• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Pacers at Hawks -- IST Game #3

lethalweapon3

2 hours ago, Plainview1981 said:

To be fair, this roster is too flawed.

It's less about how bad Snyder is and how bad this roster is. People just thought that he could cover this rosters flaws and he can't. Too many undersized players and bad defenders. But there is not even toughness to make up for the lack of size.

I already knew that. When I was telling everyone else that last year, I was told this is on rigid Nate

Edited by NBASupes

6 hours ago, FL_BRYANT said:

The difference in this game seemed to be the athleticism of the Pacers u front court and the Pacers on  a whole.. 

My question is why Capela only plays 18 minutes, and what has happened to Griffin. Is he hurt? 

I'm ok with our back court but we need a stronger more athletic front court to really compete. With such a small back court we need  bigger more athletic front court players who can run,  jump, hit the boards and play defense.  Fix the front court and we are a different team.    Who and how we acquire that player or players is above my pay grade. I expect the Hawks will make a move by the trade deadline. 

Question, has DeAndre reached his ceiling? His lack of consistency is a real problem. 

Hunter..hmmm.  Not gonna get started. He'll pull a good game out of his arse here and there. For as much shyt as Trae gets, Hunter is a non dribbling turnover machine and it's 4 on 5 some days that he's on the floor.  3 on 5 if Trae is MIA. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I already knew that. When I was telling everyone else that last year, I was told this is on rigid Nate

Excuses this is directly on your boy Hunter. []

The respect of even simple basketball knowledge is being questioned. What defense??? Hunter sucks PERIOD! [] he’s trash 🗑️ 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, deester11 said:

Hunter..hmmm.  Not gonna get started. He'll pull a good game out of his arse here and there. For as much shyt as Trae gets, Hunter is a non dribbling turnover machine and it's 4 on 5 some days that he's on the floor.  3 on 5 if Trae is MIA. 

So what do you want to do with Hunter? You lose him, this team instantly sinks. What do you want to do?

I understand the frustration about Dre on offense especially in the last 6 games. So I am asking Dre haters, what do you want to do other than bitch and moan?

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

🤣 uh huh, see that’s the problem you don’t and never did and I don’t even know what the subject matter is all I know is somebody that pushed a guy like Hunter so hard needs better basketball evaluation skills. Jesus what were you watching…? Seriously bro.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

[] If we sent him to Siberia it would instantly add 2 wins for us.

I watched most of the games this year. Dre been critical this year even more than previous years due to our scheme and what we ask from him on defense. Even in previous years he's been critical on D. 

If you think trading him would add wins, you are [wrong] in that assessment. 

Quin needs to bench him.

All of his plays were just momentum killers.

We were riding high as a team and his laziness spread.

[I disagree]

Run this by the rest of squawk and fill me in on the results.

[] When people blame OO for fouls when it's basically recovering on someone's else miscues, that's not on OO. To be honest, defense is really hard [] to understand unless you are special at it. 

6 hours ago, FL_BRYANT said:

The difference in this game seemed to be the athleticism of the Pacers u front court and the Pacers on  a whole.. 

My question is why Capela only plays 18 minutes, and what has happened to Griffin. Is he hurt? 

I'm ok with our back court but we need a stronger more athletic front court to really compete. With such a small back court we need  bigger more athletic front court players who can run,  jump, hit the boards and play defense.  Fix the front court and we are a different team.    Who and how we acquire that player or players is above my pay grade. I expect the Hawks will make a move by the trade deadline. 

Question, has DeAndre reached his ceiling? His lack of consistency is a real problem. 

This is what should be discussed more. Not this debate about Trae vs Wall and/or whoever else.

I think a game like this answers a lot of questions. One of the biggest questions this season has been about Traes scoring efficiency and slow start….no doubt that Trae need to continue to fix his scoring efficiency as the season goes on but with this game we knew Trae is and can be a juggernaut offensively. Trae was very efficient this game and kept the turnovers down while playing defense to the best of his abilities. Trae the so called WOAT even got end of game clutch defensive play that put us in position to tie/ win the game…..despite all of this good Trae talk regarding this game it proves my point. We don’t need Trae to be the 30/10 guy anymore to have a top 5 offensive team. Trae can avg 18/12 and this team will still be a top 5 offense team. That’s not to say Trae doesn’t need to be an efficient scorer but I am saying trae dropping a ton of points doesn’t impact the win column like past seasons.

How we go about adjusting the front court will be interesting.

24 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

So what do you want to do with Hunter? You lose him, this team instantly sinks. What do you want to do?

I understand the frustration about Dre on offense especially in the last 6 games. So I am asking Dre haters, what do you want to do other than bitch and moan?

Supes..I wish I knew.  But if Trae is overrated for what some think he is, Hunter is severely overrated for what he maybe..coulda...should become at this point. And subtracting Hunter is not the loss I think it would be if a walking mummy were substituted for him.

But seriously Supes. I haven't the answer.  He SHOULD be more is all I'm saying. 4 years in...when is more....more?

Edited by deester11
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Hunter sucks.. Trade him now.

We need Capela, Hunter, and Bey packaged together for some defensive studs.

If we have offensive studs on this team (Bogi, Trae, DJM, JJ), the rest should be defensive studs.

STOP PLAYING AROUND LANDRY

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 3

53 minutes ago, deester11 said:

Supes..I wish I knew.  But if Trae is overrated for what some think he is, Hunter is severely overrated for what he maybe..coulda...should become at this point. And subtracting Hunter is not the loss I think it would be if a walking mummy were substituted for him.

But seriously Supes. I haven't the answer.  He SHOULD be more is all I'm saying. 4 years in...when is more....more?

Good post

Is he really overrated tho?

Maybe your expectations for him are way too high. I heard @TheNorthCydeRises say he wants a 3rd star out of him. I haven't seen any of that from him consistently ever. But I do see a very consistent defensive player who's versatile with size and length. I know those players don't grow on trees like centers in the 2000s. Maybe, just maybe, the expectations are too high from some individuals here. 

I am fine with Hunter and no, I am not fine about last night. He was awful offensively and that's not gonna cut it. No matter what. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, FL_BRYANT said:

Capela couldn't keep up with this pace.  I even got tired watching. 

Griffin was out with an illness.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, BrazilianHawk said:

We can't even beat the Knicks... 

A few more games like this and we'll be competing against CHA/DET/WAs for top picks in next draft. 

The Knicks are really good this year. They will be fighting for a 4th/5th seed with Indy. If Trae has finally turned the corner we may be in that mix for the 4th/5th, but if Trae is going to shoot around or under 43% this season we are probably fighting for a play in spot once again.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
11 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

No awareness from DJ - regarding time on clock and score.

I'll always remember this game as the game where Murray cost us the in season tournament with his idiotic decision at the end of the game.

• Sad 2