• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Knicks at Hawks -- The Home Opener!

lethalweapon3

3 hours ago, bleachkit said:

43.6. Ew. Yuck. 

Dame Lillard is similar 43.9.  When you shoot 7 or more 3's a night you're not gonna be in the high 40's, unless you are Steph Curry.  Klay Thompson is 45.5% and all he shoots is open shots created by spacing.  Klay doesn't even have to dribble.  

Trae has no one to feed him open looks.  He does create high percentage shots for others and his TS% is decent because he goes to the line more than almost anyone in the league.

People want Trae to shoot like Steph, have a 5:1 assist to TO ratio, and play better defense.  If Trae actually did the things people wanted he would be the MVP.  

Dame and Trae's numbers are very similar, maybe more than Harden's, in the 58% TS range.  Klay Thompson career TS% is 57.4.  

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Dame Lillard is similar 43.9.  When you shoot 7 or more 3's a night you're not gonna be in the high 40's, unless you are Steph Curry.  Klay Thompson is 45.5% and all he shoots is open shots created by spacing.  Klay doesn't even have to dribble.  

Trae has no one to feed him open looks.  He does create high percentage shots for others and his TS% is decent because he goes to the line more than almost anyone in the league.

People want Trae to shoot like Steph, have a 5:1 assist to TO ratio, and play better defense.  If Trae actually did the things people wanted he would be the MVP.  

Dame and Trae's numbers are very similar, maybe more than Harden's, in the 58% TS range.  Klay Thompson career TS% is 57.4.  

Exactly why Dame is finally where he needs to be, as a number two to a dominant big. I would recommend Trae follow a similar path. High volume 6ft foot guards are not the guys you want as your best player. Everyone knows that, but refuses to admit it out of pride.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, Final_quest said:

Numbers are so similar to Harden's.  

The only other player in NBA History who has done what Trae is doing is James Harden... and Harden should have won 2 MVPs.   Well, Of course, there's also Oscar Robertson but it took Oscar about 5 years to get on Par with Trae in terms of Assists. 

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Final_quest said:

Correct...

I think when it's all said and done, people will have to change their Mount Rushmore of Basketball when it concerns Steph Curry.  While Lebron has all the Longevity Awards and Credit on his mantle... Steph is the one that actually changed the NBA. 

The thing about Dame is I don't think that Dame has every had the playoff success that Trae has had.. but I guess you can say the same about Harden too?  So you make a great point. 

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

I do hope it’s a funk he can get out of.  And his game is similar to Hardens but harden was much more efficient, averaging 62 TS% through his prime on insane volume.  I hope Trae gets there because we’ll be winning a lot of games if he does

You have to remember, In many of his high TS% years, he played with a prime Chris Paul or Westbrook in a D'Antoni System.   When you don't have to be the main PG, things will work better in your shooting.   Plus D'Antoni was a very creative coach.