• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Celtics at Hawks (Thursday)

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member

@warcore and this

On 12/30/2023 at 4:20 PM, NBASupes said:

He's not even close to good right now. He's a risk taker and most of the time, he's out of position and ball watching. 

He's an occasional on-ball defender.

JJ has become the most overrated Hawk this year. Last year, it was AJ. 

Man, I am pissed I blew my insult chances with ahf. Damnit!

This is the thread for context:

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

@warcore and this

This is the thread for context:

I definitely remember saying that. Just never said trade him for Siakam. Just KAT

JJ was definitely overrated on here in the beginning of the season. His made me a believer in 2024. He started to become consistent on both ends.

Edited by NBASupes

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, AHF said:

Taking 16 shots when the top two guys take 63 shots is not being the first option.  That is being the third option.  He did well in that role last night.  Good game for Dre but not a first option under Quin.

When 'math-ing' goes wrong 😆 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Premium Member

Couldn't guard him when it mattered most though - in OT and the game winner. Mwhahaha!!!

But more than half of Atlanta’s 28 second-chance points came off Murray’s 26 misses, as Clint Capela and Atlanta’s wings controlled the offensive glass.

“That’s the game right there,” Celtics coach Joe Mazzulla said. “Offensive rebounds, second-chance points.”

It’s strange because the Celtics made Murray miss an eye-watering number of shots, yet gave up offensive rebounds at an alarming rate in a way that wasn’t connected to their coverage of Murray. Boston wasn’t doubling. The Celtics certainly should have — to take the ball out of Murray’s hands — but they didn’t. Boston’s defense is so good that it rarely has to double.

• Thanks 1

On 3/29/2024 at 11:29 AM, terrell said:

Who said we should trade JJ?? lol

@NBASupes 

^this is the original subject matter -- it doesn't matter who you wanted to trade JJ for. Point is YOU wanted to trade JJ. Just own it. No need to move goal posts. 

• Haha 3

54 minutes ago, warcore said:

@NBASupes 

^this is the original subject matter -- it doesn't matter who you wanted to trade JJ for. Point is YOU wanted to trade JJ. Just own it. No need to move goal posts. 

He's not the only one

JJ for Jae Crowder was proposed on here too........🤣

• Sad 2

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, warcore said:

Please find me that! Lawd.... I swear if that was @Spud2nique.....

Incoming 💣.....duck @Spud2nique

(Granted this was when JJ was toiling in the GL under Nate).

On 10/28/2022 at 1:17 PM, Spud2nique said:

I’d flip any of JJ, JHol and any form of a 2nd round pick to the Suns or maybe a three way trade where it gets the Suns immediate help if they don’t want JHol.

Not AJ, but JJ I would.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 3

46 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Incoming 💣.....duck @Spud2nique

(Granted this was when JJ was toiling in the GL under Nate).

Oh man, Spud... this is bad... real bad.  I sure as hell hope you're not planning to run for politics, 'cause Burd is gonna sling mud ALL over your campaign!

• Haha 4

16 hours ago, bleachkit said:

That's why you dont trade young talented guys until you are sure they won't amount to much, like we did with Reddish who was clearly a bust. Clippers trading SGA is a prime example. 

But (and it’s a big butt), you gotta let them go before the rest of the league knows they won’t amount to much. There’s a very small window to make that work.

• Like 3