• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

If the Hawks happen to string together a few wins this weekend I predict DJ’s availability for trade will shift. Especially with the lack of value in return or fit on the receiving team for him. He is only open to being traded as long as it makes sense. Ball watching Lebron, playing next to Brunson, or playing in Toronto are not appealing to DJ I’m sure. 

With 4 winnable games coming up the locker room could feel much different in a week.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

If the Hawks happen to string together a few wins this weekend I predict DJ’s availability for trade will shift. Especially with the lack of value in return or fit on the receiving team for him. He is only open to being traded as long as it makes sense. Ball watching Lebron, playing next to Brunson, or playing in Toronto are not appealing to DJ I’m sure. 

With 4 winnable games coming up the locker room could feel much different in a week.

I hope you are right.

I’d be much more comfortable keeping DJ and trading Hunter and Clint for whatever we could get. 

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Why is Jody doing all this extra work? I said give him a couple more assignments not this much he’s gonna go into shock @kg01? Homeboy came off “on to the next” 

Let him ease into it unless you wanna see a grown man pull his hammie on squawk 🦜 

Don't let @Jody23 fool you.  He's low-key but one of the best on the site.  I peeped game when I seent that avatar.  Swag on top o' swag. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

For the record I think Jody is lethal and lethal is AHF and you might be in on this entire thing and keepin me in the dark.

I can go on all night sun ☀️.. Supes is JTB and Neicko, Shakes is Sturt (more obvious it could not be), warcore Akay and Salv are all part of that “they may already know me and be my friends and just hopped onto site to 👀 stalk me…

Are you catching the theme here.. 

{besides my conspiracy theories and the fact that I could be losin it} 😐 

I detect no lies.  I have a few I'm suspicious about but I know if I name names they gonna go to the mods.  Heh 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

warcore Akay and Salv are all part of that “they may already know me and be my friends and just hopped onto site to 👀 stalk me…

one of my friends actually did that like 15 years ago. I think he used the name @HarryDaHawk and just spat some nonsense. He was hoping some people would get into it with him for his own entertainment, but I guess everyone just looked at him like 

giphy.gif 

• Haha 4

TNT broadcast just name dropped DJ as the Lakers’ top trade target. Stating “the Lakers really want to add speed to their backcourt, the name to look out for, DeJounte Murray.”

Edited by RedDawg#8
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

TNT broadcast just name dropped DJ as the Lakers’ top trade target. Stating “the Lakers really want to add speed to their backcourt, the name to look out for, DeJounte Murray.”

Yearn-alism 101.  Like we sposed to take Russell and like it.  Lol 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member

If we end up with Reaves in a Murray trade Id lose all faith in the FO lol… that dude is a free throw merchant like no other and his whistle is going to dry up as soon as he leaves LA

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

If we end up with Reaves in a Murray trade Id lose all faith in the FO lol… that dude is a free throw merchant like no other and his whistle is going to dry up as soon as he leaves LA

Several teams are supposedly making offers. We certainly don't have to take the lakers deal if it's not to our liking. Unless it's a deal that clearly makes us better in the near future, I would decline. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Vol4ever said:

They playing with fire 🔥 if they get picks back.   Front office gonna end up loosing him. 

I agree.

Trae's mentality is just . . . "give me somebody I can hoop with".

That's why he vibes with JJ so much on the floor.  And willingly gives up the ball to get Bogi going.  And defers to DJ when he has it going.

Don't give him a bunch of "air" and "hope", and expect him to be happy with the direction we're going.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Vol4ever said:

Very dysfunctional ownership and front office.  I would consider acquiring Siakam on the rental.  He will leave in the summer.  I would say the asking price for him by Toronto has gone down.  At least he would come in and move the needle a little this last half of the season and give up hunter and a guard.  At this point i wouldn't move DJ unless a player of equal value comes back to us.  

That's what I've been saying since the summer.

As people applaud what JJ has done recently, Siakam brings that same type of play.

So what would the Hawks look like if you had TWO players who can play at that caliber?

Get Trae some high caliber players in here, and see what he can really do with those pieces. Just don't continue to give him mediocre players, and act like he can't elevate his team.  Give him what all the other star players have.

Edited by TheNorthCydeRises
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Yep, I was watching the game when they said that.  I just started laughing.

We don't want that Laker trash, unless they're willing to trade Lebron or AD.

• Like 1

Meh. I do not want Wiggins or Klay. I have major concerns about Wiggins and his desire to even play anymore. If he can’t play for Curry and the fans at GS - I don’t know how motivated he’ll be here. Didn’t look up his salary but i feel like he’s overpaid last time I did check. 

Klay is nice but no thanks. He’s older, doesn’t help us defensively, and he’s also disgruntled on a team with a high standard for success - not sure how inspired he will be here. He also doesn’t seem to be interested in mentoring a young team who has won nothing. 

we need strong vet players who can defend, shoot, and not allow Trae to be pushed around. Again, Murray is the least of my concerns for this team as long as he continues to attack the basket and play consistent defense. I’d much rather get rid of Clint / Hunter and start OO for now. I hope Landry is on the phone with Brooklyn because they have the defenders we could use imo. 

Edited by Bonzaii58

2 hours ago, Sothron said:

I really don't want Andrew Wiggins. I went through the Wiggins Experience in Minnesota before. One good to great game, three average to  bad games and the cycle repeats. No thanks. 

I had to do my own research on wiggins….I thought Wiggins had turned his career around after that championship season with the warriors but I see he’s back to minny Wiggins.

i assume he really was playing well that season cause he was in a contract year. That’s the rumor and what warrior fans seem to believe anyways.

Last season I see he missed most games because of spending time with his father which I completely understand. These guys are human and some people tend to forget that. If your parents are on their death bed it changes you. I know the feeling….

i guess for me I’m a little lost with Wiggins. Dude was absolutely amazing that last warriors championship season and even went to the all star game….then missed most games last season due to a family illness issue, and after he returns mid season last season up until now he hasn’t returned to all star Wiggins…..BUT are we sure this dude can’t get back to all star Wiggins ????

this board tends to call a lot or players ass but then when they end up in a different situation they are playing better than we expected. CJ Mccolumn, Randle, Jeremi Grant…..there’s others I just can’t recall.

i just hope this isn’t one of those situations where we can get Wiggins but choose not to then he goes somewhere else and start showing out. We get burned way too often.

• Like 2