• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Cavaliers

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

Thanks to Atlanta getting its act together, especially on defense, in Toronto last night, Mr. Fernando did get a minute of closeout floor burn last night! Bravo, Bruno! Might our Angolan Nightmare get some run-of-play action tonight, with Onyeka and Clint (no foul trouble last night @ TOR; 26 combined Rebs to the Raps' 32) starting together on a SEGABABA? Perchance to dream.

Meanwhile, Ev-Mobley's extended downtime surely ascends Dame Dilla (2.5 MP in CLE's last 10 games) up the Cavs' center depth chart, right? Right?

Already operating without Ricky Rubio and Ty Jerome, Garland's injury only entrenches the ball in the hands of Mitchell (42.2 FG%, 29.4 3FG% in last 10 games) and Caris LeVert further. Still, keep an eye out for two-way guard Craig Porter. The rookie had 21 points in relief of the injured Mitchell last month, when the Cavs toppled the Nuggets. In his last game, filling in for LeVert, he played 22 bench minutes and was a positive factor during Cleveland's last win, at Miami.

~lw3

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Dean Wade!

I’m playing 2K with my nephew he’s the Cavs, he said let me know who’s tired so I can sub them in and out. 

Anyways, on a timeout he says whose on the bench..

I said..

Levert, Okoro and D Wade.

He said “D WADE… ON THE BENCH!!!!!” BRAHHHHH BRAHHHHH, Yo we can’t have D Wade on the bench that’s why I’m losing.” Get him in there!!!!

Me: You got it lil buddy! You want D Wade you gon git some D Wade! 🤭 🤭 

You guys ever think Gabrielle makes that mistake in bed 🛌 wit Wade? 🤨 😂 🤣 

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

With no Mobley, I hope Quin isn't tempted to abandon the BIG lineup. Play them, they need time together and it helps to clog the lanes on opponents drive, more rim resistance. I think they help each other avoid foul trouble.

Last time, it was Mitchell that was torching us.   Tonight, we have to do all in our power to avenge that loss.   They ran up the score on us for sake of the IST.   Tonight, it's payback and it's personal!  I say run the big lineup for the practice but let us also put as much pressure on Spyda as we can.   He still has a collection of shooters that will be on the floor with him. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

With no Mobley, I hope Quin isn't tempted to abandon the BIG lineup. Play them, they need time together and it helps to clog the lanes on opponents drive, more rim resistance. I think they help each other avoid foul trouble.

If we are going to continue to play the Capela-OO front court, then we need another center not named Bruno IMO. 

58 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

AJ personal reasons out.

Personal reasons for 3 straight games? TF is going on?? 

Edited by terrell

26 minutes ago, terrell said:

Personal reasons for 3 straight games? TF is going on?? 

I'm worried it has to do with Quin not playing him and he's all in his feelings about where he's at. 

I may be alone in this but I suspect the FO and Quin have discussed a need to showcase Garrison and Wes because they're nice filler for a trade. If that's the case, I would hope someone communicated that to AJ. I suspect by the trade deadline AJ will be getting minutes like he was. 

• Like 1