• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Preview: Lakers at Hawks

lethalweapon3

Dennis was terrible down the stretch but somehow what Jeff did last year gets brought up lol

Dennis was getting cooked by Russell. He was beating Dennis off the dribble and posting him up

Delaney was getting cooked by Lou, They put Baze on him and he got cooked too

Our guards got dominated tonight

Dennis, Delaney, Kyle,  and Baze were all bad defensively

I really hate when some of you single out specific players only as if it's just that players fault only and  it's really this team as a whole that had issues ....Hawks simply relaxed on defense tonight and the lakers took advantage.

On Howard: He was our best player offensively outside of Hardaway Jr....Howard's defense was im going to just say not the best when the lakers really got going. I saw him focusing on perimeter players far too often especially when Russell and Lou got hot and he let some easy back door passes happen for easy scores to their bigs. Offensively he played his ass off and can have more nights like this when the ball finds him...honestly we shouldn't have stopped going to Dwight tonight.

On Dennis: 

Not his best game . He had a few good passes to Howard and then some bad but it was encouraging to see him find Howard nonetheless. His defense was on and off to me so let me explain when you give a shooter some good looks and they make them and eventually get hot it's going to be even harder to stop that player and that's what happened tonight. Russell got some easy shots when Dennis could have fought harder defensively  but he didn't and when Dennis actually did start making some great contest on Russell shots it was too damn late...D Russell already had ice in his veins, he was in the zone...he didn't care how much you were in his face.

On Bazemore:

Bazemore is still trying to find his rhythm on offense with his jumpshooting. He is forcing some of his 3s and may need to try driving more. Defensively he wasn't at his best I will admit but here's what I saw...Lou starts going off right as we all saw tonight  and  it looked like bud went to baze trying to save ass at the very end by putting baze on Lou but it's too late Lou is already hot....again Lou just like Russell was in the zone . When that happens that's it...we know how great Lou can be when he gets going. Baze had some decent contested shots at the end Lou just made those tough shots , it happens.

On Korver:

For Korver it just wasn't his night. He hit a big one for us at the end but korver forced a few 3s late and it seem like frustration shots because he couldn't really get a clean one off tonight.

On Sap:

Sap just couldn't get it going on offense or defense but I know he will rebound so nothing to worry about.

On THJ:

Can you say 6th man of the year candidate!!!

Overall:

Best offense I've seen as far as getting Howard involved. Worst defense as a team. The perimeter defense was so bad it took Howard focus away from protecting the rim which isn't a good excuse but it did.  offense was gelling with Howard then we decided to jumpshoot every time down. Bud trusted the bench too long and should have put hardaway jr and Howard in damn near the whole 4th quarter. No need to be too down though...we will get it together I'm sure.

Edited by JTB
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Sarcatic1 said:

Dennis was terrible down the stretch but somehow what Jeff did last year gets brought up lol

Dennis was getting cooked by Russell. He was beating Dennis off the dribble and posting him up

So unfair to put baze on a player on who's caught fire and expect baze to all of a sudden just stop him and put the fire out! Cant be mad at baze he's not the one that allowed him to get fired up like you said...Delaney was getting cooked first and way too much by the time baze got in the game.

48 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

The Miserable Ones . . . . welcome back!

Image result for the miserable ones

It's more fun if you read all the posts as if they're being sung by russell crowe's Jabert (sp?)

21 minutes ago, JTB said:

So unfair to put baze on a player on who's caught fire and expect baze to all of a sudden just stop him and put the fire out! Cant be mad at baze he's not the one that allowed him to get fired up like you said...Delaney was getting cooked first and way too much by the time baze got in the game.

Honestly all of our guards were bad defensively. I didn't even mention Nick  Young and  Jordan Clarkson getting hot

The good thing for the Hawks is that its early in the season but they have a lot to clean up.

