• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Celtics at Hawks (Thursday)

lethalweapon3

Get healthy, get the 9 seed, beat Chicago at home, beat Indiana on the road, and set up the rematch with Boston??

It's happening? lol

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, hawkman said:

Nobody wants to see this team in the postseason. They stood toe to toe against the Celtics. The East has been put on notice.

Just keep playing the SAME way theyre playing now...

Im worried about Murray going back to SG.

He's just not the same player at the 2...

Again, Team 1 and Team 2.. lol

5 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

By the way, Our starting back-court took 45 shots combined

Yeah but I didn't miss the usual critical turnovers at crucial time in the game.. We just witnessed some HIGH LEVEL BASKETBALL from the Hawks... Celebrate.. lol

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, terrell said:

Yeah but I didn't miss the usual critical turnovers at crucial time in the game.. We just witnessed some HIGH LEVEL BASKETBALL from the Hawks... Celebrate.. lol

They use to say, Trae kept the team turnovers down but I guess that is bunked as well

1 minute ago, Threezus said:

For me it's not even a debate anymore as Murray gives enough offense at PG compared to trae for that not to be a massive letdown on that side of the ball.  But the defense between the 2 is quite large at that position.  Plus the cost difference between the 2 toward the cap and how much you could get back in a trade of trae.    If we can;t make both of them work then for me Trae would be the one that needs to go.  Mostly because i think it makes the team better as a whole in the long run. 

Now with that said im super proud of the entire team right now because them boys are out there giving it everything they got against a more talented team.   This to me more than anything shows that Quin is the right coach and he has backups going toe to toe with the best team in the league. 

Let's get Zach Edey, see how he fits with Trae/Murray/Hunter and JJ and then revisit it when we got our center. Then if we gotta move one, we'll do it next year.

All Murray has done is solidify that we aren't moving him without a great offer

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, NBASupes said:

Let's get Zach Edey, see how he fits with Trae/Murray/Hunter and JJ and then revisit it when we got our center. Then if we gotta move one, we'll do it next year.

I have no issues giving it 1 more year with better players around them i just worry about murray at SG is all.   Also i like Murray as a PG more than i like Trae as a PG.  Mostly because i have always preferred 2 way players over a elite at one thing bad at another type of player.   Thats why i have never been a huge Rudy fan as i can't stand his offense at times and lately Capela been leaving me that way to.  But you just can't hate capela he's just to likeable 🙂

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I've seen enough Trae/Murray to last a lifetime.  Time to move on from that back court!

• Thanks 1

I know Trae must be happy that his tech didn’t cost us the game.. smh

Yall think I'm too hard on him now.....

Imagine if we lost by 1 point....🤣

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Threezus said:

I have no issues giving it 1 more year with better players around them i just worry about murray at SG is all.   Also i like Murray as a PG more than i like Trae as a PG.  Mostly because i have always preferred 2 way players over a elite at one thing bad at another type of player.   Thats why i have never been a huge Rudy fan as i can't stand his offense at times and lately Capela been leaving me that way to.  But you just can't hate capela he's just to likeable 🙂

DJ is an elite scorer. I'm not convinced he's running an elite offense. A lot of iso and streakyness to his game. I just wonder if it's sustainable over a season and playoffs. 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, REHawksFan said:

DJ is an elite scorer. I'm not convinced he's running an elite offense. A lot of iso and streakyness to his game. I just wonder if it's sustainable over a season and playoffs. 

So beating Boston twice in 1 week with this rag tag group still has you questioning things?  Jeez! 🤔