• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Lakers at Hawks

lethalweapon3

1 hour ago, benhillboy said:

Never heard the phrase “hot phone date” in my life.  First time for everything 😆

Flashback to the phone chat days listening for the sluttiest messages.  You know what I’m talking about @kg01

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

okay I'm old sure but what is a hot phone date? I remember the old party line 1-800-SLUT or whatever

Yall are funny and I deserve it lol

Nah, it’s a weeknight, adults have busy schedules. Sometimes you just have to stay home and catch up over the phone when you can’t get together in person lol

My chat game is legit, laying the groundwork for in person over the weekend. If you must know!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
37 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Nah, it’s a weeknight, adults have busy schedules. Sometimes you just have to stay home and catch up over the phone when you can’t get together in person lol

My chat game is legit, laying the groundwork for in person over the weekend. If you must know!

I hope it works out for you. I had to talk to Mrs. Sothron for several months in a chat room and emails before we even met. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Sothron said:

you beat me to it. Where are you , fake fans? Can't stand it when the team wins, right? 

Will the mods forgive me if I name names and start the inevitable (un)civil warrrr?? 😏

8 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Do your thang, redd.  Just make me an usher at the wedding.  🤔

But, if I'm giving you your flowers, does that make me the flower girl..boy?  Hey, it's 2024 I don't know protocol on these things anymore. 🤓

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Hunter played really well for first game back and drained some 3s.   DJ seemed determined to give Reeves hell.  Not sure DJ liked the reports that the Lakers were unwilling to give him Austin up to acquire him.  

If these are our 8 guys night in and night out we can be much better than we have been.  Still need some more depth though

image.png

image.png

He was definitely turn't up when he saw Reeves across from him.  But they kinda all were. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, benhillboy said:

Never heard the phrase “hot phone date” in my life.  First time for everything 😆

Flashback to the phone chat days listening for the sluttiest messages.  You know what I’m talking about @kg01

Lol.  Why me specifically?  I'm sure we all remember those ads.  Whatchu tryna say, hillbilly? 😄

Man the mood is so different here after a win ... the mood and the population. 👀

I just can't fathom why folks that couldn't stop posting after the Dallas game can't seem to find their passwords today?  Hmmm... 

• Like 3

• Moderators

While not calling out anyone by name is good, we can drop the "where are they" posts.  Good win - let's talk basketball and enjoy kicking the crap out of the Lakers from start to finish.  Definitely one of the most comfortable wins I've seen in a while for us.

Thrilled to see Dre back and look forward to him ramping back up and reclaiming his starting spot.  Also happy to see a deliberate effort to put AJ and Kobe in.  The two ways we are going to improve our depth this year are having people show up to play (no more injuries :praying:) and having the young guys start contributing.  And improving our depth will pay off on a team that can't afford to drop in negative play as regularly as we have over the last month.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
12 hours ago, benhillboy said:

Bruh when the last time GT beat North Carolina?  They giving Vince a hard time now lol. 

For the record, I saw this online that North Carolina is 10-20 in its last 30 combined football and men's basketball games at Georgia Tech.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

Good win! It's not like the Lakers are world beaters nowadays but Hawks were solid last night. I like how Bey always give his all, and Hunter looked good. I hope it lasts and he doesn't get injured again, we need him in the worst way. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, benhillboy said:

Bruh when the last time GT beat North Carolina?  They giving Vince a hard time now lol. 

As @cam1218 so adroitly pointed out, GT beats UNC often enough here in Atlanta.  Man, these low blows keep adding up. 

But I get it.  Hurt people hurt people, right hillbilly?  I know the sandpaper water-slide the heet have been on can't feel good on the ol' toukas. 😏

In all seriousness, they gon trade Herro finally? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

As @cam1218 so adroitly pointed out, GT beats UNC often enough here in Atlanta.  Man, these low blows keep adding up. 

But I get it.  Hurt people hurt people, right hillbilly?  I know the sandpaper water-slide the heet have been on can't feel good on the ol' toukas. 😏

In all seriousness, they gon trade Herro finally? 

Should’ve done it this summer for what they’ve desperately needed for so long: an actual C that can move Bam to PF.  That ship sailed long ago tho.

When I saw they gave up a first for Rozier, one of my more hated players, my mouth hit the floor.  This fool at -76 in 4 games: heat ball is far too advanced for him.  They hate playing with him already while we’ve seen OG and Siakam fit seamlessly into complex defensive and offensive schemes respectively.  I don’t know what the hell Pat was thinking.  Spo will wiggle them out of this free fall somehow by getting the minutes distribution back in order.  Jimmy’s defensive metrics and tape is the worst of his whole career: he needs to buck the hell up and realize the East is getting better every damn day, no more coasting and turning it on in the playoffs.  34 years old and oft-hobbled I still expect him to lead on that end.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, benhillboy said:

Should’ve done it this summer for what they’ve desperately needed for so long: an actual C that can move Bam to PF.  That ship sailed long ago tho.

When I saw they gave up a first for Rozier, one of my more hated players, my mouth hit the floor.  This fool at -76 in 4 games: heat ball is far too advanced for him.  They hate playing with him already while we’ve seen OG and Siakam fit seamlessly into complex defensive and offensive schemes respectively.  I don’t know what the hell Pat was thinking.  Spo will wiggle them out of this free fall somehow by getting the minutes distribution back in order.  Jimmy’s defensive metrics and tape is the worst of his whole career: he needs to buck the hell up and realize the East is getting better every damn day, no more coasting and turning it on in the playoffs.  34 years old and oft-hobbled I still expect him to lead on that end.

So ... dig up U-done-is then? Hehe

I think they want to move Herro but can't.  Most thought Rozier would fit there much better but doesn't.  The issue with both those sentences is the same.  Riley is asleep at the wheel or the game has passed him by.

14 hours ago, benhillboy said:

Awww .... 😔 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, benhillboy said:

xKctSu.gif

Sorry saw holes yesterday 😂