We need another perimeter defender for the bench. Right now its only Thabo. I would like to see Prince get a few minutes to  see what he can do.

Need to see some better shots from a few guys. Firing up long 3's with a lot of time on the shot clock is not good

Need to see some better passing too. Too many lazy passes and passes in traffic

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Sarcatic1 said:

Honestly all of our guards were bad defensively. I didn't even mention Nick  Young and  Jordan Clarkson getting hot

The good thing for the Hawks is that its early in the season but they have a lot to clean up.

We need another perimeter defender for the bench. Right now its only Thabo. I would like to see Prince get a few minutes to  see what he can do.

Need to see some better shots from a few guys. Firing up long 3's with a lot of time on the shot clock is not good

Need to see some better passing too. Too many lazy passes and passes in traffic

Fantastic idea...i approve, the rookie was a defense standout in college let's see what he can do in the NBA 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Dennis does not have the poise or shooting ability to lead us to victories in crunch time. He just doesn't. Making him filthy rich isn't going to change that.

If Hardaway averaged 30 a game, and Schröder 7 Bud would not even flinch. Dennis gets owned going to the hole more than any guard i know  of, block after block.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

The Miserable Ones . . . . welcome back!

Image result for the miserable ones

It's kind of comical in a way. They come out after our 1st loss. Lol. We are 3-1 folks. In the words of Rodgers...

R E L A X

1 hour ago, QuantumHawkz said:

What? I feel asleep during the game. At that point we was up by 13....with ease. How in the world did the Hawks lose this game?

Now we know, you falling asleep got them some bad karma! :angry::blink::wink:

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Trout7 said:

Lou Williams All-Star.LOL.  He looks like a skinny Ron  Artest.

F him and the vermin that gave birth to him

11 hours ago, Sarcatic1 said:

Yep. The guards were terrible. Bringing Blaze back was a mistake. He and Kyle have such limited games.

Dennis looks like a REMBRANDT and some nights he plays like one.

vor 7 Stunden, Sarcatic1 sagte:

I disagree with that. Dennis was terrible but DRussel made maybe 6-10 points on him in the game. That was not on Dennis but on Delaney who got cooked by EVERYONE or on the switching player i.e. Kyle.

Defensively Dennis was alright. Offensively he wasnt  clicking tonight. Many mistakes. Many forced shots. Many boneheaded plays

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, rd79 said:

Now we know, you falling asleep got them some bad karma! :angry::blink::wink:

LoL.  I saw a poster say that the guard play was terrible. DS17 doesn't look the same. I'm  not saying he sucks, he just looks uncomfortable running the offense.  One of the reasons why I was high on DS17 was because of his passing..... haven't seen much of his playmaker passing in a while.

We squandered a monster game from Dwight scoring and more importantly going 7/10 from the freethrow line, an on fire THJr and the DEFENSE failed us BIG TIME in this one.   We scored 116 points, that's enough to win.  The rest of the starters struggled. - Millsap, Kyle, Baze and Dennis.

72 points for the Lakers in the 2nd half - that's not how we win games.

We also got out-rebounded for the first time this season - too many 2nd chance points for LAL.

At half time I said we needed to tighten the defense and fix the rebounding - It got worse.

I ain't gonna get too deep into it.  Our guards played like doo-doo.  Bazemore has a rep as an excellent defender but he's just a really good team defender, not a good one-on-one guy.  That was glaringly obvious last night.  Dennis as a starter is still a work in progress which, at this point in the season, I'm still ok with.  Keep working on it, we'll profit later.

LAL came in and played hard which was clearly not expected by us.  THJr's halftime interview troubled me in that regard.  He basically said LAL is a young team on the 2nd of a b2b and they expected the Lakers to fade late.  Well, they didn't and we waited until late in the 4th to turn up the intensity.  It was too late by then.

More importantly, when's @Spud2Nique gonna put in for that name-change?  I'll let you off with a temp-change ... this time.:cool: