• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

9 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Better question, if we get our picks back does that mean we can convince Travis to come back too?

“Just kidding about that DJ trade, Travis, no harm no foul, right?”

No thanks

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

You got a lot of that... right here... in this thread. 

It's the natural progression that if you trade DJ for picks, Trae is going to want out.   So I hope DeAndre is ready to be the leader of the Hawks in the near future. 

They'll have to flip those picks quickly to hopefully get another significant piece here.

The noise from outside media is going to get louder and louder, if the Hawks fail to bring some significant pieces here.  We can't keep waiting on kids to develop.

Even the 60 win Hawks were a rag tag group of free agents and nice mid level talents, that just happen to gel at the right time.  The only home grown dudes on that team were Horford, Teague, Schröder and Mike Scott.

Everybody is not going to develop.  And unless you're drafting in the top 10, it is very hard to find very good talents. You will get lucky every now and then.  But most mid to low 1st round picks are rotation players at best.

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

I would think that bringing in picks, keldon Johnson, grimes or Austin Reaves is not Trae's idea of helping the team contend. 

Trae really wants to play beside another player who can make an allstar team. 

Dre/AJ/Patty  for the rental of Siakam would work wonders for us ... simply because we'd get size and we'd get to see what can be done with a real big. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
24 minutes ago, AHF said:

If we are getting like the 22nd pick in this year’s draft I don’t put much value on that unless we can flip it.  You can always get lucky but most picks in the 20’s aren’t very good and this isn’t supposed to be a good draft so that lowers the odds further from an already bad baseline.  I’d need a young player who is almost worth DM by himself for me to be happy.  Not like NY’s 2024 pick and Grimes or something like that,

. Honestly what we should do is shelf Trae using his shoulder as an excuse, and tank for that #1 pick. Only shot in hell we'll ever have at picking up another All NBA guy. Then again pretty sure the lottery is rigged and the NBA hates Atlanta so maybe we are just shit out of luck forever. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

Wonder why he has went to the bench?

Great question. From an outside perspective it looks like they wanted more spacing in the starting lineup around Wemby. Champagnie was the guy inserted into the lineup in KJ’s place. KJ is .344 from 3 and Champagnie is shooting .391%

Other than that, Keldon is still playing the most minutes on the team at over 32 a night off the bench while Champagnie is still hovering just below 20 mpg as a starter, so it’s giving Ginobli vibes.

56 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

. Honestly what we should do is shelf Trae using his shoulder as an excuse, and tank for that #1 pick. Only shot in hell we'll ever have at picking up another All NBA guy. Then again pretty sure the lottery is rigged and the NBA hates Atlanta so maybe we are just shit out of luck forever. 

We have a brutal 7 games in 11 night stretch starting tomorrow.  Only 2 of those games are vs teams under .500.

But the injuries to Embiid and Haliburton have opened the door for the Hawks to possibly go on a 5 game win streak in these next 5 home games.  Anything less than 4 - 1 would be a colossal failure by this team.

It's not like the schedule coming up are teams you can put a for sure "L" beside our name.  All of these games are winnable the rest of the month.

image.png.338194ed1d06951f52122d8ce849baf9.png

These next 12 games will decide our season.  All of the home games are winnable.  No less than 8 - 1 at home, if they want to save this season.  Take 1 out of 3 on the road.  Hawks need to go 9 - 3 in this stretch to get back close to .500. 

13 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

We have a brutal 7 games in 11 night stretch starting tomorrow.  Only 2 of those games are vs teams under .500.

But the injuries to Embiid and Haliburton have opened the door for the Hawks to possibly go on a 5 game win streak in these next 5 home games.  Anything less than 4 - 1 would be a colossal failure by this team.

It's not like the schedule coming up are teams you can put a for sure "L" beside our name.  All of these games are winnable the rest of the month.

image.png.338194ed1d06951f52122d8ce849baf9.png

These next 12 games will decide our season.  All of the home games are winnable.  No less than 8 - 1 at home, if they want to save this season.  Take 1 out of 3 on the road.  Hawks need to go 9 - 3 in this stretch to get back close to .500. 

I agree with everything in principle. But in practice, without Quinn planning any changes to lineup or strategy, the front office not committed to winning this season, and with no one safe in these trade rumors, etc… I don’t see this team running on to the court with some newfound confidence and enthusiasm.

This team lost it’s fight in those 14 games Jalen missed. They realized how overmatched they were and there was no help from coaching or the FO to do anything about it.

We are in a big hole and our 2nd best player is on the outs. I guarantee the players in the locker room hear way more rumors on themselves than we do as fans. Not a single player feels committed to a winning cause this season. They don’t know if they will be here in a few weeks.

I want to be hopeful, but this season just ain’t it for the Hawks.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Let’s get Pascal and Smart in and CC Hunter Bey AJ or whatever combo that isn’t Trae JJ or OO. 

