• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

12 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Lauri won't get 5 firsts or something like that but I fear he's too rich for our blood. Meaning we don't have the assets after the DJM trade for him. 

It is sad that Siakam for Hunter/AJ/Kings first is a fair deal for both teams but Masai is insisting on more. If the Raps don't move Siakam and OG and both leave as FA...he should be fired. 

I'm wondering if this is part of the growing pains of a new GM.  The more seasoned GM's would know to move on from working with Toronto.  Feels like it cost us our entire offseason.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Moderators
41 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

How many teams even have 5 picks to trade?  Someone do the research and tell Danny.  

When has Ainge ever let something being hopelessly unrealistic stop him from demanding it before?  He got spoiled with the hometown discount that McHale gave up to gift him KG.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

What is the purpose of getting Jerami Grant? 

image.thumb.png.be73b8182f98a83808de46fb3dc88f98.png

Are we trying to add ANOTHER smallish combo forward that can't ( or won't ) rebound?

Jerami is a better shooting version of 12.  But shooting is all he does.  He doesn't rebound, or pass well enough to make his teammates better.

Meanwhile, Siakam is a 6-8 guy that is the size of Bruno, but may be the best transition big in the league.

image.thumb.png.6c4c78390df6d7fdb895d467e9cea4c0.png

Siakam has all around talents that has enabled him to make 2 All-NBA teams.

Jerami Grant would struggle to make an All-Pacific Division team.

Jerami is a better shooting/scoring/defending version of Hunter agreed. Jerami is an elite 3 pt shooter (one of the best in the league) and he can he create his own shot better than anyone not named Trae on this roster. He can also defend 4 positions well. Of course i'm not for overpaying for him like we would with Pascal, but if Portland wants to give us a good deal i'm all for it. Pascal would force JJ to convert to SF and is currently shooting 26% from 3 point range. Better player? Agreed. But not a better fit given his value for this roster.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
40 minutes ago, GameTime said:

Jerami is a better shooting/scoring/defending version of Hunter agreed. Jerami is an elite 3 pt shooter (one of the best in the league) and he can he create his own shot better than anyone not named Trae on this roster. He can also defend 4 positions well. Of course i'm not for overpaying for him like we would with Pascal, but if Portland wants to give us a good deal i'm all for it. Pascal would force JJ to convert to SF and is currently shooting 26% from 3 point range. Better player? Agreed. But not a better fit given his value for this roster.

You are really overselling Grant my dude. He's a lateral move from Hunter overall. Better offense worse defense. He's not averaging 20ppg for the Hawks, might not average more than 17

19 hours ago, Sothron said:

Been told the new wrinkle for a Siakam deal with the Raptors is them insisting on JJ in a deal. Really, really wish the team would just move on from the Raps. Look at the amount of trade chatter from that FO and how few actual trades are made. 

If JJ gets involved then they’d have to also trade us OG.

it would be a pretty big ass risk for us to take on two potential players that may walk in the offseason but that’s the only way I’d even consider trading JJ.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, JTB said:

If JJ gets involved then they’d have to also trade us OG.

it would be a pretty big ass risk for us to take on two potential players that may walk in the offseason but that’s the only way I’d even consider trading JJ.

I'm not doing that to pay them both $42 mil each.

• Like 2