• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Kings

lethalweapon3

Just now, Sothron said:

I watched the game. KAT was incredible. No one else really showed up. Ant was sick going into the game and it showed. Blaming KAT for losing that game is crazy. He was the only reason they lead practically the entire game until late in the 4th.

I thought KAT was incredible offensively but defensively, he looked like bad KAT of years past. He in particular was doing nothing on D.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Packfill said:

I don't understand what is going on with AJ that he can't get 15 minutes in a game like this.  No Trae, no Hunter, down early so seems like a good time to get him 15 minutes of run.

Im thinking he's done here for whatever reason....

Edited by terrell

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

His coach wasn't thrilled though:

the timberwolves coach was NOT PLEASED with KAT trying to score a billion points. KAT got 60. Coach calls him 'immature' post-game. Was also subbing out KAT for defense at the end of the game and apparently KAT had some dirty looks on his face.

Exactly what we need here..

Another your turn, my turn guy who stinks at Defense.........

Bring him home.. 😅

Edited by terrell
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, terrell said:

Bring him home.. 😅

In some respects it does seem like a terrible pairing with Trae.  

Hawks need a culture setter.

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I watched the game. KAT was incredible. No one else really showed up. Ant was sick going into the game and it showed. Blaming KAT for losing that game is crazy. He was the only reason they lead practically the entire game until late in the 4th.

First of all, I don't know who told you I was bad mouthing the wolves, but  snitches get stitches. 

And I'll blame who I want to blame, my good sir.  This is the internets, I don't have to be right. 😄

10 minutes ago, terrell said:

Bring him home.. 😅

I've been with you on that.  But honestly, if we get the roster right on the wing, it could work.  Go heavy defense at the 2-4 and we're fine.  Our issue is we went light defense EVERYWHERE.  Which is, shall we say, problematic.  

• Moderators
21 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I thought KAT was incredible offensively but defensively, he looked like bad KAT of years past. He in particular was doing nothing on D.

What's KAT  look like defensively if he's playing center for us next to JJ though.   Does that make it better or worse?

15 minutes ago, Packfill said:

In some respects it does seem like a terrible pairing with Trae.  

Hawks need a culture setter.

Unless you can find ELITE defenders at the 2/3/4 positions.

Good luck with that...

Edited by terrell

15 minutes ago, kg01 said:

First of all, I don't know who told you I was bad mouthing the wolves, but  snitches get stitches. 

And I'll blame who I want to blame, my good sir.  This is the internets, I don't have to be right. 😄

I've been with you on that.  But honestly, if we get the roster right on the wing, it could work.  Go heavy defense at the 2-4 and we're fine.  Our issue is we went light defense EVERYWHERE.  Which is, shall we say, problematic.  

Yeah but those wing defenders have to at least be decent 3 pt shooters as well..

Not an easy task....

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

What's KAT  look like defensively if he's playing center for us next to JJ though.   Does that make it better or worse?

KAT is fine on defense. Ever since Finch took over as their coach you can see the difference in  his defense. If we got KAT he'd play center here.

I think it is more likely to see them trade Capela for Mitchell Robinson for the center Quin prefers. 

19 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Guess how Nuggets won it all last year. They're defense at 1, 3 and 5 is probably the worst in the league, at 4 is limited and at 2 is good

• Like 1

Damn..... Adrian Griffin out in Milwaukee.. lol

1 minute ago, Sothron said:

KAT is fine on defense. Ever since Finch took over as their coach you can see the difference in  his defense. If we got KAT he'd play center here.

I think it is more likely to see them trade Capela for Mitchell Robinson for the center Quin prefers. 

Why would NY do this?

1 minute ago, Nash said:

Guess how Nuggets won it all last year. They're defense at 1, 3 and 5 is probably the worst in the league, at 4 is limited and at 2 is good

But their 5 can do it ALL on offense... lol

21 minutes ago, terrell said:

Yeah but those wing defenders have to at least be decent 3 pt shooters as well..

Not an easy task....

I think it's easier than we think.  You can find dudes that can hit mid-hihh 30's from 3.  And, in reality, they don't have to even be that good to draw the defense out.

It's super hard for defenders to not react to an open shooter not named Clint Capela.  Watch how hard dudes close out on Bey rn.  It's human nature.  Ain't nobody thinking about percentages during the game. 

17 minutes ago, Nash said:

More truth here than folks wanna admit.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sothron said:

because Capela is healthy and Robinson is out for the season

So trade Mitch who has a good contract(15 mill) and actually protects the rim for a washed backup center who cant stop a nose bleed and makes 22 mill next season?

Thats crazy for a 1st 2nd rd exit...... lol

They can grab a backup center for way less imo. 

They could just move Grimes or a pick for one if needed ..

Robinson is a difference maker for them(when healthy)

5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I think it's easier than we think.  You can find dudes that can hit mid-hihh 30's from 3.  And, in reality, they don't have to even be that good to draw the defense out.

It's super hard for defenders to not react to an open shooter not named Clint Capela.  Watch how hard dudes close out on Bey rn.  It's human nature.  Ain't nobody thinking about percentages during the game. 

More truth here than folks wanna admit.  

Easy? Hopefully LF feels the same way...

Those dudes need to have SIZE as well...

No more small players around Trae please..

Edited by terrell
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, terrell said:

Easy? Hopefully LF feels the same way...

Those dudes need to have SIZE as well...

No more small players around Trae please..

I refuse to continue to believe this stuff is the rocket science these folks portray it to be.  Think about what I said  the next time you watch a game and see guys break their neck to challenge a poor a** shooter.

These are the same crooks that sold all the load management staff to us.  Only now to admit years later all of it is useless. 

Screw 'em all. 

2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

There was a year when they had one of the top defenses with Vando at the 4, Prince at the 3, Ant at the 2, and Russell at the 1 a few years back. Offense was a wreck but defense wasn't bad. Not saying that's us because we know it's not but I am saying, don't just assume last place 

2 hours ago, Nash said:

Gordon and KCP was top notch last year and Jokic is a good overall defender. Bruce Brown was massive for Denver off the bench and you see Denver is hurting for it