Again, this thing is flawed. We have Hunter/Bey Bogi/AJ too many dudes that’s 2/4 dudes that could go right there via trade.

I think we might need A COUPLE trades. 

Trae needs some rugged dudes like :

Pascal

Smart

Herb J.

Alvarado

Murph III

DFS

Royce O.

etc.

We have exactly a month left till the deadline. Let’s get it!! 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Kelden is Pop’s golden boy, that would be a major development if he not only trades him but includes the picks. Kelden is so beloved and overrated in SA that I am surprised Pop isn’t demanding a 1 for 1 swap. He is their “OG Anonouby” lol

Keldon isn’t that good defensively that’s what make this whole thing unexciting.

ive yet to see a offer that brings us back actual size which we need.

if the pelicans are interested in Murray as rumored the best offer to me so far is herb jones + 1st rd picks.

FO need to really focus on size around Trae. That’s an extremely important factor going forward if we are going to keep him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Let’s get Pascal and Smart in and CC Hunter Bey AJ or whatever combo that isn’t Trae JJ or OO. 

Again, this thing is flawed. We have Hunter/Bey Bogi/AJ too many dudes that’s 2/4 dudes that could go right there via trade.

I think we might need A COUPLE trades. 

Trae needs some rugged dudes like :

Pascal

Smart

Herb J.

Alvarado

Murph III

DFS

Royce O.

etc.

We have exactly a month left till the deadline. Let’s get it!! 

This x1000

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Sothron said:

Update: Spurs are probably the leading contender to get DJM at this point in time. They can not only offer our own picks back but have other real firsts and not fake firsts to offer. Keldon Johnson would be the most likely player coming back to us.

So would bringing back our picks point to a full blown rebuild?

• Like 1

• Premium Member

If the choice if hard or soft rebuild vs. one strong effort.  I would try one strong effort. 

Here's the thing.

Pascal Siakam has already told us that he will not resign.     He's not a good defensive player anymore.  He's a high usage player.  He doesn't shoot from outside that well.  

If we took him, it's a rental.  And  I am good with that as long as we control the terms of the rental. 

I would offer no more than AJ, Hunter, and Patty for Siakam. 

This lends itself to a starting 5 of:

CC/Siakam/JJ/DJ/Trae. 

Our depth is shot.   Siakam is leaving after this.  But with this 5...  Bufkin, Bey, Bogi, and OO off the bench...  what can we do?

This would be the experiment.   To see if we can win with DJ/Trae.   IF not, then in the offseason, move Siakam, move DJ, move CC or whoever... our level of play will determine what needs to be done. 

Now, if AJ becomes a star.   IF Hunter becomes a star...  Doesn't matter.  We knew that they were not going to be that here. 

I guess this plan is just giving ourselves a chance to see if it can really work.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I really like the length of Claxton and newfound defensive effort of Dennis Smith. Both are FA’s this offseason. Claxton could fit next to JJ or OO up front.

OO can go also..I like him but he's a in-between 

30 minutes ago, Diesel said:

If the choice if hard or soft rebuild vs. one strong effort.  I would try one strong effort. 

Here's the thing.

Pascal Siakam has already told us that he will not resign.     He's not a good defensive player anymore.  He's a high usage player.  He doesn't shoot from outside that well.  

If we took him, it's a rental.  And  I am good with that as long as we control the terms of the rental. 

I would offer no more than AJ, Hunter, and Patty for Siakam. 

This lends itself to a starting 5 of:

CC/Siakam/JJ/DJ/Trae. 

Our depth is shot.   Siakam is leaving after this.  But with this 5...  Bufkin, Bey, Bogi, and OO off the bench...  what can we do?

This would be the experiment.   To see if we can win with DJ/Trae.   IF not, then in the offseason, move Siakam, move DJ, move CC or whoever... our level of play will determine what needs to be done. 

Now, if AJ becomes a star.   IF Hunter becomes a star...  Doesn't matter.  We knew that they were not going to be that here. 

I guess this plan is just giving ourselves a chance to see if it can really work.

AJ will never be a star..bench player at max..he needs to go also

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, ABH said:

OO can go also..I like him but he's a in-between 

AJ will never be a star..bench player at max..he needs to go also

Not superstar.  Star. 

I think he can be a star.   I think he can be as good or better than say Mikal Bridges.   Last year when he was allowed to play, he had a lot of great offensive habits.   He was never rushed.  He had good mechanics on this shot.   He even had a middy to go with his consistent three ball.   He didn't have the defense.   The thing is that defense is usually the hardest thing for a young player to get.   But he has great size.  He has great technique.  His needs are defense and lateral quickness.   He can still get there. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member

I still dont see why the Spurs would effectively reverse the trade— if theyre that low on some of these young guys maybe we should be concerned?  Or are they afraid Wemby isnt going to put hp with losing for very long?

• Like 1