• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Warriors at Hawks

lethalweapon3

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

How do you double a player from the 2nd quarter on... and not call him an allstar?

If you are a player in this league and you know that everytime you come into Atlanta... Your team's game plan is.. we have to do something to stop Trae Young...  How in the hell do you not vote for him to be an Allstar??

I betcha you don't go to Milwaukee thinking, we got to find a way to stop Dame.

It's a freaking Conspiracy by the players and the idiot media to stop Trae from being An Allstar Starter.   I don't believe that the players and media ought to even get a vote. 

Hypocrites.  That's the only explanation. 

These clowns literally prep for Hawks games just as you said, "man how'm I gonna stop this one guy?"

But when they fill out their allstar ballot, "nah, he ain't that good."

Then after games and he buss' dey a**, "Hyuk, hyuk, you amazing, Tray.  Gimme a bro-hug."

Fake a**, disingenuous a**es. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Moderators
8 hours ago, terrell said:

I think hes refusing to go there.. Makes no sense otherwise..

He can’t refuse.  He has no choice as a second year player.

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Bey won't be back and will be moved before the trade deadline for a 1st. Even with the draft picks not including any we gain, we are at 1-5 mil at 14 players. Likely, Garrison won't be back which gives us more plus we could have a 2nd rounder depending on Miami final record. 

So we'd have pretty much the same team but with draft picks but minus Bey and Garrison???  How are we improving the depth?

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

Steph scored 60. :ahf:

Spoiler

image.png

Didn't matter. Ice Trae was on fire again, our centers did a hell of a job, Jalen flirted with a triple-double and Murray was as clutch as they come, he simply schooled that Podziemski boi in OT. 

Trae once said he didn't care much for regular season games, perhaps that is the reason he was snubbed again (of course he should be there, but yeah). If he played night in and night out like he's been playing after the snub we would probably be better in the standings. 

He's been playing at superstar level once again, too bad it might be a little too late, and one can see the team is playing harder than a couple weeks ago. I guess winning cures everything. GO HAWKS!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Soooo...Patty Mills last night, 

7 minutes: 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0,  ....+6.  :er:

Pat E. with the 7 trillion!? (7 followed by however many zeros)

Plus6 doh.

🤓

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, marco102 said:

Wait a minute.  They treat him just like you talk about him on this board.

You keep telling us how he's cheeks.  So explain to us "Trae Stans" who don't understand basketball how he's being mistreated when your posts consistently talk about him like they treat him.

My issue with Trae isn't that he's not an all star. It's that he's not a superstar and the player you guys on here in particular say or think he is. He's always been a top 25 player to me. He's always been a clear all star outside of last year where I felt he struggled. This year, he's been clearly one of the best PGs. I would say Hali, Brunson, and Ja when healthy have been better but he's better than the rest.

I don't think he's a top 10 player. I don't think he's a good or decent defender. I don't think he has any in-between game although I am strongly thinking about taking that opinion back on defense where he's showing that he's still bad at the big things on D, he's becoming good at the little things and the little things are critical for an in-between game and he's showcasing it this year and not just for a game or two. 

• Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Soooo...Patty Mills last night, 

7 minutes: 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0,  ....+6.  :er:

+/- isn't really meaningful in a game to game situation. Garrison did absolutely nothing when I watched and his was a +14. Sometimes you just on the court when we hot and not playing well or you on the court when we struggling and you are doing okay or good. Patty wasn't good last night. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, kg01 said:

Hypocrites.  That's the only explanation. 

These clowns literally prep for Hawks games just as you said, "man how'm I gonna stop this one guy?"

But when they fill out their allstar ballot, "nah, he ain't that good."

Then after games and he buss' dey a**, "Hyuk, hyuk, you amazing, Tray.  Gimme a bro-hug."

Fake a**, disingenuous a**es. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I got no issue with that.  That's actually good advice.  

• Like 4

I’m loving the way Trae is getting off the ball when the blitzes come.  He always made the right type of pass, but now the timing is a little sharper: both early when he notices a void on the weak side and late when his teammates are tardy coming to the ball.  He’s making great decisions on when to dribble through them too.  If the double isn’t solid it’s basically a set of cones to him.

I seen Trae play over 350 times.  First time last night where I seen him post up at the three point line 😆.  It was only for a couple seconds but it was Brunson-like.  I think the Hawks scored on the possession so it worked.

Also loving JJ’s confidence in the short mid range area.  That boy got pushes and turn arounds for that ass.  I always vouch for OO, regardless of scheme this great 4 game stretch shouldn’t be followed by 4 lackluster ones.  And put that boy in the three point shooting contest but just the corners 👍

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 3

It was a modern miracle the Warriors won the chip two years ago.  Even casuals know how awful Jordan Poole is.  Kevon Looney bruh?  He couldn’t suit up for the Hawks.  Wiggins is back to his old “I just play basketball cause I’m big af” self and sorry to say my boy Klay is cooked to a golden brown.  He owes Steph and Draymond a nice chunk of that dreadful contract he’s on now.  That man shot 3 airballs last night.  Doesn’t help that outside of Podziemski they’ve drafted horribly as well since Wiseman.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, benhillboy said:

It was a modern miracle the Warriors won the chip two years ago.  Even casuals know how awful Jordan Poole is.  Kevon Looney bruh?  He couldn’t suit up for the Hawks.  Wiggins is back to his old “I just play basketball cause I’m big af” self and sorry to say my boy Klay is cooked to a golden brown.  He owes Steph and Draymond a nice chunk of that dreadful contract he’s on now.  That man shot 3 airballs last night.  Doesn’t help that outside of Podziemski they’ve drafted horribly as well since Wiseman.

Wiggins was in his contract year

Payton was tremendous 

Steph in his prime as well as Draymond.