• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Bucks

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

Same stuff, different day for the Hawks' side of the Boo-Boo Report.

Villa Rican forward Jae Crowder remains Out after mid-November surgery to address groin and abdominal tears. Speedy rookie Andre Jackson has been dealing with back spasms and is listed as Questionable, although he did make it to the third quarter of Thursday's game in Chicago.

Milwaukee's October loss to the Hawks is their sole defeat thus far at Fiserv (8-1 at home), where they've won their past seven. Atlanta's victory also pulled the all-time series head-to-head into a 117-117 deadlock.

Try to keep Dame (8.4 FTs/game. 2nd in NBA) off the free throw line, but also don't let him sink 15 threes tonight. That would move Lillard into 5th all-time in made three pointers with former Buck/Hawk Kyle Korver (2.450 3FGs). 15 assists from Lillard would move the NBA75'er into the Top-60 in all-time dimes dropped, ahead of Jeff "Hi Kids!" Hornacek.

At the risk of a jinx, the Hawks (75) are 8 games away from surpassing Coach Bud and the Bucks' Feb. 2019 - Feb. 2020 streak of triple-digit scoring tallies (83). First place, appropriately, is damn-the-torpedoes Doug Moe's 1981-1982 Nuggets (136). 

~lw3

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, BrazilianHawk said:

Hawks might be the most unclutch team in the History of the NBA... losing 99-98 at the end of the 3rd, then this... 

image.png

:ahf:

I was flipping in my chair at the shots Bogi was missing in the fourth.  Two straight “open” looks (by his standards), both flat and short.  Then a perfect rhythm look that rimmed out.

But anyway, the Hawks were expected to lose by 7 and they did.  On to the next one in this epic quest for mediocrity.  When this team is finally deconstructed I’ll look back and marvel at how consistently they alternated wins and losses and how they failed to cover the spread in an eventual loss as an underdog 70-something times in a row.  I’m not sure but it may be more and still ongoing.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
On 12/2/2023 at 3:41 AM, Sothron said:

Saddiq Bey is the worst defensive forward I might have ever seen. Keep in mind his draft profile was as a gritty tweener 3 & D floor wing. That was his FLOOR. He is so bad on defense you can't write enough about it.

On 12/1/2023 at 11:17 AM, kg01 said:

Defensive instincts are so lacking for certain guys it's crazy........ I be watching Bey like, "dude go over there.  No, not there.  THERE!  STOP WATCHIN THA BAWL!!!"  

Another Bey special: :blanky:  :blanky:  :blanky:

......he ends up guarding no one. Just lost on where to be and what to do.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 4

I thought it was a good loss overall and we played well. No loss is a good loss but we were in it the entire time and we were running really well in transition. Playing a team like the Bucks that well on the road and coming up short the way we did, I’m not mad at all. 

Leep gettin it Hawks, next one is ours.

Go Hawks!!!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Trae and DJ finally had a good game together except the last 5 minutes when they both struggled 

One of the better losses to me if there is such a thing. We run beautifully in transition and the offense looks really set up nicely.

Key in on D.

Trae has become a pretty crafty lil defender, improved immensely our lil mitten 🧤 😃 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Another Bey special: :blanky:  :blanky:  :blanky:

......he ends up guarding no one. Just lost on where to be and what to do.

As poor as he is on that end I cant knock Bey too tough, he has the best 100 possession rating of any non-center on the team and an on/off net second to only Jalen.  His True Shooting, loose ball hustle, and offensive rebounding pay significant dividends.

And I just realized he’s only making $4.5 mill.  He’s an exceptional value.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Our greatest struggle at the moment is defense and getting back door cut is one if them.

Yes he's making $4.5 mil but was asking for $20 mil this past offseason.

I hear you, I don’t follow all the contract talks.  I like Bey but he done bumped his mf head with that one.  Lilliard is clocking $60 milly as he chaperoned Trae to a layup on a slow break so it’s all relative lol.  I don’t know how Adrian Griffin didn’t chew him like a stick of Trident after that one it was so egregious.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2