• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Bucks

lethalweapon3

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Our greatest struggle at the moment is defense and getting back door cut is one if them.

Yes he's making $4.5 mil but was asking for $20 mil this past offseason.

Bucks shot 60% from the field and 42% from 3.

Hard to fathom with our lockdown Defense right? smh

4 hours ago, benhillboy said:

I was flipping in my chair at the shots Bogi was missing in the fourth.  Two straight “open” looks (by his standards), both flat and short.  Then a perfect rhythm look that rimmed out.

But anyway, the Hawks were expected to lose by 7 and they did.  On to the next one in this epic quest for mediocrity.  When this team is finally deconstructed I’ll look back and marvel at how consistently they alternated wins and losses and how they failed to cover the spread in an eventual loss as an underdog 70-something times in a row.  I’m not sure but it may be more and still ongoing.

Bogi is 3rd in points and steals, while being 6th in min... lol

He plays 10 min less than Trae and Murray while being the 3rd best player on the team imo...

I just dont get it if he's healthy...Give this man 30 + min a game...

I mean, You got Dre out here giving us ONE rebound in 31 min.. Geez

Hell, OO playing just as many min as Bogi , and all he's done this year is Cardio mostly... smh

Kings are winning so we should have a chance to draft 2 BIGS in rd 1 next draft and hopefully hit on one.. Dont let me down LF....

I Cant take much more of Capela and OO

Most of Clints rebounds come from the little tips where he just keeps tipping it up and missing. I'd prefer he just grab one of those and either dunk it or pass it back out. Good grief

Edited by terrell

5 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Another Bey special: :blanky:  :blanky:  :blanky:

......he ends up guarding no one. Just lost on where to be and what to do.

Wow.  This is a travesty.  How do you leave a guy wide open under the basket.  He was standing there wide open for like 5 seconds.

• Sad 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JeffS17 said:

This thread only shows two pages for me.  Anyone else have that issue?  I see quoted comments that aren't showing up for me

Same, I just assumed everyone else was watching football lol

• Haha 1

No major issue with how the game went last night.  Hawks fought hard for 3.75 quarters.  Hawks only shot 7 - 24 in the 4th, with Trae and Bogi missing good looks.

I like the big lineup with OO and Clint in the game.  Even if OO is an offensive liability when having to stand in the corner, his presence with Clint does help our defense.  Kind of wished that Quin had the guts to finish the game with a big lineup.   I think those two were ( -7 ) for the game, but that's only because Milwaukee scored 5 quick points after we had tied the game at 114.

It'll be very interesting to see what the Hawks do on December 15th.  While our defense definitely needs fixing, we also don't have a frontline go to scorer that can help Trae and DJ out at the end of games.

Trae, JJ and DJ are going nowhere.  Everyone else is trade bait.

Edited by TheNorthCydeRises
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Plainview1981 said:

They need to just have a fire sale.

Both the Toronto and Atlanta fan bases want their GM/Ownership to make a move.

Masai needs to understand that he's not going to get a landslide offer, and Landry needs to not be apprehensive to move a rotation piece.

As both teams swim in the "Pool of Mid", both teams also need to shake things up.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Both the Toronto and Atlanta fan bases want their GM/Ownership to make a move.

Masai needs to understand that he's not going to get a landslide offer, and Landry needs to not be apprehensive to move a rotation piece.

As both teams swim in the "Pool of Mid", both teams also need to shake things up.

Not more of this Siakam Mess.   Siakam is starting his roll down the hill.   He doesn't improve our defense and maybe won't improve our rebounding.   He will be a loss of rotational players and maybe a FRP and us trying to recoup value...and having to resign him for the rest of his downward slide. 

I watched the game.  Hawks played well until late in the 4th quarter.  Then, like an ice cube dropped on the street in Atlanta in August, the offense just simply melted away.  Quiet suddenly, or so it seemed, nothing!

Skyhawks continue to win.  Hawks don't.  

:bb:

Edited by Gray Mule
  • Like 1

• Moderators
13 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

It'll be very interesting to see what the Hawks do on December 15th.  While our defense definitely needs fixing, we also don't have a frontline go to scorer that can help Trae and DJ out at the end of games.

yep

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Watched the game last night.  A solid effort for the most part although the issues defensively continue.  It's also not a surprise that the offense falls off a cliff late in games when guys abandon the offense and start going iso.  Trae and D.J. have to realize that they can still be aggressive WITHIN the offense in the fourth quarters.  On the next one 💯!!!

• Like 2

20 hours ago, AtLaS said:

Wow.  This is a travesty.  How do you leave a guy wide open under the basket.  He was standing there wide open for like 5 seconds.

That gave me heartburn.  Like ... why?  Where are you?  What are you doing?

I wanted Bey to excel but it's looking dubious.  That roster spot is one that HAS to give us something defensively.  He just doesn't, sadly.

Too bad he can't really be traded for an upgrade on D. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

That gave me heartburn.  Like ... why?  Where are you?  What are you doing?

I wanted Bey to excel but it's looking dubious.  That roster spot is one that HAS to give us something defensively.  He just doesn't, sadly.

Too bad he can't really be traded for an upgrade on D. 

Bey has disappointed since JJ went down.  I know he's not as good as Jalen, but he's not sufficient as a replacement.  

• Sad 2

34 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Bey has disappointed since JJ went down.  I know he's not as good as Jalen, but he's not sufficient as a replacement.  

It makes me sad.  We need toughness.  Somebody get me some toughness.  Trae cannot be the toughest guy on the team.  I thought Bey would bring that.  He does sometimes but not always. 

Who's available out there?  We shoulda signed Uncle Jeff Green.  Like I said in the tpe thread, go get Jevon Carter.  CHI ain't even using him. 

• Like 3