• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Celtics (6 PM Tip!)

lethalweapon3

33 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

We both went cold

I would like Clingan 

Walker Kessler lite?

Who do you compare him too? He looks kinda stiff on highlghts.

I'm Gonna start looming HARD at centers.. lol

Tired of getting pushed around inside..

Edited by terrell

Derrick White is now 9-2 versus the Hawks (regular and post) in a Celtics uniform at +103.  Damn.

Celtics just on a whole different level.  They helped account for missing two great starters with two guys who never play and got plus minutes outta them.  The way Tatum is shooting and rebounding it’s high time he get the Celtics over the championship hurdle as the clear favorites.

Edited by benhillboy

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

That's on OO. I noticed him standing flat footed at times while the Celtics got offensive rebounds. He had that issue as a Rookie. With his lack of size he has to go up and get those rebounds EVERY time.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Here's my take...

• Too much Hero ball. 
  • Too much bad officiation. 
  • Too much nonball movement. 
  • Too much standing around. 
  • OO... WTH?
  • Hunter if you miss another rebound that comes right by you....
  • DJ pass to the Hot hand... Your hand is not hot. 
  • We miss JJ. 

We reverted tonight.   Played like Garbage for spurts and played like gold for spurts.   Bogi and Hunter draining 3s.. Yes.. I'm sure Quin is happy.   We have to do something about this defensive scheme.   When your big is pulled away from the middle, he is no longer a shot blocker or a rebounder.  Can Bogi quit leaving his man wide open?  If Trae is hot, it seems like everybody else is cold.   The opposite of what we experienced earlier. 

Quin has his work cut out for him.   We missed shots.   And if we miss shots, we are not a good team.  We got a lot of offensive rebounds when Clint was playing.   OO.. What the Hell.   The only way that big oaf on Boston's team can score is if you let him.   That dude started calling for the damn ball when you were supposed to be guarding him. 

I hate Boston. 

And the officials.  Let me cook right here.   So many no calls.   Bad 5 sec calls.   We went to Secaucus for what?  I didn't see 1 damn replay on a call all night.  You know why... The fix was in... Usually, on a challenge, they show you every angle.   On the challenge that they won, all we saw was Nique calling for more popcorn.  I can't ignore the bad calls and no calls effect on the game.   Honestly both Trae and DJ were getting beat the hell up... nothing.   They fouled Bogi so clearly.. No call.  I believe the refs were watching the game and not reffing it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, hawkman said:

That's on OO. I noticed him standing flat footed at times while the Celtics got offensive rebounds. He had that issue as a Rookie. With his lack of size he has to go up and get those rebounds EVERY time.

OO has gotten outworked by his bench counterpart in too many games in the early season going. Too many times out of position and just not battling.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

OO has gotten outworked by his bench counterpart in too many games in the early season going. Too many times out of position and just not battling.

His motor and wingspan were the things that made up for him being undersized. He has to utilize BOTH to be effective as a center. He can't passively watch the ball and wait for it to fall to him. He has to go get it. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, hawkman said:

His motor and wingspan were the things that made up for him being undersized. He has to utilize BOTH to be effective as a center. He can't passively watch the ball and wait for it to fall to him. He has to go get it. 

That's the problem.   He seems like he is too far out of position to get rebounds but some of it is that he's just not working for it.   He got the new contract gaze.  He has to come out of that. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Honestly think OO is getting mentally taxed by trying to be in the right spot all the time and he's not able to play as instinctively as he has in the past, which is where he shines.  Hoping once we gets comfortable in the system he starts to look much better.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I hate Boston. 

And the officials.  Let me cook right here.   So many no calls.   Bad 5 sec calls.   We went to Secaucus for what?  I didn't see 1 damn replay on a call all night.  You know why... The fix was in... Usually, on a challenge, they show you every angle.   On the challenge that they won, all we saw was Nique calling for more popcorn.  I can't ignore the bad calls and no calls effect on the game.   Honestly both Trae and DJ were getting beat the hell up... nothing.   They fouled Bogi so clearly.. No call.  I believe the refs were watching the game and not reffing it. 

It started in the first quarter and went on from there.  

• Like 2