• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at 76ers

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

Philly PD never even tried to bring poor HitchBOT's killer to justice, so I'm inclined to take the aloof Kelly Oubre at his word when he insists his Schwinn got sideswiped about a mile down the road in Center City. He returned against the Wizards and eventually led the way in bench scoring (12 points) after a rough opening half.

That clears the Sixers' side of the Boo-Boo Report, as their two-way players are on G-League duty. Trae's illness (still listed as Questionable) remains the only new smudge on the Hawks' side.

Despite dropping three of their past four away games, Atlanta's six road wins remains tied with a bunch of teams for second-most in the NBA East (MIA is up to 7-6 after throttling the Raps in Toronto on Wednesday). FWIW, Philly is 6-4 away from home, but like most of these teams, they are break-even or better as hosts (ATL 3-6).

Anything more than 99 points tonight moves the Hawks into a tie with both the Sixers and Knicks of 1966-67 for the 7th-longest triple-digit team scoring streak in league history. Where the 100+ points-allowed streak ranks all-time, obviously, is unreported.

The Hawks somehow lead the all-time H2H versus the Syracuse Nats/76ers franchise, 179-174, and the Sixers will need more than their current four-game winning streak against Atlanta in order to pull even.

~lw3

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Kevin Hart.

🤔 sorry I just pictured him jumping on Lebron or something in the finals if Sixers met the Lakers.. 😂 

22 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

At least Kevin Hart made moves in the offseason to, as he put it, build anticipation for the Hawks’ basketball season. Landry Fields and Swiss Family Ressler stashed the back of the roster with future coaching assistants and unutilized rookies, then left it to Quin Snyder to figure a way to make the young returnees useful in his rotations.

Preach ..

23 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Yet AJ Griffin (DNP-M.I.A. last 3 games) and Onyeka Okongwu,

They need burn 🔥 if we doing anything later on in the season get them some minutes.

23 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

But please, Landry, Think Responsibly.

And drink 🍹.. oh I see what you did there. Messin wit the lyrical genius who I think I is? 🤨 #lethalonestepahead #manythanks

It won’t be easy by any means.. in Philly, I don’t consider Hart, when I think of Philly I still think where lw3 to me to go for cheesesteaks authentic style so it’s his 🌍 really..

Go Hawks!!!!!

Vegas has Philly -9.5

2k result Sixers by 1. 😞 Let’s prove me wrong 😂 

IMG_1782.jpeg

IMG_1781.jpeg

IMG_1780.jpeg

IMG_1779.jpeg

IMG_1778.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Can't wait to see Quin's lineup choices. I'm guessing Bogi starts.

DJ, Bogi, Hunt, Bey, CC.

Is this the AJ breakout game? Or expect to see more Mat(t)hews', Forrest (I expect to see him minutes at PG), Mills etc. 

It would do everyone a world of good if AJ could get in the game and play well.  

But if he gets min and stinks it up...................... He may never see the floor again this season.. smh

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
41 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

The Law of Mid states that even without Trae, the Hawks will tonight.

We have not fallen 3 games below .500 since Jan 11th of last season, when we lost to Milwaukee.

Is Philly more powerful than the LAW OF MID?

NO!

Take the friggin' Hawks STRAIGHT UP!

No JJ, no Trae and now a Northcyde jinx against the even if we were healthy much better than us Sixers? Gonna have to skip this one with too much shit going on. Hope you guys get to enjoy a miracle win. 

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

No JJ, no Trae and now a Northcyde jinx against the even if we were healthy much better than us Sixers? Gonna have to skip this one with too much shit going on. Hope you guys get to enjoy a miracle win. 

One man's jinx, is another man's treasure.

Wasn't her name Jinx?

image.png.f3ba81ad0c97104adf4e18d15a890942.png

Recipe for victory:

DJ - 28+ point game

Bogi - 4+ threes

Embiid - less than 50% FG

Sixers - 112 or less points

Hawks bench scrub - 10+ points

Maxey & Harris - less than 37 points

Clint & OO - 20+ rebounds

12 - 20+ combined pts + rebs

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

One man's jinx, is another man's treasure.

Wasn't her name Jinx?

image.png.f3ba81ad0c97104adf4e18d15a890942.png

Recipe for victory:

DJ - 28+ point game

Bogi - 4+ threes

Embiid - less than 50% FG

Sixers - 112 or less points

Hawks bench scrub - 10+ points

Maxey & Harris - less than 37 points

Clint & OO - 20+ rebounds

12 - 20+ combined pts + rebs

Did you just share your 8x parlay prop bet?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Premium Member

The last foul call on OO was bad.  And this continued nailing of AJ to the bench is now past annoying.  Player development was supposed to be a big priority for the new coach.  He's not doing his job in that respect.

• Thanks 1