• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Hornets (7 PM EST) -- The Season Opener!

lethalweapon3

52 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Also besides DJM (who isn’t going anywhere) it was notable that Dre and Capela had the worst +/-.

For as much as we think they are good defenders, they were on the floor much of the time we were getting boat raced in the 4th.

It might be good for us to tank a few games so we can flip these guys now.

I want to see OO and JJ and Bey get more minutes.

Overreaction post after calling out overraction

Edited by NBASupes
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
41 minutes ago, kg01 said:

There was a moment where it looked like Bey was in his way or maybe was in the wrong spot offensively.  Hunter basically stopped and seemed to spread is arms like 'dude whatchu doin?'  Did I imagine that?  Just struck me as terrible body language in the middle of a nip and tuck game.  He just stopped to complain as we had the ball.  Maybe Bey was in the wrong spot but atleast he played with effort the whole game.

I will have to look back at that. I know @thecampster mentioned Hunter didn't dap him when he subbed in for him.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Quin S. has his work cut out for him. This feels like a .500 team. 

Then you fit right in since you're a .500 poster. 🤓. Cmon bleachk, laugh.  It was funny.

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I will have to look back at that. I know @thecampster mentioned Hunter didn't dap him when he subbed in for him.

I definitely don't dap @thecampster when I see him so I know that's an issue. 😏

I think it was in the 4th, relatively late.  It seemed like a strange sequence to me, that's why it stood out.  Hope I just saw it wrong.  Otherwise, we may have a problem.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BangHolman said:

Our guards and team aren't going to shoot that bad all season. If we shoot a measly 25% from 3, that's a win. Instead it's a frustrating loss, but it's really not the end of the world some are making it out to be with overreactions. 

It's easy to ID folks that have pre-takes.  They feel how they feel and nothings gonna change it.  They just wait for a loss then fill in the blanks.  I really don't understand why they're here. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It's crazy when I am after the last two seasons of my actions which were mostly negative, that I am most level headed person here at this moment.

I felt we played decently.

We defended well for the most part. Struggled in spurts. 

Forced tough shots

Hands in the passing and shooting lanes, although not as much as I would prefer, better than last year by a mile just not as good as it the preseason.

We are going to miss JC BBIQ, movement abilities, understanding of the offense and his defensive positioning. While he clearly didn't fit and while Bey and JJ do, he does things at a superior level to them that goes unnoticed by the common fan's eye. That will be missed.

We shot horrendously. Most of that was quality in rhythm looks. Some was good defense like taking away our Bread and butter which was the 1/5 PnR. The only time it was effective was when Richards was in the game and even he did a good job of coverages. Salute to Clifford, he does have some good defensive schemes. 

We gotta stick to the new scheme. It works. Believe in it. It will take time. Old habits are hard to break. 

I saw good from everyone tonight. I really liked what I saw from JJ. Definitely continuing his great play from the preseason. Nothing really bad to say overall. We just gotta trust the new scheme, in particular Trae and he knows that. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 4

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

It's crazy when I am after the last two seasons of my actions which were mostly negative, that I am most level headed person here at this moment.

Forced touch shots

Hands in the passing and shooting lanes, although not as much as I would prefer, better than last year by a mile just not as good as it the preseason.

We are going to miss JC BBIQ, movement abilities, understanding of the offense and his defensive positioning. While he clearly didn't fit and while Bey and JJ do, he does things at a superior level to them that goes unnoticed by the common fan's eye. That will be missed.

We shot horrendously. Most of that was quality in rhythm looks. Some was good defense like taking away our Bread and butter which was the 1/5 PnR. The only time it was effective was when Richards was in the game and even he did a good job of coverages. Salute to Clifford, he does have some good defensive schemes. 

We gotta stick to the new scheme. It works. Believe in it. It will take time. Old habits are hard to break. 

I saw good from everyone tonight. I really liked what I saw from JJ. Definitely continuing his great play from the preseason. Nothing really bad to say overall. We just gotta trust the new scheme, in particular Trae and he knows that. 

As a famous Hawk once said 'this (stuff) works' (just got to make the shots)

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Charlotte didn't make us miss all those shots.  We got great looks and still missed.  Basically Hawks played really well but the whole team couldn't make an open shot.  Sucks especially in the opener but we looked good out there. 

The biggest take away to me is JJ looked great.  It really is all about him.   Bey is going to continue to be Bey.  Hunter may be marginally better.  OO could be a little better than last year but the only one who is going to push this team to elite status is JJ.  If he plays like this every night he'll quickly be the #2 on this team.  

Yea if everyone was hitting their averages we would have blown them out, but Charlotte gives us fits even when they have a horrible record.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

There was one play Hunter was confused and raised his arms like somebody was doing something wrong on offense and it wasn’t him: at least that’s what his body language was screaming.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Forced tough shots

Ngl, I agree here.  Kg and supes on the same page?  Whew, should we all be afraid?  I know I am. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

By the way, regarding Lamelo, he reminds me of CARmelo. It’s all swag and he not his team will ever win a ring. He plays playground ball which is ok but he took so many bad shots that NBA players know they shouldn’t take. That one airball was waaaayyy off. 

Deapite Trae’s shooting woes last night I’d take Trae 💯 times over Ball.

• Like 4

Just now, Spud2nique said:

By the way, regarding Lamelo, he reminds me of CARmelo. It’s all swag and he not his team will ever win a ring. He plays playground ball which is ok but he took so many bad shots that NBA players know they shouldn’t take. That one airball was waaaayyy off. 

Deapite Trae’s shooting woes last night I’d take Trae 💯 times over Ball.

He's worse.  Atleast Melo led a team to the playoffs.  Lamelo seems disconnected out there.  If we didn't contribute to our own demise, he would've led us to a W. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

He also fouls too much tho.  That's the only issue with him being put into capela's place. 

Yup for sure he’s gotta work on keeping the personals down. He’s ultra aggressive and bodies people and gets calls against him, plus he’s undersized so he’s gotta compensate there.

@kg01 should my JJ apology come today or is that a marathon thing too?

• Haha 3

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I'm just trying to see where our growth is going to come from. JJ could be a game changer for us. If it's just more of my turn/your turn Trae and DJM, I'm not bullish on that as a winning formula. 

Agree.  Rotations were better under Quin though.  Seemed like Trae and DJ played a lot without each other which is good.  I don't like the taking turns with both on the court.  When Trae is out there he needs to be the playmaker.  

We didn't get much from AJ.  wouldn't mind seeing Patty get a try as the guard off the bench.  

• Like 2