• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Pistons at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
37 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Hawks in 5th place in the East.

i like it.  not even going for 6th place, saying screw it and going for 5th.

We'll see.  Hope we can bump this and I can tell you how right you were and how wrong I was.  Not betting on that happening, but hoping.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, AHF said:

@Diesel and @terrell

We are done debating about posters.  No debate about who is a real fan.  Who is fake or real.  Who is a homer or a hater.  Etc.  Etc.  

Talk basketball not about each other.

How many times have yall told him this? Hes not going to stop.. Its what he does.....I always post about basketball..Im just gonna try try to ignore him like I was told to do a long time ago... 

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

I took Mikey off ignore, he's been good so far. I have to say I think you are too negative in general. I don't know about the real fan or not. There's one outright troll on this board I will never take off ignore and  you aren't him so take that FWIW. 

• Haha 1

• Premium Member

I took the trade for Cade was just something to talk about. 

You don't trade an all NBA type player for a player who is the leader of a team that is 0-24 in their last 24 games.   Cade is out of position. If he were moved to the 2, he would get eaten alive.   That's what Detroit deals with everyday.  They deal with the fact that they have a 6'6" OG who can't be a 2 defensively or offensively.  Their one hope is that they get a Point Forward or a SG who has strong PG ability to play beside Cade.. and just be really big.   That's really not DJ.  Some would think that DJ having similiar issues as Cade would be a good match for Cade.. but neither of them are a pure PG.   It would be a horrible mix.   Detroit should be somewhere trying to trade for Derrick White or SGA.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Funny you should mention Tanking/Rebuilding:

Want your NBA team to rebuild? Take a good, long look at the Pistons first

Here’s the thing: Fans of any non-elite team always want to talk about tearing it down and rebuilding. In their mind, it implies quick draft lottery riches and then a speedy return to glory. But sometimes rebuilding doesn’t go like that. Sometimes teams don’t hit on a star and end up wandering the desert for years and years.

Mismanagement and personnel mistakes are big factors, too, of course. But the simple reality of any rebuilding situation is this: Until a team hits on a star player, the rebuild hasn’t really started yet.

Winning the lottery in 2021 netted them Cade Cunningham, a solid player who could probably thrive in a more complementary role........

.......Cunningham’s struggles to gain separation and turnover issues cap his ceiling and make it highly unlikely he’ll never be that dude, but he should be better than he’s shown in the first third of the season.

Hawks need complimentary pieces around Trae, NOT trade him for complimentary pieces. Who wants a team on complimentary pieces? Not me!

Look at the Kings. They were out of the playoffs for almost TWENTY YEARS. And they still only got in because they traded a budding star in Haliburton for an established All Star in Sabonis.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Look at the Kings. They were out of the playoffs for almost TWENTY YEARS. And they still only got in because they traded a budding star in Haliburton for an established All Star in Sabonis.

Just imagine... They had Fox and Haliburton.  Both guys are now top PGs in the league. That's what you call a fair trade. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Just imagine... They had Fox and Haliburton.  Both guys are now top PGs in the league. That's what you call a fair trade. 

Which is a great example for why you draft BPA, not for need. 
If given a chance, how many here would rather draft him instead of OO, then flip him a year and a half later for Sabonis? He sure would be nice on this team. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Wait what?  This league is a joke.  I had to go back and look at it.  Trae got a technical for arguing after getting fouled on a play.  They called Capela for an illegal screen when he didn't even touch the defender.  So it seems they are rescinding the technical because the officials botched the foul call.  How does that make any sense if the tech was for too much arguing.  You're allowed to get a tech if you're later proven correct in your argument?   

I'm happy it got rescinded but this makes no sense. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
40 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Wait what?  This league is a joke.  I had to go back and look at it.  Trae got a technical for arguing after getting fouled on a play.  They called Capela for an illegal screen when he didn't even touch the defender.  So it seems they are rescinding the technical because the officials botched the foul call.  How does that make any sense if the tech was for too much arguing.  You're allowed to get a tech if you're later proven correct in your argument?   

Maybe they decided the way he argued wasn't tech worthy?  Not sure.  Might be a way of trying to bury big screwups by the refs as well if people aren't getting techs in response to them botching it.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

My personal takeaway? It pays to argue with the refs! 

Read em and weep @JeffS17

• Haha 4

• Premium Member
30 minutes ago, SalvorMallow said:

My personal takeaway? It pays to argue with the refs! 

Read em and weep @JeffS17

Trae made a lifelong enemy with that chubbier white ref in the Pistons game.  Watched that ref develop a lifelong hatred in those 48 minutes.  Save this comment because when that guy screws us over in the future youll remember why.

Mike Brey can only do so much damage control, and I watch him try to smooth over ref situations every game.  Hes always coming in after the fact to level set with the ref

• Haha 4

16 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

Trae made a lifelong enemy with that chubbier white ref in the Pistons game.  Watched that ref develop a lifelong hatred in those 48 minutes.  Save this comment because when that guy screws us over in the future youll remember why.

Mike Brey can only do so much damage control, and I watch him try to smooth over ref situations every game.  Hes always coming in after the fact to level set with the ref

Trae ain't got no ref-friends, jeffy.  Let's not pretend here. 

• Haha 1