• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Knicks at Hawks -- The Home Opener!

lethalweapon3

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The biggest difference is Jalen's ability to make reads and plays out of these situations......I trust that. There are options to what he can do once he puts the ball on the floor.

That's an addition of JJ, your not considering the negatives which will effect his impact on the court.

He also is bad at defending 4s in general. This is a lot easier to expose against the starters and with Trae and Murray on the court at the same time. 

I am still on the train for Bey. Even though we see more of the expose than the good right now, it's better than if it was JJ and you would see spacing removed. At least, we are creating at a high rate. JJ creation is nowhere close to Trae's. I value Trae's creation a lot more. 

Edited by NBASupes

14 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Capela is a movement big. Elite screen setter. Elite roller. At that time, Mitchell was working on his range and he was 235 out of college which he didn't play. Mitchell like D. Jordan really excelled in the NBA but they weren't good prospects. 

Mitchell was projected 1st rdr before off the court BS..

Edited by terrell

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Talent wise but he was always someone projected in the 2nd round. Too many issues, he was also light. 

I remember seeing him as high as 15 on some boards..

And isnt the draft based on talent?

Trae had alot of issues at OKLahoma and it didnt stop us from trading one of the best prospects ever for him..

Just now, terrell said:

I remember seeing him as high as 15 on some boards..

And isnt the draft based on talent?

Trae had alot of issues at OKLahoma and it didnt stop us from trading one of the best prospects ever for him..

You doing the most now. We can't reverse the trade. It sucked and we lost but we gotta just adjust and make do. 

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

You doing the most now. We can't reverse the trade. It sucked and we lost but we gotta just adjust and make do. 

Im just saying that based on your "talent" response..

Trae is talented as hell offensively but he had red flags elsewhere.

No different than Robinson.

Edited by terrell

25 minutes ago, terrell said:

Im just saying that based on your "talent" response..

Trae is talented as hell offensively but he had red flags elsewhere.

No different than Robinson.

There was a massive difference. Centers like Robinson have flopped 8 out of 10 times. There really isn't a Trae before Trae. He was unknown quantity. 

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Trae Young reminds me most of Josh Smith more than any Hawk ever. 

Their intelligence is through the roof. 

Huh? Exact opposite. 

That’s like saying I live ice cream 🍦 and poop 💩 they both taste really great. 😐 

Trae BBIQ would step on Smoove’s like an 🐜.

No… first Marbury now this, comon guy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

Huh? Exact opposite. 

That’s like saying I live ice cream 🍦 and poop 💩 they both taste really great. 😐 

Trae BBIQ would step on Smoove’s like an 🐜.

No… first Marbury now this, comon guy.

Josh Smith was beloved by coaches and teammates for his BBIQ. 

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I can’t believe wayfair Trae aka Rick Brunson’s lil rugrat gives us so much trouble. He’s a tough dude but comon. That was frustrating to watch knowing most of the threes he threw up were goin in. Dang.

The biggest difference between my guy Trae and my guy Jalen is Jalen is a proven winner who only cares about the final score.   We all know what Trae is. 

• Sad 1

53 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

That's an addition of JJ, your not considering the negatives which will effect his impact on the court.

He also is bad at defending 4s in general. This is a lot easier to expose against the starters and with Trae and Murray on the court at the same time. 

I am still on the train for Bey. Even though we see more of the expose than the good right now, it's better than if it was JJ and you would see spacing removed. At least, we are creating at a high rate. JJ creation is nowhere close to Trae's. I value Trae's creation a lot more. 

The issue is that someone needs to be creating for Trae, so that he won't have to force all of his offense.

Brunson was getting open look after open look, due to Randle's passing out of the post.

Edited by TheNorthCydeRises
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member

Can’t believe I threw away $120 on these bums lol.     I also threw $20 on the Blackhawks even though they were massive underdogs.   Difference is they actually came through for me. Won $80 on that bet to help mitigate my loss on ATL.  

10 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

The issue is that someone needs to be creating for Trae, so that he won't have to force all of his offense.

Brunson was getting open look after open look, due to Randle's passing out of the post.

Is Trae someone capable of being created for? I don't know or believe he is. 

Brunson is elite off the ball for a PG. His offensive versatility is elite. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, shakes said:

The biggest difference between my guy Trae and my guy Jalen is Jalen is a proven winner who only cares about the final score.   We all know what Trae is. 

I disagree. Trae cares and Trae cares a lot. Jalen is just a much better basketball player even though Trae is a superior talent by a mile. Trae got no feel for the unselfish parts of the game like Smoove. Whereas Jalen is a master of the unselfish parts of the game. He too lacks and tools and size like Trae but makes up for it in understanding and mastering winning basketball.

Jalen had to work his ass off and get a lot better just to be on the court for longer than your average 6th man. Trae had all of the natural God given gifts. 

Edited by NBASupes

6 minutes ago, shakes said:

Can’t believe I threw away $120 on these bums lol.     I also threw $20 on the Blackhawks even though they were massive underdogs.   Difference is they actually came through for me. Won $80 on that bet to help mitigate my loss on ATL.  

How do you think we feel?  The Hawks would have won without you announcing a bet like that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member

What kind of usage does Bey have over these first 2 games? Seems JC level low. If he isn't getting the 3pt shot attempts to be the floor spreader next to CC. Now what?

And he certainly isn't the above the rim player for easy Trae lobs. Another reason to start JJ. 

• Like 1

I truly believe we have one of the 10 most talented players in the NBA with Trae. But he's not a good Basketball player. He's solid. He needs to get a lot better. I honestly feel he's a 6th man on a contender based on past experiences. 

That said, his talent is insane, CP3 said he was the most skilled player in the NBA as a rookie playing for Rockets on Rockets TV. 

That said, he has to get a lot better at Basketball. A lot better. I still think Murray is better than him. Quin is working on Basketball with Trae. He's extremely gifted even if physically, he's underwhelming. I believe in Trae but he has to work and understand Basketball. LP tried to teach him but Trae wasn't listening and LP is a terrible teacher. Nate just was like, stick to what works but even he knew this shit wouldn't last long. Quin is trying to build greatness, it will take time.

• Like 1