• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Lakers at Hawks

lethalweapon3

I couldn’t see the game but the box score looks nice and chunky: everyone in the + with Bey and DJ leading at +19.  Stat sheet filled up like a mf outside of blocks.  DJ was one assist away from yet another game with 4 double doubles.  

The team offense goes up a whole level if Trae is getting consistent catch and shoot looks, I did manage to catch one nice sequence on a side to side swing where he was wide open and connected.

The Lakers are ass for sure.  How they’re six games better than the Hawks I have no idea.  They got old ass LeBron, fragile ass AD, Reeves who can do a few things well (apparently rebounding ain’t one), and the rest full-fledged bums who can only do one thing well.

Dre finally decided to come back eh?  Let’s try to suit up for all the rest of em my guy so we can have some semblance of perimeter defensive continuity.

Edited by benhillboy

18 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

The Play-In keeps teams from flat out tanking.

Without the play-in, this team would've been blown up by now.

I don’t like expanding the field but that is a great benefit from the new format.  Every team in the West tries to play competitive ball and can hit you on any given night with SA and Wembanyama improving quickly.  Can’t say the same about the bottom of the East but hey.  I wasn’t convinced someone had to win that Wizards vs Pistons game yesterday until it actually happened 😆

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

The Play-In keeps teams from flat out tanking.

Without the play-in, this team would've been blown up by now.

Really? You think so?

Blown up how? 

They seem to be waiting on fair deal regardless..

Where Murray is concerned that is...

NObody knocking down our doors for OO or AJ

And Dre been hurt..

Edited by terrell

Great win, I had a hot phone date but kept the game on in the background.

We have a lot of areas of improvement, even in a win. Lakers are just as dysfunctional as is but a win is a win, and beating Lebron is never easy.

Happy to see Kobe and AJ out there. One would believe that they would get more minutes with how much we struggle this season. But hopefully they are promoted next season to the rotation.

Go Hawks!

• Like 2

This next 5 game stretch could make or break the season: Phoenix, Warriors, Clippers, Celtics, and Sixers.  After that it’s a nice soft spot for the next three weeks.  Gotta get there with a pulse still.  They failed the soft spot in the schedule in mid December.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

We have a lot of areas of improvement, even in a win. Lakers are just as dysfunctional as is but a win is a win, and beating Lebron is never easy.

Happy to see Kobe and AJ out there. One would believe that they would get more minutes with how much we struggle this season. But hopefully they are promoted next season to the rotation.

Go Hawks!

Never heard the phrase “hot phone date” in my life.  First time for everything 😆

Flashback to the phone chat days listening for the sluttiest messages.  You know what I’m talking about @kg01

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Go Hawks!

okay I'm old sure but what is a hot phone date? I remember the old party line 1-800-SLUT or whatever

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
26 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

This next 5 game stretch could make or break the season: Phoenix, Warriors, Clippers, Celtics, and Sixers.  After that it’s a nice soft spot for the next three weeks.  Gotta get there with a pulse still.  They failed the soft spot in the schedule in mid December.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Hawks win 1/2 of these games and then wet the bed in the 'soft spot' games. We are too unpredictable.

• Sad 1

35 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

As long as the play in exist, there are no make or break games. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

As long as the play in exist, there are no make or break games. 

Single games naw.  But stretches, certainly.  Especially when you’re facing teams directly above or below.

12 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

what was this defense lakers were playing tonight, it was hilarious , we are not going to get that very often.  

They gonna get my boy Ham outta there by this summer for sure.  I was surprised he got the opportunity tho.  He’s best as an assistant no question.  None of his role players develop, the exact opposite of when Bud developed a gang of mfers.

Edited by benhillboy