• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

I originally had the Hawks trading Trae Young for Reaves and a couple of other players for Jalen Brown in a 3 team trade back in May of 2023.  A lot has changed obvioulsy since then.  The main point is the Hawks are NOT gonna deal with the Lakers unless Reaves is involved no matter how folks feel about Reaves.

"Hachimura and Reeves currently have cap holds which may or may not effect this trade as far as Boston wanting to possible add a 4th team to the mix in a sign and trade.  Beasley is under a team option.  This is the deal:

Atlanta trades Trae Young to the Lakers for Hachimura, Beasley, Reaves and the Lakers 1st round pick at 17 in this draft.  

Atlanta trades Hachimura, Beasley, Reaves and either their 1st round pick at 15 or the Lakers 1st round pick at 17 for Jalen Brown.  The cap numbers work for all three teams.  The Lakers are dealing from zero leverage as far as assets.  This is the best trade possible for the 3 teams involved.  Every one of these trades is about shaking up the status quo, which all three teams may be wanting to do this off season.  

This is a very preliminary look at this three team trade.  Boston and Atlanta might have options in this trade to substitute for instance, Beasley for Collins IF the numbers work with Collins. I like the deal straight up as is because the Hawks would be essentially trading Young for Brown and can reaccess the roster after that trade is done."

Edited by Hawkmoor

6 minutes ago, deester11 said:

Somebody..anybody...tell us what to think 😂😂😂. The rumors all suck and I'm not sure what direction this team wants to go.  There are about 4 useless pieces I'd trade for a jawbreaker and some Now&Laters. 

IMB_20190704072259_lGbI.gif

So far I haven’t heard one trade rumor that sounds appealing.  
Lottery magic is a little interesting.  Getting a top 4 pick would be nice.  
Nets can demand two firsts for DFS, Jazz ask for four picks for Markannen.  We get Wiggins, Grimes, or Reaves.  I don’t get it.  

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

So far I haven’t heard one trade rumor that sounds appealing.  
Lottery magic is a little interesting.  Getting a top 4 pick would be nice.  
Nets can demand two firsts for DFS, Jazz ask for four picks for Markannen.  We get Wiggins, Grimes, or Reaves.  I don’t get it.  

That is more media magic. The Hawks only get talked about when mentioning what other teams have offered for our players. The teams they like get their wants posted as the asking price. We don't actually know what LF is asking for for DJM. 

• Like 2

WHERE'S THE BEEF?

Remember this old commercial?  There has been a big excuse that no major Hawk trade was happening because someone involved could not be traded until January 15.  This excuse no longer has a life.  It's dead.  So, where is the trade?

I have read elsewhere that the trade of Murray was about to happen now!  Or, that Atlanta was on a fishing expedition, dangling Murray as bait to see what kind of results, offers, that were out there.  

Is it true or is it just a wild rumor we've heard?  Atlanta has three no-deal players and everyone else is on the market.  With the Hawks terrible record this season and another rumor that Snyder doesn't really like our roster, major upheaval could be just around the corner.  Or, knowing the Hawks, we quietly do nothing!!

:smug:

Edited by Gray Mule
  • Like 2

• Premium Member

This team is completely dead in the water. I see no problem with a full rebuild around Trae and JJ. Everyone should be gone for picks, young players etc. No need to add "veteran" pieces that will at best just help us to get to the 10th seed this year. We need to be tanking for a top pick and cap room, and trying to refill the future pick pantry that we foolishly pillaged to get DJM. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Hawkmoor said:

This... Luka averaging 33.6 points AND 8.1 rebounds per game.

Mavericks 23-17 record currently and 5.5 games back in the West.

icegif-882.gif

Yeah.. and Kyrie is average 25.2ppg 5.1 apg... shooting 42% from three.   And Derrick Lively III, their rookie is average 7.6 rpg and blocking 1.4 spg.   When you surround good players with Good players, you get good outcomes.  I don't see where Dallas is playing Mathews or anybody of that Ilk. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
57 minutes ago, AHF said:

We drafted Bill Russell in the pre-Atlanta days.  We drafted Pau Gasol and Luka.  These are all guys who are or will be HOFers.  We’ve obviously passed on plenty of HOFers.

The draft remains valuable but the point that it is really hard to land star talent is true.  That is why I want us to attempt to retool around Trae and JJ.  Quin came here to coach Trae.  Trae’s comments indicate to me that they have a good relationship going.  Let’s see what they can do together.   We can always tank in a few years when we own our picks again.

None of the guys you mentioned ever wore a Hawks Jersey.

Several teams make draft day trades and pick somebody for the other team!

You mentioned Gasol...  You must not remember?  Going into that draft, all of our focus was on Shane Battier.  Then we found out we could get Shareef. 

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Diesel said:

You mentioned Gasol...  You must not remember?  Going into that draft, all of our focus was on Shane Battier.  Then we found out we could get Shareef. 

I guess that I think we are being pedantic if we don't count Trae and Nique because they weren't technically drafted by us but we also don't count Luka or the others because they were technically drafted by us but were traded away.

I think you have to count one group or the other.  Who cares if we traded for a pick or not?  That counts as a drafted player to me the same as if we traded for the pick one day earlier and then announced the pick ourselves.  

I get the argument of not counting Gasol because we were basically picking for Memphis and we might have made a dumb draft choice and taken Battier or something if we had kept the pick.  But then you have to give us credit for Trae because Dallas was just drafting for us in the same way.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Diesel said:

The scope of your parameters is disingenuous. 
Any rookie acquired on draft day to play for the Hawks is more or less drafted by the team, even if another team makes the pick for us. That’s still the Hawks scouting that player and acquiring him because they value his talents and want him on the team. 
So Nique and Trae should absolutely count as stars “drafted” by the Hawks. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, benhillboy said:

Good GMs value high end role players almost like centerpieces when building a sustainable contender.  As amazing as Tatum is, Derrick White is the soul of the Celtics.  Slo Mo took ownership of being a leader, this is a large reason why Ant and the Wolves have made a huge leap.  OKC wouldn’t be stomping mud holes in folks had they traded Dort the many times he’s been rumored to be.  These Siakam, Towns types that Hawks fans covet will only pout when their touches decrease here and it carries over to worse screening and defensive effort.  

I mean, we’ve done this already.  Look at DJ.  Fresh off an AS selection.  He never screens or cuts and is useless at the POA.  This front office simply isn’t shrewd enough to know how to fit players together based on ball needs and defense strengths and weaknesses, Traes profile only exacerbates that significantly.

Underrated post of the year.

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

I want 7 … teen 😐 first rounders for @kg01. I think that’s fair based on market value.

#youwanthimthatbad #iaintgivinhimup

Tell em, squd.  Me and you hit the market but folks got sticker shock at the cost.  @NBASupes can be had but sites are waiting for him to hit the buyout market. 

39 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

This team is completely dead in the water. I see no problem with a full rebuild around Trae and JJ. Everyone should be gone for picks, young players etc. No need to add "veteran" pieces that will at best just help us to get to the 10th seed this year. We need to be tanking for a top pick and cap room, and trying to refill the future pick pantry that we foolishly pillaged to get DJM. 

i see one problem.  Our front office and (cl)ownership can't tie their bubble gum and chew shoes at the same time.

:Korver: I won't stand for this slander much longer, kg. 

Aiight, well sitcho a** down, Kial. 

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I will be playing Warhammer 40k all day with two buddies at my  house. I will have my phone with me. I will update if I can but honestly my attention will be on trying to win Warhammer 40k

:er:....😟.....whaaat??? 

Do your job 'Ron :spank:

• Haha 4