• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Knicks

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Maybe it is the fewer minutes, bench role.  At this point, we have to consider that's it.  It's the only substantive change ... other than (whispers) ... the avatar... vatar...atar....ar... 

He's playing 28.2 mpg this season. The lowest of his career. His efficiency and consistency is off the charts.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

He's playing 28.2 mpg this season. The lowest of his career. His efficiency and consistency is off the charts.

He's gotta improve his tech game tho.  He has legit gripes but doesn't know how to work the refs.

Last night wasn't completely his fault, I must admit.  Josh Hart yelled at the ref a play before, ref got in his feewings.  Instead of hitting Hart, he hits Hunter.  Just more stupid reffin. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, NBASupes said:

We got a nice 6 and good 2

Trae

Murray

Bogi

Bey

Dre

JJ

With 

OO

Kobe

Hopefully we can get that center this offseason in the draft and Gueye is ready to be JJ backup 4. 

Murray will not be here lol. Him and Trae do not work in any scenario 

24 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Murray will not be here lol. Him and Trae do not work in any scenario 

Unless we get an offer that makes sense, I wouldn't be sure that we are moving him. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Unless we get an offer that makes sense, I wouldn't be sure that we are moving him. 

What kind of center do you think we can get?  You're thinking a draft pick not a veteran?

27 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Holding players until they lose all their value is what hawks do best so it wouldn’t shock me but they know that pairing don’t work 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

Holding players until they lose all their value is what hawks do best so it wouldn’t shock me but they know that pairing don’t work 

His contract is good so idk if this is the same case

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Yup. They should look to move him. Doubt they will but it should be on table 

51 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I just don't want a reduction in on court talent. (We've done that for two consecutive years). Future picks aren't helping us on the court right now (unless we trade it for a player), WE NEED IMMEDIATE HELP! 

If it's another play-in season next year....I can't, I just can't :blanky:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I just don't want a reduction in on court talent. (We've done that for two consecutive years). Future picks aren't helping us on the court right now (unless we trade it for a player), WE NEED IMMEDIATE HELP! 

If it's another play-in season next year....I can't, I just can't :blanky:

Reduction in talent to get a better fit should lead to better results. No clue what they do at this moment but I know watching Trae and Murray iso one after another isn’t the move 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Reduction in talent to get a better fit should lead to better results. No clue what they do at this moment but I know watching Trae and Murray iso one after another isn’t the move 

Their WAR is both pretty good. Our regression is clearly at the 5. Capela has hit the biggest Brick wall ever and OO hasn't adjusted to more responsibilities well 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Their WAR is both pretty good. Our regression is clearly at the 5. Capela has hit the biggest Brick wall ever and OO hasn't adjusted to more responsibilities well 

It's really just Capela.  Other than him, we're getting what we should expect for how much we're investing in backup centers (~$17M/year).  Meanwhile, we're spending over half our payroll on guard rotations.  Trae/Murray can work together, but the question is if it makes sense to take DJs $25-30M and put it towards a wing or center.  I think the answer is yes.  You have to expect one of AJ/Kobe/Trent to be ready to be a part of the rotation next year.  If we move DJ, it probably makes sense to keep Bogi off the bench, but if we can get good value for him, I would strongly consider moving him as well for a defensive-minded SG (if possible).

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

I don't think coming off the bench is necessarily why Hunter has been playing better, but he's looking so good lately.  It's maybe a bit of semantics, but I think the fact Quin put him on the bench has lit a bit of a fire under Hunter.  He's basically been entitled to a starting role since his rookie year and now this is a bit of a wake up call.  He's also clearly developing better habits under Quin as many have already pointed out (quicker decision making, taking more open 3s, more aggressive, etc).  I hope he can do this as a starter next year if we retain him, because Bey starting/closing at SF is not the answer for this squad long term.

• Moderators
40 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

I don't think coming off the bench is necessarily why Hunter has been playing better, but he's looking so good lately.  It's maybe a bit of semantics, but I think the fact Quin put him on the bench has lit a bit of a fire under Hunter.  He's basically been entitled to a starting role since his rookie year and now this is a bit of a wake up call.  He's also clearly developing better habits under Quin as many have already pointed out (quicker decision making, taking more open 3s, more aggressive, etc).  I hope he can do this as a starter next year if we retain him, because Bey starting/closing at SF is not the answer for this squad long term.

Yeah, I think clearly part of it is that he is just really hot right now.  His shooting splits are a bit like Bogi's during Bogi's hot run a few seasons ago.  Since coming back as a reserve, he is shooting 53.1% FG%, 46.6% 3pt%, .685% TS%.  That is impossible to maintain over a long period of time.  But this is also Hunter's best shooting season by far so hopefully it is a hot run against a backdrop of a legit, sustainable improvement.

14 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Quin has really unlocked Dre!

He's really keeping up his consistency from game to game.

If Hunter keeps on dunking on people we need to give him a proper nickname? How about Dr Dre?

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

You think that will work with Bey and Bogi?  If so, do it Quinn! them boy have been stinking up the joint!

• Premium Member
59 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

You think that will work with Bey and Bogi?  If so, do it Quinn! them boy have been stinking up the joint!

Both playing too many minutes in starting roles. A bench of Bogi, Bey, Dre - sure, why not? 🤓

Sp we just need some starting talent. :stirthepot: