• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Celtics at Hawks (Thursday)

lethalweapon3

What a way to even up the winning percentages with and without Trae (both exactly .452 all time regular season).  A 53 game sample across multiple iterations of the Hawks is more than sufficient for unbiased viewers to see his impact has and always will be meh.

@TheNorthCydeRises your boy is getting a point boost with every win, WS/48 currently sitting at .116, tied with Alex Caruso, still light years away from his “contemporaries” I’ve tracked throughout his career who’ve lapped him in terms of floor raising.

No way he’s getting to .140, the bet was always in my favor.  His offensive rating could drop from 118 to 114 if he played 4-6 games to finish the season, keep your fingers crossed bro 😆.  He’s not gonna like the new officiating one bit.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, kg01 said:

This is the right answer.

The wrong answer is all these folks saying we need to trade everybody that's not playing.

Who said we should trade JJ?? lol

• Haha 1

Kamla is ded to me.  Interviewing Bawb.  Highlights..

Kamla says Loston was 'working on things', blah, blah .. asked if he and Nique discussed the porzingo coverage not working (implying that was the reason Murray scored or whatever) ...

:Bob: Well, on the biggest shot of the game, i saw Jrue Holiday on Murray.  Everybody wants to say Loston didn't wanna win.  Well that team got embarrassed Monday, they played their starters HEAVY minutes, they wanted to win that game.

IOW, don't believe the hype.

They pressed Bawb on the guard pairing incessantly.

Bawb admitted recent results make you question what the path going forward shld be.

Kamla says Hawks regret all the contracts they've signed, Heueter, Collins, now suggests Murray contract is regretted .... but when're we gonna see Trae back on the court?

(What kind of dumbarse lead up is that?)

:Bob: (Dude, I on't know.) His real answer is theyre running outta time, we'll see.

Kamla: Thanks for joinin' us .... let's talk about Draymond, hyuk, hyuk....

Screw that guy.  

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Kamla is ded to me.  Interviewing Bawb.  Highlights..

Kamla says Loston was 'working on things', blah, blah .. asked if he and Nique discussed the porzingo coverage not working (implying that was the reason Murray scored or whatever) ...

:Bob: Well, on the biggest shot of the game, i saw Jrue Holiday on Murray.  Everybody wants to say Loston didn't wanna win.  Well that team got embarrassed Monday, they played their starters HEAVY minutes, they wanted to win that game.

IOW, don't believe the hype.

They pressed Bawb on the guard pairing incessantly.

Bawb admitted recent results make you question what the path going forward shld be.

Kamla says Hawks regret all the contracts they've signed, Heueter, Collins, now suggests Murray contract is regretted .... but when're we gonna see Trae back on the court?

(What kind of dumbarse lead up is that?)

:Bob: (Dude, I on't know.) His real answer is theyre running outta time, we'll see.

Kamla: Thanks for joinin' us .... let's talk about Draymond, hyuk, hyuk....

Screw that guy.  

lol Boston is going to get exposed, again, in the playoffs for what they are.  They might make it to the finals given how weak the East is currently, but I doubt they give the Nuggets or anyone else a run for their money.  Their best shot at a title is the TWolves somehow getting to the finals and putting up a bunch of three because Towns/Gobert can't guard the perimeter.

5 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

celtic fans are the worst.  Started listening to the Locked On Celtic pod and right out the gate, dude says "these games are meaningless."  Then a few minutes later, "They don't care about winning against the Hawks." Then, "This wasn't about making a statement. The celtics know they are good and Hawks know they suck."  

I get it.  The celtics are the top seed in the East and have already locked up their position.  But to act like they didn't care about the game last night?  Nah.  Those players such as hell whined and bitched all game like they cared.  JB was struttin like he cared when he thought he hit the game winner in OT.  

It wasn't til AFTER they lost that they decided they didn't care.  The game was meaningless.  Blah blah blah....

If the games were meaningless, they wouldn’t keep score. Suckers. 

• Like 3

Wow!  What a great game!  Squawk posters said after that Monday night victory, "It just don't get any better than this!"

Well, last night it just did!  The green men played their starters major minutes with everyone available.  This proves how much they wanted this game.  They had a big winning streak going.  They now have a two-game losing streak to Atlanta!

Remember!  Hawks were going to trade Murray for who?  They didn't because no one would meet their asking price.  Too late.  The price sure went up a lot, didn't it.

Atlanta Braves season opener on right now!  

Hawks playing, and winning.  Think of all the good players that they have that can't play right now and think of the upcoming draft.  Looking forward to next season!  But we've got those play-in games and the playoffs coming first!!

GO ATL !!

:smug:

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Garrison Mathews joins the show 92.9 The Game after another huge Hawks win

He talks:

1. The wins vs Cs and the 4 game win streak

2. Defense - Quin wants them in the right shifts, contests and getting back in transition

3. His Garry Bird nickname

4. DJ and Bogi

5. Coach Quin - he is so smart, he remembers everything, very detail oriented. The stuff he has them doing on offense and defense took sometime to implement his style of play with his guys. It'sa really good offense and defense and it's taken a little bit to really buy in and to really grasp what they are doing. He thinks they are finally starting to grasp and understand it. He is One-Of-A-Kind. Quins biggest thing is he puts/gives everyone confidence. 

https://omny.fm/shows/dukes-bell/garrison-mathews-joins-the-show-after-another-huge

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, capstone21 said:

Who is the dude who is always at the games in front row and up and cheering all the time … wears bright colors

Boosie Badazz

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

Boosie Badazz

Horrible rapper IMO...

When did he become Hawks ambassador? Geez

They're showing this MF more than Quavo now.. lol

Edited by terrell

34 minutes ago, warcore said:

supes said it a while back in a Siakam trade. Said something along the lines of cashing in while his value is high.... 

I don't recall saying that 

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, terrell said:

Horrible rapper IMO...

When did he become Hawks ambassador? Geez

They're showing this MF more than Quavo now.. lol

I'm not big on his music, but dude reps the Hawks to the fullest unlike some of the others.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, warcore said:

supes said it a while back in a Siakam trade. Said something along the lines of cashing in while his value is high.... 

I just did a search, I didn't say this. 

6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Eh, I feel like you were thinking it.  

Naw. Not even a little bit. You know I never wanted Siakam like that to begin with. I did mention trading JJ for KAT over the summer

Edited by NBASupes

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I just did a search, I didn't say this. 

@JayBirdHawk you better at finding receipts than me. Can you help me out? It was early in this season when everyone was all doom and gloom. 

I remember it well -- it evoked strong emotion. I couldn't believe you said it Supes. 

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Naw. Not even a little bit. You know I never wanted Siakam like that to begin with. I did mention trading JJ for KAT over the summer

it may not have been for a trade for siakam... but it was around that time when everyone was arguing about that. 

I don't judge you for it (too much) -- I know a lot of people were emotionally disturbed at the time and not thinking clearly. 

• Premium Member
53 minutes ago, warcore said:

@JayBirdHawk you better at finding receipts than me. Can you help me out? It was early in this season when everyone was all doom and gloom. 

I remember it well -- it evoked strong emotion. I couldn't believe you said it Supes. 

@warcore Ask and you shall receive....

On 12/30/2023 at 4:23 PM, NBASupes said:

We need to trade JJ this year before he gets exposed like the others. 

On 12/30/2023 at 7:21 PM, NBASupes said:

3rd year. This is the perfect time. 

On 12/30/2023 at 8:18 PM, NBASupes said:

I am the king of sell high. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1