• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Celtics (6 PM Tip!)

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Same. @Wretch im not happy, like at all. I’m sorry you can’t let Alice who’s 83 and some guy Quer…querrrr kh whatevaaaaa.. do that crap to you! 

Also, isn’t Clint a legit 7 footer? Or is he 6’11? In any event, rebound the frickin 🏀!!!!

*shrugs*

This is why I'm always saying sell high....but FWIW, I think OO is fine.  On both ends. We just need to figure out what we're doing with our front court.  What really sucks losing JJ -  so Hawks-like 😩.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

Hawks are showing promise but we have to make some trades if we want to pretend we have a shot at getting out of the first round.  Our frontcourt is not good enough. 

Without JJ, this is true. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Well said.

Who was worse my boy OO or your boy DJ? Pitiful, both! Ugh 😑 

I think to some degree both AJ and OO are struggling with Quin's new schemes. Nate's simple playbook allowed them to just play....seems they've gotta think a lot more with Quin's. Hoping by the time 2024 rolls around we can see some improvement and consistency.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I think to some degree both AJ and OO are struggling with Quin's new schemes. Nate's simple playbook allowed them to just play....seems they've gotta think a lot more with Quin's. Hoping by the time 2024 rolls around we can see some improvement and consistency.

That’s great but I meant DJ your boy 🏃‍♀️ 

36 minutes ago, Threezus said:

Nah Clint is 6'10 he has always been on the avg size for a center maybe a little smaller than most. But he has always been tough and physical playing up against the bigger guys.  Over the years he plays alot bigger than he actually is sadly as he is getting older that is not as easy to do for him lol.

Then we need a big oaf not with the skill sets of a Damian Jones 🏃‍♀️ 

How much for Val? Oh man if Val from Pels was on Hawks, Trae would be wiiiide open for threes.. 

Adams is hurt and older…

🧐 

Whose out there that over 7’ and ummm well a body lol.

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, Threezus said:

Letting Al Horford out rebound both our centers combined is a damn shame >.> Clint is getting older and isn't what he use to be and Onyeka i can't understand for the life of me why he's not taking the next step and in honesty seems to be getting worse at times.  I had such high hopes for Okongwu over the last 2 years to be very very good.

Schlenk drafting a 6'8 center to play with his 6'0 pg in the NBA I'll never understand..

I was like "who?". when we took him.. smh

Never expected that pick.. 

Oh well, all we can do is hope he learns how to shoot and can play PF.

Because he gets eaten alive most nights at center..

Hes just too damn small(been saying it for years about this team in general)

Edited by terrell

• Moderators

I went and looked at OO's per minute stats this year because it feels like they should be way down.  They are down but not by as much as I would have thought.

2022-23 vs 2023-24 per36

15.4 points vs 13.7 points

11.2 rebounds vs 10.4 rebounds  (this is the one I was expecting to be really off)

1.6 assists vs 2.2 assists  (A/TO has improved from 1.0 to 1.6)

1.1 steals vs 1.0 steals

2.1 blocks vs 1.5 blocks

So most things are down a chunk but nothing is as wildly off from last season as I would have expected.  I do feel like he hasn't hit his stride this year.  Hoping he would level up and so far it has been a mild let down.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Then we need a big oaf not with the skill sets of a Damian Jones 🏃‍♀️ 

How much for Val? Oh man if Val from Pels was on Hawks, Trae would be wiiiide open for threes.. 

Adams is hurt and older…

🧐 

Whose out there that over 7’ and ummm well a body lol.

I know he’s injured, but that could help us get him on the cheap now.  Play him next year.  Trade for Robert Williams.  

• Confused 1

25 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

I know he’s injured, but that could help us get him on the cheap now.  Play him next year.  Trade for Robert Williams.  

Who Val? On the cheap? 🤨 I don’t think so.. maybe I’m wrong tho. Damian you can get for a doll hair 😕 

💵 

3 hours ago, terrell said:

Schlenk drafting a 6'8 center to play with his 6'0 pg in the NBA I'll never understand..

I was like "who?". when we took him.. smh

Never expected that pick.. 

Oh well, all we can do is hope he learns how to shoot and can play PF.

Because he gets eaten alive most nights at center..

Hes just too damn small(been saying it for years about this team in general)

I personally have always had him pegged as more of a fit for PF.  I think if you pair him at PF with a bigger center that can stretch and shoot like a KAT, Val, Embidd, Jokic, Davis, Sabonis, Vuc, Porzingas, Ayton, or Lopez to a lesser extent.   He would be a much better fit than going with 2 guys that are similar in style with Capela and Onyeka but Onyeka being a smaller version of him with a little more offensive game. 

This to me allows you to get more skilled at SF and more athletic with a guy like Jalen Johnson than forcing Johnson to go against bigger tougher guys at PF.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Final_quest said:

No, I mean we trade for Robert Williams.  Get him on the team next year.  Trade for him at the deadline.  

I like this idea.  They might be more excited about that if Ayton would start playing better.  Not much difference in their raw per minute production and the team was a lot better with Williams on the floor (SSS).

image.png

• Like 1

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

That’s great but I meant DJ your boy 🏃‍♀️ 

6 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

:laugh1:

He was AWFUL last game. Not sure what happened to his shooting the last few games.

Just crossed my mind that DJ had that quad contusion (injury report Nov. 22nd), so this might be the cause of his struggles over the past 3 games.

• Sad 1