• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Timberwolves at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Bey and JJ was the best two man unit after Bey joined the Hawks. 

Over 100 Net Rating is beginning of the season type stuff 

I believe the acquisition of Bey last season was overlooked by a lot of people.   It has the potential to make Landry a future/past executive of the year.   Meaning that he made some really good moves in previous years that has led to a really good team in the future. 

I hate that this is a contract year and that we're tight with the wallet. 

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, terrell said:

Postgame, Holman said "what a comeback by this team have u seen anything like it" and Trae was like," yeah a few times, I cameback before..Then he asked Trae about his shooting slump early in the season, and Trae said," he(Murray) hasn't been shooting that good either" and then Steve ended it saying, "alright Trae,thanks for coming ".. 😀

Good Grief!🧐

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Diesel said:

We agree!

Look, I have been a hawks fan for a long time.  I was pleased when Bud took us to the ECF and mad at the NY City Policeman that messed us up and really hate Dellavedova for Dirty play. 

When we beat Philly in that series, nothing that the Hawks have ever done matches that moment for me.  For you to flippantly not remember the 26 point comeback and say.. I'm busting your balls is blatant disrespect. 

I'm not a fan of Nate.   Didn't like how he stripped down the offense after the ECFs.   Didn't like how he got rid of the braintrust that got us there.   Didn't like the fallout with him and Trae.   Thought it was over something stupid.  He has so much for me to not like him about that I don't have to conjure up a new reason or follow what the rumor mills wants me to believe... when the facts are right in front of me. 

Just like your ball busting "Bizzaro world" comment...  nobody's dumb... it's purpose was to disrespect me and devalue my commentary.  My only commentary today was not a defense of Nate the man but an observation of what the facts are.  I'm glad that Nate is gone... we've moved on to better pastures.   However, just like the Bizzarro world comment...nobody is dumb about Nate's record either.  You can't tell me that he didn't play a vet because he sucked and he played a rookie because he produced and then try to sell me on the idea that he had an agenda against rookies.   Don't fit.   Maybe it fits in a world where you believe everything that people tell you... but this is not that world.   But I like how we can pick and choose when to name call... I guess if I called people names and say.. "I was just busting their balls..." it would be alright?  Must be nice. 

Please point on the doll  where I hurt you.  

I did not call you names. I was clearly joking with you and trying to make light of our previous baffling disagreement in a game thread. I am sorry if you felt I was being disrespectful.

And btw, the come back in the playoffs isn't the same as a regular season comeback. I still don't remember a single game in that season where in the regular season we came back from 20 points down. I didn't "blatantly disregard" it. It happened in the playoffs and not the regular season so it doesn't count for what I said previously.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Bonkers said:

Oh yea for the Siakam lovers, this one is for you. Look how great he is:

16 pts

7 rebs

FG% 39%

3P% 28.6%

I told y'all to stop hyping his overrated ass. I KNOW WHAT I BE TALKING ABOUT!!! You know nothing about bball if u wanted him on this team

You forgot the most important part...

4 years $192 Million dollars starting next year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Bonkers said:

Oh yea for the Siakam lovers, this one is for you. Look how great he is:

16 pts

7 rebs

FG% 39%

3P% 28.6%

I told y'all to stop hyping up his overrated ass. I KNOW WHAT I BE TALKING ABOUT!!! You know nothing about bball if u wanted him on this team

What did Diesel post before about posters who were dead wrong about something?

tenor.gif?itemid=7308716

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
14 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Another game thread cluttered with Nate talk. :blanky:.

C'mon fellas - we had an AWESOME comeback win...let's celebrate that. 

Forget Nate!

[personal comments removed] I will try to keep any nate talk away from future game threads so [as to avoid] offend[ing] anyone

53 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Maybe its time to have another conversation about Capela.  Boy was he bad tonight.  Dude was barbecue chicken city, Hands of stone, Clumsy, slow.  I mean wow!

It's like this every year , he has talked about it plenty it takes him awhile to get into shape 

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Please point on the doll  where I hurt you.  

I did not call you names. I was clearly joking with you and trying to make light of our previous baffling disagreement in a game thread. I am sorry if you felt I was being disrespectful.

And btw, the come back in the playoffs isn't the same as a regular season comeback. I still don't remember a single game in that season where in the regular season we came back from 20 points down. I didn't "blatantly disregard" it. It happened in the playoffs and not the regular season so it doesn't count for what I said previously.

No Rdj GIF - No Rdj Tony Stark - Discover & Share GIFs

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This is absolutely alluding to the new schemes 

the “what we’ve been doing” part

I have not done any close up looks at the schemes at both ends but this group is clearly seeing some results from working at it.

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 1