Official Game Thread: Knicks at Hawks -- The Home Opener!

lethalweapon3

5 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Since at least 2020, you have been fairweather.  

Fair weather fan changes - Imgflip

Nah I just call it like I see it.. I give him credit when he plays well like I do every other player(I said he played well in the crunchtime last night. But I guess you glanced over that)..But when he's shit, I call it out.. You just dont like it.. Thats fine by me...

Edited by terrell
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Trae is the modern day Allen Iverson . . . minus the love that Iverson got.  The DNA is the same.

Iverson is a very underrated basketball player because he played the game probably not ideally for what he truly is. That said, AI was a superior player to Trae. Both to have insane generational talents but AI was a better player. AI was a good player who at his peak was an excellent player and obviously once in a generation talent. I honestly felt if A.I. put all in he had into the game, he would be consider one of the greatest. He wasn't used correctly in part due to his era and like Trae, the rule changes impacted his game a lot. 

I literally just told my best friend, Trae is the football equivalent to Justin Fields. 

Edited by NBASupes

6 hours ago, NBASupes said:

That's an addition of JJ, your not considering the negatives which will effect his impact on the court.

He also is bad at defending 4s in general. This is a lot easier to expose against the starters and with Trae and Murray on the court at the same time. 

I am still on the train for Bey. Even though we see more of the expose than the good right now, it's better than if it was JJ and you would see spacing removed. At least, we are creating at a high rate. JJ creation is nowhere close to Trae's. I value Trae's creation a lot more. 

Through two games the Hawks starting 5 has a net rating of -30.

The only lineup combinations that have a positive or neutral rating all have Jalen Johnson.....

Edited by terrell
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, terrell said:

Through two games the Hawks starting 5 has a net rating of -30.

The only lineup combinations that have a positive or neutral rating all have Jalen Johnson.....

Last year, for the first half, JJ had the worst net rating with everyone. It's probably a good idea to just let things play out 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, NBASupes said:

It's just not true. They were going to draft Luka and Tony wanted Luka but draft capital ya'll. Let's just keep it a buck. This one is on Travis and then he tried to bail on Trae by trying to trade him. 

If Ressler wanted Luka bad enough, Luka would be in Atlanta  That's what it seems yo me.

One could argue that Ressler will not o further into the luxury tax because he doesn't believe that Trae can lead a team to a title and that it would be a waste of money. I don't know the man and so I can't say for sure. 

This situation sort of reminds me of how the Hawks bent over backwards to make JT the guy on the team. Obviously Trae is a better player, but the situations share some similarities.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think Quin should try a different starting lineup... Didnt he say he would do this at times this season?

Trae/Murray/Dre/JJ/OO

Let CC try dominate 2nd unit bigs..

(Let JJ handle the ball some with the starters and see if he can get Trae Murray some easier looks to get them going)

I mean he's still decent on D, but he presents no threat on Offense whatsoever..

Basically nobody has to guard him...

His net rating is -28 so far.. 

Edited by terrell
  • Like 2

• Premium Member

Trae's adjustment to the new offense is going to take longer than anyone elses because his role is changing the most.  @sturt isn't here but the 20 game rule is way more relevant this season than last given how much change the team is going through on the court.  That said, Trae has been shooting like ass.  Some of it his shot selection and some of it is just bad shooting... either way, he's picking up where he left off last season and if he cannot be reasonably efficient, we will never have sustained success.

@terrell's point of "when was the last time Trae had 2+ games shooting over 50% is very valid -- his floor game has been very good but the shooting has to improve...it has to.  There's no other way for this team to win because he is where we have invested in a supermax and he's a complete liability on the defensive end.  So the shooting has to improve for us to be a top 4 team.  That or he takes way fewer shots and leans into more of a Steven Nash, facilitate first type of role.  But he will be way more effective in that role as well if he's shooting efficiently.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Iverson is a very underrated basketball player because he played the game probably not ideally for what he truly is. That said, AI was a superior player to Trae. Both to have insane generational talents but AI was a better player. AI was a good player who at his peak was an excellent player and obviously once in a generation talent. I honestly felt if A.I. put all in he had into the game, he would be consider one of the greatest. He wasn't used correctly in part due to his era and like Trae, the rule changes impacted his game a lot. 

I literally just told my best friend, Trae is the football equivalent to Justin Fields. 

LMAO . . now Trae is Justin Fields?   Does Justin Fields have the capacity to lead the NFL in anything?  Does Justin Fields does anything at an elite level as a QB?  LOL . . Trae can't even be Josh Allen.  He has to be Justin Fields . . lol.

5 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Last year, for the first half, JJ had the worst net rating with everyone. It's probably a good idea to just let things play out 

What about the 2nd half of the year?  JJ's presence was positive in lineups, along with Okongwu.

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

Trae's adjustment to the new offense is going to take longer than anyone elses because his role is changing the most.  @sturt isn't here but the 20 game rule is way more relevant this season than last given how much change the team is going through on the court.  That said, Trae has been shooting like ass.  Some of it his shot selection and some of it is just bad shooting... either way, he's picking up where he left off last season and if he cannot be reasonably efficient, we will never have sustained success.

@terrell's point of "when was the last time Trae had 2+ games shooting over 50% is very valid -- his floor game has been very good but the shooting has to improve...it has to.  There's no other way for this team to win because he is where we have invested in a supermax and he's a complete liability on the defensive end.  So the shooting has to improve for us to be a top 4 team.  That or he takes way fewer shots and leans into more of a Steven Nash, facilitate first type of role.  But he will be way more effective in that role as well if he's shooting efficiently.

Trae's game is closer to Harden's than Nash's or Iverson's.   Former MVP Harden has a career FG% of 44.  Trae's 43.6.  We know he has slow starts.    Give him time to get it up. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I do hope it’s a funk he can get out of.  And his game is similar to Hardens but harden was much more efficient, averaging 62 TS% through his prime on insane volume.  I hope Trae gets there because we’ll be winning a lot of games if he does

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JeffS17 said:

I do hope it’s a funk he can get out of.  And his game is similar to Hardens but harden was much more efficient, averaging 62 TS% through his prime on insane volume.  I hope Trae gets there because we’ll be winning a lot of games if he does

I know most here still have faith in Trae to be our guy. For me that ship that has sailed. The organization should try to find a dominant big or wing so Trae can settle in as a number 2. Easier said than done of course. Don't think we will be anything more than a fridge playoff team with Trae as our best player.

10 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

LMAO . . now Trae is Justin Fields?   Does Justin Fields have the capacity to lead the NFL in anything?  Does Justin Fields does anything at an elite level as a QB?  LOL . . Trae can't even be Josh Allen.  He has to be Justin Fields . . lol.

What about the 2nd half of the year?  JJ's presence was positive in lineups, along with Okongwu.

Running stats. Like Trae does in assists.

Running. Extremely gifted talent wise. Generally is well graded. PFF has him as the 15th best QB this year, even higher than your boy right now, Burrow. 

Josh Allen is elite. That would be someone like Giannis. 

I didn't say anything negative about JJ. I just said JJ had the negative stats in the 1st half of the season last year, be patience. Don't overly look at the stats and think you finding something 

• Confused 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, bird_dirt said:

I was talking about @shakes, bc he jinxed us. 

I was thinking it was gonna be a jinx cause i have a policy that it’s bad karma to bet games with your favorite team involved, like you need $$ to want your team to win.  But then I realized that when you are in Vegas its bad karma to NOT bet on your team, like you refuse to back your team.   

My Blackhawks came through for me and they’re terrible and were on the road vs the undefeated defending Stanley Cup champs, but that didn’t stop them from coming through for me.