• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

John Collins Traded - Fare thee well!

JayBirdHawk

16 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We're Waiting:

Watch a trade happens as our summer league game is going on against the Kings. I think I’ve seen that before where a team trades for a player of significance during the game and they talk all about it. 🙏🏿 please.

• Like 1

Lance Stephenson, Wesley Iwundu, Taurean Prince, Cam Reddish, Evan Turner, Jabari Parker, Dennis Schröder, Jeff Teague, Rajon Rondo, Lou Will, Allen Crabbe, Damien Lee, Vince Carter, Frank Kaminsky, Jeremy Lin, Vince Carter.... What do they all have in common? 

Just a few of the 83 players JC has played with since he's been a Hawk. If I seen my place of work have that much of a turnaround. Especially a place where teamwork is crucial I'd look at that particular business a little side ways as well.

I definitely understand we've been doing what we had to do which was putting pieces together that worked and made/makes sense.

I hope that it works out for both sides which I'm almost sure it will with Huerter being a good example. Farewell JC appreciate your time here and do your thing. Glad we sent him to the West. I don't want to see JC dunking on our heads and afflicting revenge 4 games a season lol.

• Thanks 2

13 hours ago, sillent said:

Lance Stephenson, Wesley Iwundu, Taurean Prince, Cam Reddish, Evan Turner, Jabari Parker, Dennis Schröder, Jeff Teague, Rajon Rondo, Lou Will, Allen Crabbe, Damien Lee, Vince Carter, Frank Kaminsky, Jeremy Lin, Vince Carter.... What do they all have in common? 

Just a few of the 83 players JC has played with since he's been a Hawk. If I seen my place of work have that much of a turnaround. Especially a place where teamwork is crucial I'd look at that particular business a little side ways as well.

I definitely understand we've been doing what we had to do which was putting pieces together that worked and made/makes sense.

I hope that it works out for both sides which I'm almost sure it will with Huerter being a good example. Farewell JC appreciate your time here and do your thing. Glad we sent him to the West. I don't want to see JC dunking on our heads and afflicting revenge 4 games a season lol.

https://basketball.realgm.com/player/John-Collins/Teammates/83940

4 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Definitely one of the better Hawks in the last 30 years. Like Koncak, got massively overpaid

That's quite an overstatement.  Koncak had one good playoff series averaging around 12 ppg and 9 rpg.  He never approached that level of performance again.

Collins had two 20/10 (or one 20/10 and one just short of 20/10) seasons.  His game suffered when the Hawks brought in Capela (whose game interfered with any player who played a game near the basket.)  

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, MarylandHawk said:

I will miss John.  He was definitely a great Hawk. I wish him well. 

Ditto. 

We did him wrong.   I hope that Utah does him right. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Watchman said:

That's quite an overstatement.  Koncak had one good playoff series averaging around 12 ppg and 9 rpg.  He never approached that level of performance again.

Collins had two 20/10 (or one 20/10 and one just short of 20/10) seasons.  His game suffered when the Hawks brought in Capela (whose game interfered with any player who played a game near the basket.)  

That contract was super ass. His lite verison of himself is only getting minimum offers right now. JC is a full MLE player right now at best. Worst f***ing contract. At least Koncak was a center in the early 90s where they were all overpaid.

Thanks for all the fun memories JC. I hope Utah let's you pick and roll like the old days. I also hope you keep putting people on posters, as long as it's not us.😄

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, TheBigETrain said:

Not an ideal trade for Collins to get his game back on. He is not starting ahead of Markkanen. So he has to adapt to a bench role.

I think it will be Olynyk, who comes off the bench now, not Collins.

5 hours ago, NBASupes said:

That contract was super ass. His lite verison of himself is only getting minimum offers right now. JC is a full MLE player right now at best. Worst f***ing contract. At least Koncak was a center in the early 90s where they were all overpaid.

If Trae, KAT and Siakam are worth $50 million per year, it is easy to justify Collins making $25 million.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Watchman said:

If Trae, KAT and Siakam are worth $50 million per year, it is easy to justify Collins making $25 million.

No. He's the most useless prototype in the NBA. Only Hawksquawk.net will try to justify it. 

20 hours ago, Watchman said:

That's the thinking that trips people up.  In this world only prime Lebron, Curry, and Jokic are worth a max.  Collins averaged 13 and 8, which you can find a ton of guys who can do that.  There's no replacement for the other guys on your list unless you are talking MVP candidates.  

Every team has like $170M to spend.  The very top 30-40 guys are special and unique.  The guys in Collins class you can find close to equivalent value on rookie contracts and MLEs.  

On 7/8/2023 at 6:35 PM, NBASupes said:

He got paid more than Dominique Wilkins and Moses Malone.  That should have never happened, especially just based on a playoff series.   Malone was a center BTW.  I will be stunned if JC's production doesn't improve markedly playing for a team that will use him properly.  I wish he had a chance to play under Snyder's coaching systems before we gave him away for nothing.  I'll be shocked if the TPE ever gets used in full, as ownership just isn't going to pay the luxury tax.

• Like 1