• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Timberwolves at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Maybe its time to have another conversation about Capela.  Boy was he bad tonight.  Dude was barbecue chicken city, Hand of stone, Clumsy, slow.  I mean wow!

He struggled in the 1st half. Played well on defense in the 3rd with 2 big blocks.

That was one of the most incredible games on a back to back that I have ever seen.  Congrats to the Hawks!!!

Get some rest and try to build on this one.

Edited by terrell
  • Like 3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Sothron said:

This was one of those games you'll talk about years from now. Hawks literally could not stop Minn at all in the first half. I think they shot like 70% in the first half? It was insane. And then....the basketball gods laughed. Unreal. It was like two separate games rolled into one. So glad we won this game. 

Sometimes, you get popped in the mouth... you get up mad.  

You don't have to do like Tyson Fury and wait for the judges to bail you out. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Mrs. Sothron yelled "don't be selfish!" when that happened. 

Yall know Trae has to get in highlights on a great Hawks comeback victory.. 😀

Edited by terrell
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

He struggled in the 1st half. Played well on defense in the 3rd with 2 big blocks.

If you look at Capela's stat line, you'd think he sucked.   He actually played good positionally.  Start of the 2nd half, he was holding it down on defense for us.

It's a trap for all those who just stat watch. 

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Sothron said:

This was one of those games you'll talk about years from now. Hawks literally could not stop Minn at all in the first half. I think they shot like 70% in the first half? It was insane. And then....the basketball gods laughed. Unreal. It was like two separate games rolled into one. So glad we won this game. 

Its good they had a man up moment

Just now, Sothron said:

I didn't want to say this since ppl think I want to derail threads about our ex coach but who else believes we could have had that comeback tonight if Nate was still here? Quin has made this team really buy in.

I hope so

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Last year we talked a couple like that. 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Sothron said:

I didn't want to say this since ppl think I want to derail threads about our ex coach but who else believes we could have had that comeback tonight if Nate was still here? Quin has made this team really buy in.

Well, in the end, Nate did lose the team.

However, don't act like we didn't make comebacks like this in our playoff run.   Did you forget so soon?

• Like 2

• Premium Member
Just now, Diesel said:

Well, in the end, Nate did lose the team.

However, don't act like we didn't make comebacks like this in our playoff run.   Did you forget so soon?

Did we really have 20+ point comebacks in that season?  Once we made the switch Bogi went ballistic and we didn't really trail in games that season from what I remember.

• Like 1