A listening to 92.9 and I thought I heard them say John Collins traded for Rudy Gobert!

I straight up told some young fan the wrong trade, he’s gone be mad when he gets off work today lol

Anywho, love JC. I always wanted Rudy Gay but like, 6 years ago.

We all know what this is, and it sucks from a value standpoint. But from a roster building perspective, JJ and Bey are good enough to offset JC’s impact. We all knew the youngsters were due to step in to bigger roles next season. JJ is about to make his name.

Gay provides needed veteran leadership (if we keep him). He has the size and skill that is useful.

If we keep Gay or use him in another trade, I am okay with this. If we cut him a la Harkless last year, I will be disappointed.

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

I'm not disappointed. I'm relieved. We've been trying to get to this point for a while now. Nobody really knew his market value but this is a classic case of letting an asset decline in value.

In that sense, I can agree (while still being disappointed) that we won't be hearing John Collins trade rumors all year long. 

• Premium Member
Just now, theheroatl said:

What experiment would you like instead? Nobody is trading superstars these days. This is a bad take.

I'm assuming Hawks fans don't ready think its a good idea to pay that backcourt over 70 mil perseason

It needed to be done.

John may flourish out there but he will be playing with a stretch big. We didn't have that.

The minutes opening up is big. We aren't forced to start him due to salary anymore

We got options now. MLE is available. Potentially better shooting in our lineup is music to my ears

• Like 3