• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

Yea, but does Presti like Trae's game? He's on a max, it would be a big commitment for them. Plus, SGA is doing a good job for them.  I don't see them making that trade in the near term. 

You move sga to sg. I don't want this to happen but I can see it 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

Yea, but does Presti like Trae's game? He's on a max, it would be a big commitment for them. Plus, SGA is doing a good job for them.  I don't see them making that trade in the near term. 

They will never make that trade

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
37 minutes ago, Sothron said:

😂  OKC wouldn’t touch Trae with a 10 foot pole.      They are one of the youngest teams in the league and they’re top 5-10 in offense AND defense.   Only thing they are lacking is rebounding and depth of size.

SGA is the perfect PG,no way they willingly take the ball out of his hand.   And no way they willingly take Dort’s defense out of the starting lineup.  He guards the other team’s best player so guys like SGA and JDub don’t have to.

Also Trae couldn’t play for OKC.  Their players move without the ball.   Pretty sure it’s in Trae’s contract that no one is allowed to even ask him to do that.   That’s the only explanation that makes logical sense to me at this point.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

I don't see it at all. Trae is the complete opposite of a Presti type of player.

If you look at Presti's draft history and how he constructs the roster dating back to the KD & Westbrook days he has always targeted long athletic players that are tall at their position.

28 minutes ago, Wretch said:

The most important thing to building a contender for me is timing

Trying to get Zion at draft time would have been nigh impossible.
Trying to get Zion now doesn't sound impossible and might actually be worthwhile for all parties.
Trying to get Zion {if he beats the stigma} becomes nigh impossible again.

Even if he isn't the answer, this is the kind of thing that moves the needle.  Much as I don't agree with @NBASupes trying to get rid of Trae, the Booker deal is something you consider given timing and circumstances.  Depending on the timing, it's not a reactionary move.  Same with Zion.  That's not reactionary, that's the door opening up on a franchise level talent.

Availability changes depending on timing.  I don't know how it is for other fanbases, but the Squawk (and even Hawks management) seems to always be waiting on the perfect timing (or the perfect serviceable big man) to make a deal.  These things don't exist..  What happens is we mark our sacred cows and we hold onto these assets for too long.

We are very fond of incremental change and tweaks.  I'm actually ok with tweaking the roster.  I'm with @Diesel.  I have faith in our core and I think we're close with the right mix of tweaks.  Regardless, I would gamble on a game changer like Zion.  I would pull that trigger with zero regrets.

^^This is "fat" Zion out here destroying the NBA.  I have zero concerns about his health, attitude, or rebounding if I could pair him with Trae in his prime.  If he's available, it's too good to pass up.  Even if it goes bad, it'll be like going out in an unholy blaze of glory...lol

Great post and I 100% agree with every point you made.

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Wretch said:

Trying to get Zion now doesn't sound impossible and might actually be worthwhile for all parties.

Even if he isn't the answer, this is the kind of thing that moves the needle.  Much as I don't agree with @NBASupes trying to get rid of Trae, the Booker deal is something you consider given timing and circumstances.  Depending on the timing, it's not a reactionary move.  Same with Zion.  That's not reactionary, that's the door opening up on a franchise level talent.

Availability changes depending on timing.  I don't know how it is for other fanbases, but the Squawk (and even Hawks management) seems to always be waiting on the perfect timing (or the perfect serviceable big man) to make a deal.  These things don't exist..  What happens is we mark our sacred cows and we hold onto these assets for too long.

We are very fond of incremental change and tweaks.  I'm actually ok with tweaking the roster.  I'm with @Diesel.  I have faith in our core and I think we're close with the right mix of tweaks.  Regardless, I would gamble on a game changer like Zion.  I would pull that trigger with zero regrets.

^^This is "fat" Zion out here destroying the NBA.  I have zero concerns about his health, attitude, or rebounding if I could pair him with Trae in his prime.  If he's available, it's too good to pass up.  Even if it goes bad, it'll be like going out in an unholy blaze of glory...lol

Agree.  At this point, why not?  

6 minutes ago, Sothron said:

The last serious talks we had with the Pelicans about Zion was turned into them trying to send us Ingram instead. Ingram has already said he wants out of NO.

Don’t realistically see what salary and players we can send for Pelicans that they want  for Ingram or Zion let alone we actually want them.

Edited by theheroatl

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Don’t realistically see what salary and players we can send for Pelicans that they want  for Ingram or Zion let alone we actually want them.

Murray, Capela, Hunter, AJ...I can keep going. There's definitely good matches between both teams if they wanted to go that way.

• Like 2

Honestly, it doesn't even matter.  Just do some dayum thang.  The freaking bar is so low.  You don't even have to be 10+ games over.500.  Can you be 2 games over?  4?  Either way, you're fine.  We can't even do that as is.

Just do a thing, atlanta.  Don't matter much what. (English?) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Nothing’s going to happen.

We are wasting our time talking about hypotheticals.

I think it’s easier to believe this organization meddles too much.  They make a move seemingly every offseason and trade deadline.  
Why do you believe nothing will happen?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Wretch said:

The Trae - Zion pick and roll would be one of the most exciting plays in the NBA. 

Give Trae to freakish athletes like Zion and JJ, who can also handle the ball, and let's see what happens.

100% on board with that.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Wretch said:

Oh man.........what!? Hold on.  I gotta turn the Zion-Trae music down a little so I can think clear lol
I mean, ideally you pair Trae with an impact big man, but...there's absolutely nobody higher on my wishlist than Brandon Ingram.  

💯!!! SAME  

How have we not heard about this before now? I’ve wanted BI for years, too! I thought there may have been a chance to get him within a year or so of him going to NOP, but then he blew up and I figured he’d be off limits after that. 
Is it too late to add to my Xmas list for this trade deadline?

• Thanks 1