• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

34 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

And if we had Huerter he could be part of this trade. And if we got any other asset back it would be too. Don't understand what your point is at all. I guess we should be happy we didn't cut him outright?

I don't think my point is very difficult to understand.  First round picks are the primary currency that facilitates trades.  Someone last year had the foresight to know giving up two picks for Murray means we have to replenish a bit of draft capital to stay relevant in future trades and drafts.  Without taking that action to move Huerter we don't have the actual assets required to even talk to teams about giving up a star player.  

Huerter wouldn't have made much of a difference last year.  We started 8-4.  Capela and Murray get injured and we are at 12-10 by the time Bogi comes back.  We traded for Bey and had the highest plus minus of just about any bench unit in the league after that.  AJ played close to as well as Huerter would have anyways until Bey knocked him out of the rotation.  The idea that Huerter would have saved our season is a complete pipe dream. 

We do need the pick to make a much bigger deal, though.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Kat/JJ/OO is a really nice and versatile front court rotation.  JJ at the 3 makes a lot of sense to me as well if we move there long term.

I also think it's a complete pipe dream to think they would trade KAT before the offseason.  They're not even a tax team this year. 

We've talked to them for years now about a KAT trade. It might emphasis MIGHT happen this offseason if the Twolves new ownership wants to get off KAt's salary for LT reasons. 

I would trade Murray in a KAT trade. 

I don't see it happening this season. I've said this before, Minnesota is having an awesome year and has a real chance for a title.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

He was interviewed by the outsiders. Actually kinda, cagey saw him rollin up and put up a closed sign 🪧 

In fairness, he looked like he was either gonna rob us or try to buy fentynyl.  Either way, it was a hard-pass for me..... 

• Haha 2

If the Hawks trade Capela it almost becomes a must that they replace him with another center.

If the Hawks trade Murray, they already have players available to replace him.  Kobe Bufkin and Trent Forrest.

Why do we continue to supposedly trade Capela?  Do we have to include him in order to move Hunter and Murray?

Sellers?  Not really.  Stirring the pot to produce different players with different skill sets?  Probably.

Hawks GM reported as being very busy, working the phones.  Yet, no deal.  Reason?  We ain't giving our players away!!

:smug:

• Like 2

I read a article somewhere (may have already been posted on here).  The article pointed out how the Hawks hold out too long to make trades happen and devalue their trades.  John Collins was used as a example.  They got nothing for him.  This thing with Siakam went too long.  The Hunter stuff for two years.  Now its Murray.  Bad moves on top of bad moves because the Hawks always find themselves not dealing with leverage.  Even though I like Hunter for instance and feel he is not the problem (he can benefit from going to a team which will feature him in set plays on offense), the longer they hold on to him, his value drops, same as Collins.  Its why teams want Johnson now.  They rather get the younger player with possible higher upside.  Now the Hawks are not dealing from leverage.

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Blockbuster!!!!! 

I was told Atlanta is serious about KAT and if Minnesota wants to move him for less money for Murray and picks. This is basically the rumored deal. This would save MIN a lot of money. 

I was told Minnesota doesn't want to trade KAT but will have to trade him due to the financial issues to maintain the current squad. 

I was told NY and Minnesota have been in talks for KAT. Even reached out to Atlanta but Atlanta wants KAT even more and see him as a perfect fit next to JJ and Trae. Sorry, JJ, not OO. 

fanspo-nba-trade-machine-snap_1-5-2024_12-13-26PM.png

I'd do this deal like yesterday!!!

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I’d love for this deal to happen but I see no logic for it happening today based on how their season is going. Seems more like something to visit in the off-season.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, theheroatl said:

This whole KAT talk is hilarious

wherever this rumor resurfaced from didn’t look at the western conference standings

try again

Yep.

I can't imagine Minny who has struggled to make the playoffs year after year, now playing well and a top seed in the West will trade KAT now. Can you imagine the fan blowback if they did then not make the playoffs? They also have new ownership that's trying to make a splash.

Now I will say:

1. if they start a significant slide over the next month (I mean an unmitigated disaster slide, a Detroit like losing streak), they may consider a trade since KAT's salary jumps from $32 to $50 mil next season. So you trade now to get better assists at $32 mil vs $50 mil.

2. A total flame out in the playoffs, I can see them making a move in the offseason to get under the tax.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, JustSomeGuy said:

Kuminga unhappy in Golden State. I’d ship them Hunter for him straight up if the rules allowed lol 

But why?  JJ is what Kuminga is supposed to be.  I'd take Moody ... I guess. 

Remember the last dude that couldn't get right for them.  Here's a hint, he's not a wise man.  I think Kerr is a bad coach but they ain't stupid.  They've not drafted well outside their big 3.  Kuminga may just suck. 

• Like 2