• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Timberwolves at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Did we really have 20+ point comebacks in that season?  Once we made the switch Bogi went ballistic and we didn't really trail in games that season from what I remember.

image.png

image.png

That's a 26 point comeback game.  I won't diminish tonight's win because it's one of the best games of basketball that I have watched in years.  But let's not act like it's never been done by us...

• Like 2

• Premium Member
Just now, Diesel said:

image.png

image.png

That's a 26 point comeback game.  I won't diminish tonight's win because it's one of the best games of basketball that I have watched in years.  But let's not act like it's never been done by us...

So you found one game in that season? I guess you showed me. One game in how many games once Nate took over that half a season? 

We were winning most games that a big comeback wasn't needed. That  is a credit to Nate's job that year btw.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Sothron said:

don't tell someone that JJ didn't crack nate's rotation. In Bizzaro world Nate loved Jalen and played him all the time in the G league as a favor to Jalen.

Nobody said that Nate loved JJ.    DO you exaggerate much?  I said Nate played JJ 20 mpg in Dec.   What part of the facts do you choose to ignore Soth...  

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Love Bey off the bench. 

Bey plays Hard and he had a good game tonight.  I don't think he missed a three pointer and since he's been here, he's never been afraid to get in there... We need him. 

• Haha 1

• Premium Member

So you found one game in that season? I guess you showed me. One game in how many games once Nate took over that half a season? 

We were winning most games that a big comeback wasn't needed. That  is a credit to Nate's job that year btw.

Could you call that nates team? I know the former coach lost the team and the change got the fellas fired up their own toadaso. 

• Premium Member

I keep showing you...  because you keep asking me to.    

You hate Nate... we get it...   You don't have change history though.   I'm not fond of the man either (surprise) but Facts and Truth are Facts and Truth. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Diesel said:

Nobody said that Nate loved JJ.    DO you exaggerate much?  I said Nate played JJ 20 mpg in Dec.   What part of the facts do you choose to ignore Soth...  

Bey plays Hard and he had a good game tonight.  I don't think he missed a three pointer and since he's been here, he's never been afraid to get in there... We need him. 

Dude, I'm busting your balls here as a joke. I'm not being serious. Be cool, Big D. 🙂

• Premium Member
Just now, Diesel said:

I keep showing you...  because you keep asking me to.    

You hate Nate... we get it...   You don't have change history though.   I'm not fond of the man either (surprise) but Facts and Truth are Facts and Truth. 

See my previous post lol

And for the record I don't hate Nate. He did a great job that ECF run. No question. I have issues with how he handled the team after that and he deserved to be let go.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
Just now, Sothron said:

See my previous post lol

And for the record I don't hate Nate. He did a great job that ECF run. No question. I have issues with how he handled the team after that and he deserved to be let go.

We agree!

Look, I have been a hawks fan for a long time.  I was pleased when Bud took us to the ECF and mad at the NY City Policeman that messed us up and really hate Dellavedova for Dirty play. 

When we beat Philly in that series, nothing that the Hawks have ever done matches that moment for me.  For you to flippantly not remember the 26 point comeback and say.. I'm busting your balls is blatant disrespect. 

I'm not a fan of Nate.   Didn't like how he stripped down the offense after the ECFs.   Didn't like how he got rid of the braintrust that got us there.   Didn't like the fallout with him and Trae.   Thought it was over something stupid.  He has so much for me to not like him about that I don't have to conjure up a new reason or follow what the rumor mills wants me to believe... when the facts are right in front of me. 

Just like your ball busting "Bizzaro world" comment...  nobody's dumb... it's purpose was to disrespect me and devalue my commentary.  My only commentary today was not a defense of Nate the man but an observation of what the facts are.  I'm glad that Nate is gone... we've moved on to better pastures.   However, just like the Bizzarro world comment...nobody is dumb about Nate's record either.  You can't tell me that he didn't play a vet because he sucked and he played a rookie because he produced and then try to sell me on the idea that he had an agenda against rookies.   Don't fit.   Maybe it fits in a world where you believe everything that people tell you... but this is not that world.   But I like how we can pick and choose when to name call... I guess if I called people names and say.. "I was just busting their balls..." it would be alright?  Must be nice. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Another game thread cluttered with Nate talk. :blanky:.

C'mon fellas - we had an AWESOME comeback win...let's celebrate that. 

Forget Nate!

I was really looking forward to celebrating with @Peoriabird  and @NBASupes.  That's rare...  Even Fairweather won't get so much vitriol today...  Who am I kidding, yes he will. 

Postgame, Holman said "what a comeback by this team have u seen anything like it" and Trae was like," yeah a few times, I cameback before..Then he asked Trae about his shooting slump early in the season, and Trae said," he(Murray) hasn't been shooting that good either" and then Steve ended it saying, "alright Trae,thanks for coming ".. 😀

Edited by terrell
  • Haha 3