• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Timberwolves at Hawks

lethalweapon3

15 hours ago, AHF said:

The comparison to KG is his best case where it shows that the failure was not a problem with KG but was Minnesota not putting together a good enough team.  I think KAT is just a bit past his career apex but still a very talented player who can be a rich man's (in every sense of the word) Kevin Love ala the Cleveland championship.  

This is true.  Too bad for MIN that they have to value him so highly in trades that it's basically impossible to move him.  

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
15 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

🤔 that’s interesting. (It means I disagree 😂) but ok. KG had a bit past prime Spree and championship point man Cassell, not to mention a decent bench. They have a Lakers a run for their money 💰 but Shaq and Kobe were too much for anyone. 

Agree with the second part, Kevin Love of 2016 sounds about right, so he’s just missing a Lebron and a young hungry Kyrie pre Kyme 😂 

KG had 12 years in Minnesota and had a single season where they won a playoff series.  That one season was a nice run until the Lakers knocked them out like you say, but I'm not sure from your post whether you think the problem the other 11 years was with KG or the team.  My own view is that KG wasn't good enough to win on his own but was plenty good enough to win a ring and be a contender as the best or second best player on the right team.  

KAT is not as good a player as KG but I do think he is still a talented player who could contribute to a winning team.  But if  he is your best player then you are not going to go far.  That is just the reality for him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

KG had 12 years in Minnesota and had a single season where they won a playoff series.  That one season was a nice run until the Lakers knocked them out like you say, but I'm not sure from your post whether you think the problem the other 11 years was with KG or the team.  My own view is that KG wasn't good enough to win on his own but was plenty good enough to win a ring and be a contender as the best or second best player on the right team.  

KAT is not as good a player as KG but I do think he is still a talented player who could contribute to a winning team.  But if  he is your best player then you are not going to go far.  That is just the reality for him.

KG was a competitor.  KAT comes across like he wants to give in if things get challenging.  Not good, even for a Robin.  Talent is a separate question to me.  

• Thanks 1

copying this here

For those with a The Athletic subscription, the comments from Twolves fans in this article about their collapse, are all ready to trade KAT regardless of any return.  (They still have a beat writer, unlike the Hawks.)

Anatomy of another Timberwolves meltdown: Anthony Edwards, KAT, Chris Finch and a bad loss - The Athletic

Kat is the problem. Very poor decision-making. He can only get to hoop against small, weak defenders, and even then he is barely in control.

Ant is the future and KAT is the past. It’s time to move on from KAT no matter what the return is. Any has the opportunity to improve and become a star in the league, KAT has gotten worse as his career has progressed. Move KAT, start NAZ (yeah he wasn’t good in this game) who fits the PF position better and move on.

Trade KAT now before he embarrasses the Wolves more. My God he's a whiner. He's also a loser at every level of basketball.Kat is the problem. Very poor decision-making. He can only get to hoop against small, weak defenders, and even then he is barely in control.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
22 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

KG was a competitor.  KAT comes across like he wants to give in if things get challenging.  Not good, even for a Robin.  Talent is a separate question to me.  

I like the Kevin Love comparison at this point including for competitive fire.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, AHF said:

It's funny that the KAT talk has reappeared.

I was listening to a podcast and they were talking to Jeff Teague.   Teague was talking about how very skilled KAT is... Probably the best player that he has ever seen play because he could do it all.    Of course Teague was telling this as a part of a Jimmy Butler story of how when Jimmy saw KAT and Wigg he said, this is KAT's team.. Wigg you're 2nd and I will just pick up whatever is left... then after 4 games, Jimmy said this aint going to work...

This is the problem with KAT.  He has a mountain of talent.   Probably too talented for one guy to be.  But similar to Dre... sometimes, it just seems like he doesn't want it. 

The guys on the podcast kept saying... If KAT had Embiid or Jokic's personality, he'd easily be the best player in the league.   Think about that... these are the MVPs for the last three seasons and if KAT could just change the way he approaches the game, he could be better than them...easily.  The problem is You have to GAF.    When it comes to basketball, KAT has a whole lot of IDGAF.  Is it being in Minnesota?   I can't tell..  But even though they have tethered him to Gobert, he still has some very good players in Minnesota that if he just GAF, they would be the best in the West.   AntMan has taken over and he's probably the best Guard in the West.   I think if his attitude doesn't change, KAT will be traded by the deadline. 

33 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I was listening to a podcast and they were talking to Jeff Teague.   Teague was talking about how very skilled KAT is... Probably the best player that he has ever seen play because he could do it all.    Of course Teague was telling this as a part of a Jimmy Butler story of how when Jimmy saw KAT and Wigg he said, this is KAT's team.. Wigg you're 2nd and I will just pick up whatever is left... then after 4 games, Jimmy said this aint going to work...

This is the problem with KAT.  He has a mountain of talent.   Probably too talented for one guy to be.  But similar to Dre... sometimes, it just seems like he doesn't want it. 

The guys on the podcast kept saying... If KAT had Embiid or Jokic's personality, he'd easily be the best player in the league.   Think about that... these are the MVPs for the last three seasons and if KAT could just change the way he approaches the game, he could be better than them...easily.  The problem is You have to GAF.    When it comes to basketball, KAT has a whole lot of IDGAF.  Is it being in Minnesota?   I can't tell..  But even though they have tethered him to Gobert, he still has some very good players in Minnesota that if he just GAF, they would be the best in the West.   AntMan has taken over and he's probably the best Guard in the West.   I think if his attitude doesn't change, KAT will be traded by the deadline. 

The John Collins of Minnesota!

😉

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Diesel said:

This is what Diesel was talking about.  I was listening to the exact same thing this morning.

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

This is what Diesel was talking about.  I was listening to the exact same thing this morning.

Teague is one of the best story tellers of our time!!!  Who KNEW?

• Like 4