• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Preview: Pacers at Hawks

lethalweapon3

1 hour ago, Dolfan23 said:

Do what I did and buy the NBA League Pass International. Use a VPN like TunnelBear ($5 a month for unlimited use) then go to the league pass site. I think I paid $80 for the full season and you can probably buy a half season now. I had to do that this year because ballstreams wouldn't let me renew due to credit card processing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah this will probably get me by, good info!

• Moderators
Just now, benhillboy said:

I'm a closeted, sub-conscious Bulls fan.  A distant second to my Hawks fandom but still.  That's effed up.  Luckily he's a trooper.

Kamla updates on NBATV: Butler walked out of the X-ray room under his own power, with his knee heavily wrapped.

~lw3

• Moderators

Aside #4 Injury updates: Butler X-ray negative, so far it's "just" a sprained knee, thankfully. Also injured mid-game w/o returning tonight were Kevin Love for Cleveland vs. Boston (bruised thigh), and Orlando's Tobias Harris (friendly fire around basket, gash around eye, seven stitches).

~lw3

Just now, lethalweapon3 said:

Aside #4 Injury updates: Butler X-ray negative, so far it's "just" a sprained knee, thankfully. Also injured mid-game w/o returning tonight were Kevin Love for Cleveland vs. Boston (bruised thigh), and Orlando's Tobias Harris (friendly fire around basket, gash around eye, seven stitches).

~lw3

Damn, they're falling like flies.

Got killed on the glass. Silly turnovers. Missed some free throws but still won

Props to Al and Jeff for the huge plays down the stretch

Hawks have got to add a rebounder for the playoffs. No way they can beat a team 4 times while getting killed on the glass like that. Has to be some big out there available for a  decent price. I saw Moose get pushed around way too easy tonight, even when he had good position. I have no faith in Splitter. I saw Al come up with cement shoes a few times too. Giving away too many extra possessions. Got to do something about this at the deadline.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sarcatic1 said:

Hawks have got to add a rebounder for the playoffs. No way they can beat a team 4 times while getting killed on the glass like that. Has to be some big out there available for a  decent price. I saw Moose get pushed around way too easy tonight, even when he had good position. I have no faith in Splitter. I saw Al come up with cement shoes a few times too. Giving away too many extra possessions. Got to do something about this at the deadline.

I wish Marvin Williams was available. He would be perfect with this system. Marvin came a decade too soon.

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I wish Marvin Williams was available. He would be perfect with this system. Marvin came a decade too soon.

Sounds crazy seeing how much vitriol he received in past years but I agree.  He's always been a guy who would thrive best in a good system, play his streamlined role and throw his butt around: there is no system with Josh.  

Bud would especially like the block to 1.6 fouls a game.  I fondly remember him having  as solid of defensive efforts as you could have  versus MVP LeBron.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

I saved the class half of the cost of the full season and besides if you missed the first half at least we weren't a dominant team that you had to watch. Hopefully peeps can watch the 2nd half of the season Hawks who destroy teams and take that #1 seed!

Why don't your tapatalk replies give me a notification? This also annoys me.

Beats me. Probably because Tapatalk sucks. It's just easier to use with having other forums I use on there as opposed to multiple web interfaces.

Pacers first ever loss when having a 20+ rebounding advantage. Crazy that we could have won with that much of a disadvantage. Defense was excellent tonight in the 4th. Offense is starting to look like last years team.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I got a bar of soap if you're around the sink. No ducks allowed!!!!

4 minutes ago, Sarcatic1 said:

His girlfriend must love how pre-mature he is!

It's nice to see Millsap finally get some calls.  Now if he would just convert them.  This was the first game have I been able to watch in a few weeks and I liked what I saw outside of protecting the glass.  Korver and Dennis shooting well, millsap, Teague and Horford aggressive and looking to score.  Scott has really stepped it up on the defensive side of the ball.  

Let's take 2 from Orlando and make it 5 in a row. 

8 hours ago, Dolfan23 said:

Pacers first ever loss when having a 20+ rebounding advantage. Crazy that we could have won with that much of a disadvantage. Defense was excellent tonight in the 4th. Offense is starting to look like last years team.

We're the only team in recent history who could do this and it isn't surprising.  The James Heat probably didn't even do this, having rebounders much better than ours off the bench in Haslem, Birdman, and Anthony and coaching that actually cared about it!  

You know how it's become en vogue to have "defensive coordinators" or "co-head coaches" hired to cover the weaknesses of the HC?  We need a damn "Put you body on somebody" Coach.  They never do until Bud finally gets fed up (usually egged on by the home crowd) and he chews them out.  It's usually by the time we're -7 or 8 on the offensive glass.  

• Like 2

I decided to watch the ESPN feed just to get another perspective on the team and there were a few possessions where we gave up 2nd and 3rd chance points and Hubie commented how some of our guys didn't even jump for the rebound, let alone box out. Its not even a matter of being undersized anymore, our bigs aren't putting their body on bodies or competing for the ball in the air. We rebound like we are afraid to get called for fouls, meanwhile the other team is going above, aroun, and through our guys. Its abysmal to see

• Like 1

On 2/6/2016 at 1:33 AM, BackForThe2ndTime said:

Felt like we were lucky to pull this one out.  Awful rebounding.  Nothing new,  but it's so hard to watch. I can't imagine the team isn't frustrated about it too. 

While the defensive effort was solid, the reason they got away with being out rebounded this badly was because some many of the guys had a good offensive game on the same night. That's not going to happen all that often.