• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Knicks at Hawks -- The Home Opener!

lethalweapon3

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

What kind of usage does Bey have over these first 2 games? Seems JC level low.

And he certainly isn't the above the rim player for easy Trae lobs. Another reason to start JJ. 

It's going to be low for JJ as well if placed with Murray and Trae at the same time starting off. 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

It's going to be low for JJ as well if placed with Murray and Trae at the same time starting off. 

I trust more in JJs ability to do something with the ball other than to just shoot or pass the ball back to Trae if he doesn'thave a clean look. I see easier looks for the rest of the starting lineup. Just provides more offensivel versatility in that unit.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I trust more in JJs ability to do something with the ball other than to just shoot or pass the ball back to Trae if he doesn'thave a clean look. I see easier looks for the rest of the starting lineup. Just provides more offensivel versatility in that unit.  

At some point, he will get his opportunity 

25 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Is Trae someone capable of being created for? I don't know or believe he is. 

Brunson is elite off the ball for a PG. His offensive versatility is elite. 

Why don't you believe that Trae is someone capable of being created for?

We have all talked about getting him more clean catch and shoot opportunities in which the ball, and him are moving to spots to get open.

So now you're telling me that the guy who is traditionally a very good catch and shoot guy, as well as our quickest player on the floor that can get to the rim, isn't worth creating for?

Interesting.

• Thanks 3

Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Why don't you believe that Trae is someone capable of being created for?

We have all talked about getting him more clean catch and shoot opportunities in which the ball, and him are moving to spots to get open.

So now you're telling me that the guy who is traditionally a very good catch and shoot guy, as well as our quickest player on the floor that can get to the rim, isn't worth creating for?

Interesting.

The game film is his biggest critic in regards to that question  

He doesn't have any feel off the ball. It's kinda hard to get someone spot ups like that and he does have elite gravity due to his generational on ball talents. Defenses stick to him like glue. They don't want him on the ball  

His catch and shoots are just the garden variety type. Offensive rebounds, missed assignments, and just being lazy on a possession. His C&S aren't self created and I rarely recall times where it is in general with Trae. 

I didn't say that last part. I didn't say he isn't worth creating for. I said can be created for. The tape says no. 

2 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

HAWKS DID IT AGAIN!

Atlanta missed 6 free throws.  Lost the game by 6 points.

The losing formula:  Hawks played some great defense late in the game.  Six times,without a break, they had the ball and had the opportunity to tie with a 2 or take the lead with a 3.  They failed all 6 times.

Knicks PG had 31 points.  Hawks PG had 18 points.  

At this point of the season Hawks are no better than last year's team.  Still, the future looks bright in spite of all this.  Question:  When do we get to see some of the bench players who haven't played yet?  Perhaps one of them has the key to victory!  We hope!!

🥲

Brunoooooo

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I truly believe we have one of the 10 most talented players in the NBA with Trae. But he's not a good Basketball player. He's solid. He needs to get a lot better. I honestly feel he's a 6th man on a contender based on past experiences. 

That said, his talent is insane, CP3 said he was the most skilled player in the NBA as a rookie playing for Rockets on Rockets TV. 

That said, he has to get a lot better at Basketball. A lot better. I still think Murray is better than him. Quin is working on Basketball with Trae. He's extremely gifted even if physically, he's underwhelming. I believe in Trae but he has to work and understand Basketball. LP tried to teach him but Trae wasn't listening and LP is a terrible teacher. Nate just was like, stick to what works but even he knew this shit wouldn't last long. Quin is trying to build greatness, it will take time.

Players I believe are more talented than Trae

Wemby - Most talented player currently

Bron - Most talented player ever

Giannis 

Jokic

Embiid

Zion

CP3 before he was washed. He's old now. 

Talents right there with Trae: Kyrie, Ja, KAT, Ant, Luka, AD, and Harden before being washed. 

Trae and KAT are worst elite talents in the NBA. Both are just solid basketball players. Melo and Nique probably belong here as well although neither was as talented as KAT or Trae and both were better basketball players. 

Ant is good but he needs to get a lot better or he's going to be John Wall Jr. 

Kyrie and Ja are very good basketball players. 

Luka and Harden are special but neither is elite and some people don't even think they are good. I think they are both excellent ball players. 

To me, someone like Brunson is an elite basketball player but he's an average overall talent similar to a gleague true PG. Average talent PGs in the NBA usually have tremendous size and defensive abilities like Delon Wright.

Average talent true PGs with poor height and tools usually don't make it in or to the NBA much less become stars. Overall, I see Brunson as a top 50 player in the same tier as Murray but Murray is better to me. Murray is a very talented player who's good at Basketball. Pretty damn good. He will never be a #1 who can win you anything but if he's your #2, your #1 elite, you got the role players, you can contend with Murray. 

