• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

John Collins Traded - Fare thee well!

JayBirdHawk

I didn't...I did a dumb.

5 minutes ago, AHF said:

It is totally fair to say that we need to see the full offseason before judging.  But I think to marry these two posts the activity going forward needs to include something that really moves the needle and not just minor moves to finish off the roster if people are going to feel differently about this deal.

Like getting rid of salary in order to land Dikembe Mutombo felt great.  Getting rid of Huerter for Justin Holiday and extras felt pretty terrible.

I don't actually see the exceptions if you posted them.

Collins.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
24 minutes ago, skimaskway23 said:

It needed to be done.

John may flourish out there but he will be playing with a stretch big. We didn't have that.

The minutes opening up is big. We aren't forced to start him due to salary anymore

We got options now. MLE is available. Potentially better shooting in our lineup is music to my ears

I mean, did it need to be done without us getting virtually anything of value in return? Can we even cut Gay?

• Moderators
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

And I get that you don't get rich by wasting money and all that.  But, once you ARE rich, f****ng act like it when you can.  You cannot be a sports team owner and worry about pinching pennies on player salary.  Just sell, recoup your fabulous return on the investment, and let somebody come in who actually wants to win....

Actually, I spelled that wrong.  It's let somebody come in who recognizes how exponentially larger the return is if you win.

Out here patting himself on the back for saving tens of millions but ignoring that cheapness could be costing him hundreds of millions.  Smh 

That raises an interesting question for me.  How much exponentially bigger if the return if you win?  Like if Denver sold their franchise how much would their winning over the last few years really raise the sale price at the end of the day?  I'm not sure it does as much as the base value of being an NBA team and the city  you are in.  I'd be interested to see if there is any data on that.

This is one of the worst trades I have seen. Salary dump for a top 15 PF with 25 years old that we have turn into a low level player putting hin contantly on the market. Worst mover by the Hawks that I can remember, absolutely terrible.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, AHF said:

That is definitely a big exception.  Being able to add $25M in salary gives you some real flexibility -- if you are actually interested in doing that.

If indeed. It's hard to read this organization right now. They can just as easily sign an emergency big and say it was their plan to start JJ all along while conveniently pocketing the remaining $$$.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
24 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Is this insider info or your opinion? Might want to indicate that from now on because I'm receiving this as intertwined.

Which part? the two trades Ressler vetoed were insider information. 

• Moderators
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Oh AH.  If you think they created that space just to up and spend it again, I got some beachfront property in Kansas to sell.  I'll give you the Squawk discount. 

That is why I said "if."  But it is a big exception for sure.  We could add a $10M deal, for example, and still have saved $15M this year and there are plenty of productive $10M players.  

I have no expectations they actually will use that space but I'm saying they could prove me wrong and have the resources to do some pretty things given that exception.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AHF said:

That is why I said "if."  But it is a big exception for sure.  We could add a $10M deal, for example, and still have saved $15M this year and there are plenty of productive $10M players.  

I have no expectations they actually will use that space but I'm saying they could prove me wrong and have the resources to do some pretty things given that exception.

Don't give them any ideas.

But, on another note since I see how trusting you are now, if you send me $5,000 to pay the customs fees, I'll wire $500,000 to you since ... I'm a royal Prince. 😏

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Atlantaholic said:

Lol, nah fam. Gay is COOKED af. Can't blame him he's been in the league 17 freaking years. Any G league bum we bring in is an upgrade. 

To put another way... if we HAVE to keep Gay as a result of this trade it's essentially us wasting a roster spot, on top of losing Collins. 

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Atlantaholic said:

Lol, nah fam. Gay is COOKED af. Can't blame him he's been in the league 17 freaking years. Any G league bum we bring in is an upgrade. 

I'm expecting Vince Carter in Atlanta type impact on the floor.

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Don't give them any ideas.

But, on another note since I see how trusting you are now, if you send me $5,000 to pay the customs fees, I'll wire $500,000 to you since ... I'm a royal Prince. 😏

Fresh Prince Thrown Out GIF - Fresh Prince Thrown Out Will - Discover &  Share GIFs

• Haha 3