Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I have been told DJm could be gone literally as soon as he is eligible to be traded. 

I think Mikey and I are hearing the same things in terms of what to expect back in return. I'm not allowed to say anything more than that. Not sure if Mikey has the same restriction but if a source asks to keep something mum it stays that way. 

I can just say expect him to be gone as early as he eligible to be traded. I also now know why DJM signed the extension. I won't share that until he is no longer a Hawk because it would be moot at that point as to why he signed it. 

I hate sounding cryptic but I'm trying to let you guys and gal know what's going on without betraying sources confidence.

Edit: young player PLUS picks is what I am expecting at this point. I also have been told the FO has went from buyers to sellers for several other players now. Only Trae and JJ are safe. This could be a real cleaning out the locker room and making way for rookies and young guys to play the rest of the season.

Is this just a stand alone DJ trade?

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I have been told DJm could be gone literally as soon as he is eligible to be traded. 

I think he signed his contract July 9th or 10th.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
24 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I think Mikey and I are hearing the same things in terms of what to expect back in return. I'm not allowed to say anything more than that. Not sure if Mikey has the same restriction but if a source asks to keep something mum it stays that way. 

I can just say expect him to be gone as early as he eligible to be traded. I also now know why DJM signed the extension. I won't share that until he is no longer a Hawk because it would be moot at that point as to why he signed it. 

I hate sounding cryptic but I'm trying to let you guys and gal know what's going on without betraying sources confidence.

Edit: young player PLUS picks is what I am expecting at this point. I also have been told the FO has went from buyers to sellers for several other players now. Only Trae and JJ are safe. This could be a real cleaning out the locker room and making way for rookies and young guys to play the rest of the season.

Reading between the lines, everything is making sense now. All of it I think... 

• Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Since you can't say it I expect its because Murray signed the extension with a handshake deal with the FO  that if the Trae pairing along with the Quinn hire didn't work out and we get off to a bad start, we would work to send him to his desired destination. Maybe to another organization with a lot of Klutch clients (Lakers?).

That has to be the only explanation to why he signed such a team friendly team because the hawks HAD to work out some kind of deal with him because if Dejounte didn't sign the hawks were going to be screwed. Historically Klutch clients NEVER take discounts.

Reading between the lines, I don't think Hawk fans are going to be too happy with the return IMO but we will see.

16 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I'm glad the Hawks are taking this route. The hawks are too far down the standing and the east is too strong to make a short term win now move. Hawks needs to fundamentally rebuild the entire roster to fit Quin's style. No more band aids

I'm guessing going after a 3rd "star" route was no longer feasible once they realize Murray wanted out.

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Oh fk, rustle up the outsiders.   We gotta get ahead of this thing.  Who's got some ideas?  @Spud2nique?  Sober up, @warcore, all hands on deck.  Heyul, somebody dig up @Diesel's corpse, application for membership approved.  We need some ideas.  Follow Shames and Woj-less, just gotta be semi-plausible.  Go .... 

@JayBirdHawk grab our newest member @Mikey and let's all meet at the slam spot. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Oh fk, rustle up the outsiders.   We gotta get ahead of this thing.  Who's got some ideas?  @Spud2nique?  Sober up, @warcore, all hands on deck.  Heyul, somebody dig up @Diesel's corpse, application for membership approved.  We need some ideas.  Follow Shames and Woj-less, just gotta be semi-plausible.  Go .... 

Teams said to have an interest in DJ: Lakers, Sixers, Knicks??

Which young player and picks would you be interested in?

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, yungsta said:

Since you can't say it I expect its because Murray signed the extension with a handshake deal with the FO  that if the Trae pairing along with the Quinn hire didn't work out and we get off to a bad start, we would work to send him to his desired destination. Maybe to another organization with a lot of Klutch clients (Lakers?).

That has to be the only explanation to why he signed such a team friendly team because the hawks HAD to work out some kind of deal with him because if Dejounte didn't sign the hawks were going to be screwed. Historically Klutch clients NEVER take discounts.

Reading between the lines, I don't think Hawk fans are going to be too happy with the return IMO but we will see.

I'm glad the Hawks are taking this route. The hawks are too far down the standing and the east is too strong to make a short term win now move. Hawks needs to fundamentally rebuild the entire roster to fit Quin's style. No more band aids

I'm guessing going after a 3rd "star" route was no longer feasible once they realize Murray wanted out.

After they couldn't make a deal for the 3rd player they wanted and realized they couldn't improve the team they turned sellers.  A few weeks ago Tony was hesitant to get into LT territory without a sure thing in winning as a top 4 east team.  They tried to get Siakam in the spring and he won't sign an extension unless traded to Philly or NY.  It's rebuild time with the Hawks.  I personally don't think Trae is the answer but we will see.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

All-Star caliber young player and/or 1st round picks? 

27 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I suspect it's Rui, the salary of Reeves and really, really, sh!!!y picks. 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Knicks

Grimes/Achiuwa/2025 1st(they have 2)/2027 1st

Shooting and Size

Sixers

Paul Reed/Springer /2024 1st/2026 1st(they have 2)

Toughness and Perimeter D

Lakers

JVanderbilt/Reeves? 2025 1st/2026 1st

Defense and secondary playmaking

Are there Any more teams interested? lol

A lot of Hawks fans probably wont like the return, but it is what it is I guess....

Edited by terrell
  • Sad 2