• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Celtics (6 PM Tip!)

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JeffS17 said:

Honestly think OO is getting mentally taxed by trying to be in the right spot all the time and he's not able to play as instinctively as he has in the past, which is where he shines.  Hoping once we gets comfortable in the system he starts to look much better.

He has to master defending without fouling. 

He has to understand his position on defense.  A good defensive scheme doesn't allow you to be too instinctual.   Not outside of where you are supposed to be.  We have a team defense.  No man to man.  I hate the rotations we use but he has to find his place in it. 

• Premium Member
Just now, Diesel said:

He has to master defending without fouling. 

He has to understand his position on defense.  A good defensive scheme doesn't allow you to be too instinctual.   Not outside of where you are supposed to be.  We have a team defense.  No man to man.  I hate the rotations we use but he has to find his place in it. 

yeah man, i agree it would be great if he was perfect lol im just saying, to me, it looks like he needs time with Quins system.  And he doesn't get consistent minutes with the same guys on the floor and is clearly still figuring things out.  I'll hold judgement until the all-star break.

• Premium Member
  • Premium Member

1 hour ago, JeffS17 said:

Man, just horrible awareness, positioning, and effort on a lot of these.  

Sadly most of them were Okongwu just getting manhandled out of position at times and sometimes out hustled.   One thing i really noticed is on the majority of the rebounds he is going up and tipping the ball back up instead of catching it.  Not sure if thats normal but i swear it feels like Capela goes up and puts the clamps on the ball instead of tipping it to himself.  Could be wrong on that one but it was super noticeable in those videos over and over again.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, Threezus said:

Sadly most of them were Okongwu just getting manhandled out of position at times and sometimes out hustled.   One thing i really noticed is on the majority of the rebounds he is going up and tipping the ball back up instead of catching it.  Not sure if thats normal but i swear it feels like Capela goes up and puts the clamps on the ball instead of tipping it to himself.  Could be wrong on that one but it was super noticeable in those videos over and over again.

You make a good point.  I wonder if his hands are too small? Or maybe he's just out of position so much.   Whatever it is, we need to fix it. 

• Like 1

Tough one for us up in Boston. Seemed like we were playing from behind pretty much from the get go. The rookie ref stood out like a sore thumb 👍. He was trying to fit in as a rookie and made a few bad calls, the 5 second count was actually legit but he was just being a nerd 🤓..

Bogi was on for a lot of the game, he’s been on fire 🔥 for the past few and having his best NBA season overall.

Trae remaining a potent offensive threat but he needs riders!!!

IMG_1480.thumb.jpeg.710988210d632b306014a7dd8a19c006.jpeg

He’s been on one of late.. 

:Bob: Also mentioned Trae got a steal and now has one in every game this season, but the boxscore says otherwise? Can anyone confirm? See…

IMG_1488.thumb.jpeg.a9d7618640352d0ad2b0a2c39c2a1046.jpeg

Hunter made some shots. Hunter was pretty good. 😐 

DJ, I dunno what’s going on with him? He’s inconsistent with his aggressiveness, he needs to find a median aggressive state but maintain it game in game out. He has to be more efficient and a threat to take pressure off Trae, that’s why we brought him here!

Flipped Brown at the end… whoaaa whoaaa whoaaaaaaaaaaaaa keeeerrrplunkkkk!!!

IMG_1481.thumb.jpeg.5968062fb6a2808f154496645361bec8.jpeg

Gordon Hayward {ya I said it} got 🤛 in the nose a tad… shove them tissues up them! The gold chain blingin lady likes it..IMG_1486.thumb.jpeg.68afdddabbf79f4be244adc04298758d.jpeg

IMG_1482.thumb.jpeg.5a34047d5b67559985b2190030bd368d.jpeg

Well, we got the even Steven flu 🤒 from last year. 8-8. 

Cavs up next..

Go Hawks!!!

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, NBASupes said:

To think [some people] want to trade two way Dre

Uh huh, cuz he helped us win? He was just lucky to hang on to the ball tonight. Ole slippery Marv II. 

The name baby Kawhi could be fitting after all, he is prolly as good now as Kawhi was when he (Kawhi) was a baby. 

Get it? Baby Kawhi.. 

Here all week. Rip them hardworking waitresses, they do the real work.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Or send him to the g-league!  LOL!

Still stand by this. Dude doesn’t do ANYTHING to impact winning for us. Inconsistency every time out.

Send him to the G league is damn right..

SEND HIM TO THE G LEAGUE {for the bits in the back}

lol at JB getting flipped.. there was some good humor moments last night.

But realistically, our defense blows, we couldn't stop Boston's weapons whatsoever so that's why we played from behind.

I want to know what Landry's plan is to fix this abysmal defense. I'm ready to sacrifice some offensive power to get some stoppers.

11 hours ago, Threezus said:

I had such high hopes for Okongwu over the last 2 years to be very very good.

Same. @Wretch im not happy, like at all. I’m sorry you can’t let Alice who’s 83 and some guy Quer…querrrr kh whatevaaaaa.. do that crap to you! 

Also, isn’t Clint a legit 7 footer? Or is he 6’11? In any event, rebound the frickin 🏀!!!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Same. @Wretch im not happy, like at all. I’m sorry you can’t let Alice who’s 83 and some guy Quer…querrrr kh whatevaaaaa.. do that crap to you! 

Also, isn’t Clint a legit 7 footer? Or is he 6’11? In any event, rebound the frickin 🏀!!!!

Send them all to the g-league except Trae!!!! Wow, I'm starting to sound like Spud

10 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

Honestly think OO is getting mentally taxed by trying to be in the right spot all the time and he's not able to play as instinctively as he has in the past, which is where he shines.  Hoping once we gets comfortable in the system he starts to look much better.

Agree it’s not him playing loose and free he’s learning but it’s hard to watch the learning process he looks as lost as me at the mall sometimes 😂 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Send them all to the g-league except Trae!!!! Wow, I'm starting to sound like Spud

No just Hunter he lacks the basic fundamentals for basketball. He’s just a shooting machine that is on and off. 

He can’t handle the rock.

He can’t board well.

He doesn’t pass worth crap.

Defense is ok and that’s all because of his long arms. Imagine if his wingspan was normal, wow.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

No just Hunter he lacks the basic fundamentals for basketball. He’s just a shooting machine that is on and off. 

He can’t board well.

Defense is ok and that’s all because of his long arms. Imagine if his wingspan was normal, wow.

What do you think of Capela's game if you want to talk about limited players?

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

He can’t board well.

Or what about OO's game? What multiple skills does he have?