• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Pistons at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Mikey said:

Why can't we get Cade and use Murray as the piece to get him? Murray wants to be the guy and gets his own team to do that + they had interest in Dre before. Cade reputation as a player and what he has done so far is in the mud.

While I'm not a fan of Cade, I would MUCH rather go down this path if we were going to make a play for him.  Still think having a shooting guard who is a terrible shooter is a bad fit for Quin but if Snyder believes he can mold the young man then at least take the gamble while giving up a package centered around DM rather than Trae.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, AHF said:

While I'm not a fan of Cade, I would MUCH rather go down this path if we were going to make a play for him.  Still think having a shooting guard who is a terrible shooter is a bad fit for Quin but if Snyder believes he can mold the young man then at least take the gamble while giving up a package centered around DM rather than Trae.

Im not sold on Cade personally either but its definitely in his best interest to be moved off ball into a secondary playmaker role. Im just saying why are we trading Trae versus Murray 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Im not sold on Cade personally either but its definitely in his best interest to be moved off ball into a secondary playmaker role. Im just saying why are we trading Trae versus Murray 

This.  Cade is an interesting player, but you don't trade Trae for him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Why can't we get Cade and use Murray as the piece to get him? Murray wants to be the guy and gets his own team to do that + they had interest in Dre before. Cade reputation as a player and what he has done so far is in the mud.

Detroit not trading Cade for Murray. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Because Murray can't get us anyone better for him. His value is basically what we traded to get him. Picks. We don't need a picks for player deal. We need a player that can be a top 25-50 player that fits. Right now, Murray and Trae don't fit. Both need to be PGs. 

56 minutes ago, Diesel said:

So because of that, you want to trade... OUR BEST PLAYER... One of the best players in the league.. for a guy whose only advantage over him is that he's taller?  You must be a Spurs fan!

I don't think he is a superstar. I don't think he's him. 

• Premium Member
35 minutes ago, Mikey said:

what pieces that don't involve Trae do you really think Detroit would trade Cade for.   

And maybe we should do this trade BEFORE we play them and he lights us up for 40+.  Last night alone probably added a FRP to the equation.

Just now, shakes said:

what pieces that don't involve Trae do you really think Detroit would trade Cade for.   

And maybe we should do this trade BEFORE we play them and he lights us up for 40+.  Last night alone probably added a FRP to the equation.

None of them. They know it too. 

And furthermore, let's be honest.  If he was 'HIM' or anything close to it, they would not be challenging for the all time losing streak.  IDGAF how bad their roster is or who their missing.  They have enough talent to fall into winning a game here and there against a team that's not paying attention. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
Just now, NBASupes said:

None of them. They know it too. 

I'm waiting for a "bench for Shaq" type proposal. That's a saying me and a buddy came up with in the 90s when morons would calll Chicago sports radio and offer up Cliff Levingston, Stacey King, Craig Hodges, Jud Buechler and some other scrub for a very young Shaq.

Started calling all homer one sided trade proposals a "bench for Shaq" type deal.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

This.  Cade is an interesting player, but you don't trade Trae for him.

It even makes less sense since you'd have to make a decision regarding an early extension this offseason.

If players don't fit around your star....move them, not him. :blanky: .......Or move the star plus stuff for a much bigger star. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
Just now, kg01 said:

And furthermore, let's be honest.  If he was 'HIM' or anything close to it, they would not be challenging for the all time losing streak.  IDGAF how bad their roster is or who their missing.  They have enough talent to fall into winning a game here and there against a team that's not paying attention. 

cool, now apply that same HIM logic to Trae being in year 6 with a team that is now 11-15 and going nowhere.     This should be interesting watching KG turn himself into a pretzel.

• Sad 1

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

It even makes less sense since you'd have to make a decision regarding an early extension this offseason.

If players don't fit around your star....move them, not him. :blanky: .......Or move the star plus stuff for a much bigger star. 

Everyone on this roster can be traded to me. Would I rather trade to make us better with Trae, sure but nothing is out there that's logical and financially feasible long term

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I never said Cade was him. I don't think he's him. I don't think any of these guys are him. 

1 minute ago, shakes said:

cool, now apply that same HIM logic to Trae being in year 6 with a team that is now 11-15 and going nowhere.     This should be interesting watching KG turn himself into a pretzel.

Lies detected.  We should be better.  Full stop.

Now squirm back to your man-cave with all that new OKC gear you're waiting to unbox.  I hope you got extra-smedium shirseys with the sleeves cut off to show off your mus-kals. 

:Bob: Sun's out, guns out, kg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Lies detected.  We should be better.  Full stop.

Now squirm back to your man-cave with all that new OKC gear you're waiting to unbox.  I hope you got extra-smedium shirseys with the sleeves cut off to show off your mus-kals. 

:Bob: Sun's out, guns out, kg

OKC has really ugly colors and gear, might have to pass on that.  Or just get some Chet underoos so no one can see them, but I know I'm wearing them.

I think you meant "no lies detected" or at least you forgot to identify said lies.

12 hours ago, Diesel said:

Oh, so now it's not  awin.. but it's a "Quality" Win.

Tell me about those Quality Losses some times. 

[ ]

[You] said it was a "great" win barely beating a team on a 23 game losing streak.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

It's not really that dumb.  Trae is a great scorer... I wouldn't argue that he isn't.  But when refs start swallowing their whistles late in the game, he has a really hard time self-creating.  We see it over and over man... he jacks up a lot of shots that might as well count as turnovers late in the game.  If he isn't getting to the line in crunch time, we usually struggle to close out games.  This one wasn't really different in that regard, just the Pistons are one of the worst teams in NBA history.

It's not even a knock on Trae so there's no reason to get defensive about it, he's just small and requires a ton of space to get a clean look off.  

"No reason to get defensive about it" 

Yeah right... lol