Official Game Thread: Hawks at Knicks

• Moderators

Former Hawks' two-way contractor Charlie Brown, now employed in the same capacity by the Knicks, was kind enough to give up his #44 jersey number to accommodate Bojan Bogdanovic's post-trade transition. With the last-place Westchester unit out of the running for G-League playoff contention, and with several starters sidelined, Brown, now bearing uni #4, and all of the Knicks' two-ways are with the main roster.

Getting upgraded from a two-way to a standard contract by the Knicks, back in October, wasn't enough to keep Dylan Windler from getting waived in mid-December, perhaps a casualty due to injuries and the need to ensure flexibility in the run-up to Trade Season. Windler now assumes Trent Forrest's two-way seat with Atlanta, with Forrest recently elevated to the top roster. Conversely, with G-League playoff positioning on the line, Windler joins AJ Griffin, Mo Gueye, and the other Hawks two-way players on duty with the Skyhawks.

Despite the win in Cleveland, New York has prevailed in only three of their past ten games, and hope to hold off division rival Philadelphia (0.5 GB), along with Orlando and Miami, for what is currently the 4-seed in the NBA East. Their homestand at MSG continues after today with the Magic arriving for a game Friday, then a pair of games versus the Sixers on Sunday and Tuesday.

Despite three losses in a row head-to-head, Atlanta maintains a 200-190 edge in the all-time series.

Going 1-for-5 in the first of the two games in Brooklyn, Bogi's Threak remains alive at 69 consecutive games. It is also nearly a year old, stretching back to St. Patty's Day last year. Bogdan hopes to make amends for his last visit to MSG, going 0-for-10 on 3FGs (3-for-16 overall from the field) during a 113-89 loss back in December 2022.

If the mime above looks familiar, that was the late, great, but as-yet-undiscovered Robin Williams, photographed in NYC's Central Park 50 years ago in 1974.

https://petapixel.com/2014/08/14/photographer-photographs-two-mimes-1974-realizes-35-years-later-one-robin-williams/

~lw3

• Like 4

• Premium Member

The Hawks project to have only 11 players available tonight in New York.

Murray, Bogdanovic, Bey, Johnson, Capela, Hunter, G. Mathews, Fernando, Forrest, W. Matthews, Windler (And Windler hasn't had a single practice).

• Thanks 2

Man, it's going to be difficult to win tonight. I didn’t expect them to lose both games to Brooklyn. I hope they show some pride and play team basketball. Win tonight would erase at least one loss against Brooklyn. 

Let's go Hawks!

I get that CC is washed and worth nothing but we have some really dumb players on the team that constantly trying to feed the hopeless loser. He already missed 4 bunnies JC

Offense flowed just as good or better with JJ running it,  as opposed to Murray...

We need to run the offense through Jalen more...

2 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

Anyone who is watching this game with this available roster are true soldiers. Heroes, all six of you. You have stronger constitutions than me. 
I salute you 🫡

What else is there to do on a Tue night? lol

Edited by terrell