I don't believe their are two worst elite talents in my time watching the NBA than Trae and KAT. T-Mac wasn't that good of a player but his talent level was probably near the goats to ever play. Clearly more talented than most of the elite talents in today's league. Idk, I gotta think about it. KAT and Trae are in unique company. 

Edited by NBASupes

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, terrell said:

Its an insult to black people thinking we 'd rather have Trae than Luka just because he isnt the same race.. smfh

Ill never get over that trade.. Its like it was yeaterday when I was screaming at my television.. lol

Stop lying about it then...  From Now on... OWN YOUR SHIT.

9 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Stop lying about it then...  From Now on... OWN YOUR SHIT.

Huh? Wheres the lie? I still root for Trae because hes a Hawk. Doesnt mean Im not still pissed about the trade..

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, terrell said:

Robinson.. Another player Schlenk passed on for Hubba Bubba Spellman.. smh

You know I have noticed...

You never talk about Basketball..  You never talk about offensive or defensive schemes.   You merely just spew your vitriol because back in 2018 we traded for Trae or we traded for DJ or we missed out on this draft pick or that draft pick.

Here's a Spoiler... Since you're in 2018...

In Infinity wars, The Hulk has a clash with Thanos...  You won't believe what happens...

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, Bonkers said:

I'm gonna keep quoting this so people know what a steady, efficient PG looks like

Yeah, you can put Chris Paul on your all efficient PG team too.   What does it give you though??

Brunson doesn't get the respect that Trae get because even though he's efficient, his career 14 ppg  4.2 apg average is not impressive. 

BTW Trae Young = 25 ppg, 9.3 apg. 

So while you keep quoting that efficiency.. don't forget 14 & 4... and see how many people are impressed. 

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, shakes said:

The biggest difference between my guy Trae and my guy Jalen is Jalen is a proven winner who only cares about the final score.   We all know what Trae is. 

Actually, the difference is that Jalen has never had to be THE MAN.  He has always been Robin.  He's a great Robin...  But Trae is freakin Batman and has been Batman before there was a Robin. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
37 minutes ago, terrell said:

Huh? Wheres the lie? I still root for Trae because hes a Hawk. Doesnt mean Im not still pissed about the trade..

@terrell you live in that trade.   You show up like all the other haters do and you bash and you bash and you bash... mainly because of the trade.. then when Trae is doing well, you want to come around like you never said anything... just like now.. you say. " I root for Trae"....  NO THE HELL YOU DONT...

YOU DO NOT ROOT FOR TRAE...  YOU FAIRWEATHER TRAE...   You think we don't notice??  That's why between You, Bonkers, and HawksMoor, you are the most offensive.  THEY hate the trade and they hate Trae always but they never become fairweather about it.   It's almost respectable.   When Trae and the Hawks are doing well, they fall back in the shadows and are quiet.   BUT You...  You come around and are like... "HI GUYS... ISN'T TRAE GREAT?"

For 41 games last year, we heard you talk SHIT about how bad Trae Plays and how we ought to trade him for BS players.   Then for 41 games last year, you acted as if Trae was pretty good and that you root for him. 

Either be Hot or be Cold... But be one of them. 

6 minutes ago, Diesel said:

@terrell you live in that trade.   You show up like all the other haters do and you bash and you bash and you bash... mainly because of the trade.. then when Trae is doing well, you want to come around like you never said anything... just like now.. you say. " I root for Trae"....  NO THE HELL YOU DONT...

YOU DO NOT ROOT FOR TRAE...  YOU FAIRWEATHER TRAE...   You think we don't notice??  That's why between You, Bonkers, and HawksMoor, you are the most offensive.  THEY hate the trade and they hate Trae always but they never become fairweather about it.   It's almost respectable.   When Trae and the Hawks are doing well, they fall back in the shadows and are quiet.   BUT You...  You come around and are like... "HI GUYS... ISN'T TRAE GREAT?"

For 41 games last year, we heard you talk SHIT about how bad Trae Plays and how we ought to trade him for BS players.   Then for 41 games last year, you acted as if Trae was pretty good and that you root for him. 

Either be Hot or be Cold... But be one of them. 

Huh? Dude Im still pised about the Nique trade..But I still rooted for Danny because he was a Hawk..... Trae is no different..So only Trae lovers can root for him?  Stop it..You sound stupid..

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
35 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

While we're looking at Flopping by Brunson.

There was a play when DJ was on him... Brunson got the ball and starting the low ducking.  Then he came up and acted like he was hit in the eye by DJ.  DJ was very concerned.  For about a minute and a half Brunson was holding his face...  Then the next play, he jetted off like nothing ever happened. 

Now, they showed the video.  I didn't see DJ's hand get close to his face.. But I couldn't tell.  Was that an act or did he really get hit?

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, terrell said:

Huh? Dude Im still pised about the Nique trade..But I still rooted for Danny... Trae is no different.. Stop it..You sound stupid..

Since at least 2020, you have been fairweather.  

Fair weather fan changes - Imgflip