• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Timberwolves at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

We'll get to see if Jaden McDaniels indeed gets reactivated today, and if he gets re-inserted into the starting unit in place of Nickeil Alexander-Walker. Shake Milton (sore foot) is also listed as Questionable.

Krawczynski's 2022 feature on Edwards in The Athletic (subscription required) notes that while the Ant-Man did rise up out of Oakland City and in-town Therrell High, he didn't get blind-sided, if you will, by the potential benefits of seeing his athletic pursuits through around this town.

"I really used to dream about the NFL, for real," Edwards said.

More specifically, Edwards wondered about living a life far removed from the dangers of Oakland City, one he didn't really think possible — until he crossed paths with a former Viking.

All-Pro offensive lineman Chris Hinton played two of his 13 NFL seasons with the Vikings. Starting when Edwards was 8 or 9, Hinton's son Chris and Edwards became best friends through football.

There were plenty of nights Edwards stayed over with Chris Jr., a defensive lineman at Michigan who declared for this month's NFL draft, at the Hintons' 12,000-square-foot house on a 3.5-acre plot in Johns Creek, a suburb northeast of Atlanta.

"Crazy big," Edwards said. "They had a big ol' pool and court. … I used to say, I want to live like this. That was a lot of motivation. I tried to stay there as long as I could."

~lw3

• Thanks 3

I should like Anthony Edwards more seeing how he grew up on/ around Campbellton Road same as me (you’re more likely to have your crib or person robbed on his side no doubt) but I just don’t.  I guess my All-Atlanta/ East Point/College Park team would be Malcolm Brogdon (who I like but didn’t play HS ball in the area)/ Gerald Wilkins (cool little player, went to my HS)/ Anthony Edwards/ Josh Smith (indifferent, also didn’t play HS ball in the area)/  Derrick Favors (rarely watched him) with Walker Kessler (also like) as 6th Man.  A few decent players from Marietta (Scoot, Jaylen, Shareef) but they don’t count, it’s Marietta.  

Only 1 HOF from the entire state of Georgia in Walt Frazier out of 146 players.  We gotta do better, I guess Dwight will join him soon but he never did anything for me.

I’m just here for Jalen swatting Towns’ shot 6 rows back and flushing one in Gobert’s mug.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Sedale Threatt,

Loved me some Sedale the Sonic he was a bad boy.

Willie Anderson

Shandon was a baller ⛹🏾‍♂️ 

Birdie

💗 🪦 rip the great Pac! 

Jaylen Brown, or an Edwards, it’s banking their futures heavily on top picks like Jabari Smith, Devin Vassell, Walker Kessler and Scoot Henderson.

Hot bed for talent is the ATL, reminds me of the yay back in the late 80’s with GP’s dad and all the younguns around then. I love Brown and 🐜 and Scoot is gonna be a ⛹🏾‍♂️ too. 

Jae Crowder.

My man 😂 

While Atlanta joins eight other clubs with an NBA-high 15 back-to-back pairs, coach Quin Snyder’s club benefits from a league-high of 11 of the back-ends, like tonight’s, in front of home crowds.

This helps a lot. Home court edge when you’re tired, fans can help motivate to pull some W’s out.

Ant-Man or Scoot, inspired by the home team, may be sitting in the stands, or watching nearby, ripe for the future picking.

I’ve always wanted an Atlanta native who is a star ⭐️ play for the Hawks. Don’t tease me lw3 😂.

You are the man lw3! Thank you for another beautiful 🤩 Hawks game preview! 

Vegas line: Minny -2.5 ML Minny -135 Hawks +115 o/u 227.5

Let’s get our first 2 game winning streak in a row @JayBirdHawk misses those Will Ferrell streaking gifs 🤣 

GO HAWKS!!!

tip in 20!